Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF is with the commentators circle jerking over the Eagles ‘effort’

They’ve been smashed and yet somehow get praised.

Watching Liam Ryan has been hilarious. Literally walking around.

Gonna be out of the 8 at the end of this round. At what point of our 8 year rebuild are we gonna actually, you know, contend?
While we aren’t looking like contenders yet, it’s way too early to make calls at round 9. Hell, media commentators are changing their tune every couple of rounds

While we aren’t looking like contenders yet, it’s way too early to make calls at round 9. Hell, media commentators are changing their tune every couple of rounds
Next 3 rounds and we will have a better idea.
That loss to WC, close games against the Blues, Port and the pressure gets reapplied.

people were predicting top 4 after our first few games. so if it ok to call optimism. it ok to call reality too, could go full pessimist and call for club to merge with Tasmania. LOL

But lets stick with Realism . based on the 9 rounds. this is not our premiership year. too many changes in players skill levels to improve. I often wonder apart from drilling game day strategy do they actually still do Skills training during the week.

Our team needs to improve goal kicking skils. Kicking to a leading player, handpasses that goto players not to the ground.

We can just live in hope that other clubs are dealing with as many issues and we can keep beating bottom 8 clubs.

True Raz. Another poster said he watched Sydney kick for goal before the game Friday night. Did it for a long time. Handballs were sketchy. Skills are the problem. Basic skills under pressure, and sometimes no pressure

No Yeo means their midfield is threadbare.

If McGovern has done his kidney as is being suggested on their board it could be a painful few weeks.

people were predicting top 4 after our first few games. so if it ok to call optimism. it ok to call reality too, could go full pessimist and call for club to merge with Tasmania. LOL

But lets stick with Realism . based on the 9 rounds. this is not our premiership year. too many changes in players skill levels to improve. I often wonder apart from drilling game day strategy do they actually still do Skills training during the week.

Our team needs to improve goal kicking skils. Kicking to a leading player, handpasses that goto players not to the ground.

We can just live in hope that other clubs are dealing with as many issues and we can keep beating bottom 8 clubs.
That’s all well and good but I just pointed out the futility of predicting and declaring contenders in round 9. It’s a long season. This time last year no one had GWS and Carlton as contenders. Both played in PF.

True Raz. Another poster said he watched Sydney kick for goal before the game Friday night. Did it for a long time. Handballs were sketchy. Skills are the problem. Basic skills under pressure, and sometimes no pressure
I guess the question is "is it too late "

I always had the motto as a Coach, " turn up early for training and just do line kicking, one left one right- Finish the training session with shots at goal"

But the professionals from the few trainig sessions i have watched mostly drill game strategies and rarely just repetive basic skills. Need the strategy yes. but we need those basics first !

I am just catching up on this news about Nicks' treatment of Curtin today. Like WTF? If they lose this game it's almost sackable immediately but even if they win, the bigger picture of the effect on a first rounder playing his second game....
Nick's is an idiot

I am just catching up on this news about Nicks' treatment of Curtin today. Like WTF? If they lose this game it's almost sackable immediately but even if they win, the bigger picture of the effect on a first rounder playing his second game....
Nick's is an idiot
What happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened?
He made a couple of errors in defence so Nicks dragged him in the second quarter and subbed him out of the game. In the second quarter. Unthinkable . If you don't think a young player is ready, you don't pick him. Once you pick him, you back him in. Smells of match committee dysfunction and an idiot coach under pressure to me.
Then of course in the first five minutes of the third a crows player broke his wrist and he has a fit player sitting there subbed out.

Jordan Dawson best on ground for Adelaide

The real Liam Ryan is here. The one at Subiaco. Guess there’s nothing at stake for him, so he can’t be bothered

He made a couple of errors in defence so Nicks dragged him in the second quarter and subbed him out of the game. In the second quarter. Unthinkable . If you don't think a young player is ready, you don't pick him. Once you pick him, you back him in. Smells of match committee dysfunction and an idiot coach under pressure to me.
Then of course in the first five minutes of the third a crows player broke his wrist and he has a fit player sitting there subbed out.
Id trade one of our 1st rounders for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back