Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Green subbed out. Anyone know what happened to him?

Blues barely lost to the reigning premiers. Let them lose six in a row before you get too cocky.
And their bullocking two key forwards continually spooked themselves in front of goal against Geelong. simple set shots from regulation angles and no further than 40 out.

They rely on real mental short people. you can tell when they're going to miss those kicks. always in moments where a goal would reward some good movement in the middle and give the whole team some pomp.

That last play was exceptional by Daicos. He saw the massive moment and just seized it.
It got me thinking about our list - we have lots of fine players.
We have contested possession beasts.
We have quality rucks.
We have a great defence with excellent lockdown guys and elite interceptors.
We have fine roleplayers that do their job for the team each week to the best of their ability.

But….

Do we have a match winner? I’m not so sure. Of course it had to be Daicos tonight. Players like that seek those big moments and embrace them, just like Dusty Martin before him, and I’m not sure we have that player on the list yet.

It’s hard to win a flag without one of them.
Xav Ellis says it a lot on the HBG pod - we have the likes of Serong who is honest as the day is long and a top top class player, and Brayshaw similar to him, but can either evolve into an elite forward mid? To me there is A-graders and then their is A-graders+++++ that win games off their own boot from the midfield. Daicos, Petracca, Bontempelli types.

Prime Sonny was our version of that guy but prime Sonny is gone and won’t be back.

We need more X factor. Some will say Freddie but he’s just to hit and miss for me. Amiss is a promising key forward but in that type of stoppage scenario we saw last night it’s the elite mids who can score that teams look to for a huge play.
It’s a real shame Bolton is not in play.
For what it’s worth - these type of players are so rare and I don’t think Carlton have that guy either in their team.
Rolls eyes, we had a lot of players stand up in clutch moments in the elimination final vs the Dogs in 22. Brayshaw and Serong with two goals in the run that got us back into it.

I seriously don't understand this whiney stuff that comes up about one's own team when a great player from another team has a match winning moment. Why the need to compare? Just enjoy that moment for what it is instead of making yourself feel bad about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't they say he failed the HIA but it wasn't confirmed as concussion?
Shrugs. I can't see a guy who comes from a family with a history of concussion issues playing six days after being subbed out for a head knock. Not guaranteed, but highly unlikely.

Mccartin was automatically assessed for a HIA. If he passes he plays on. He failed and was subbed.
No way he passed the HIA and they say but well tactical sub you so you can play next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back