Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It's potentially a good result for us.

Don't get too scared. The Eagles played 8 under 50 games and other than Reid and potentially Ginbey, the other 6 were in their bottom 8 contributors. They are being carried by premiership players.

Seriously though, the **** did Waterman turn into the goat?
Yeah Waterman is the real story. They basically didn't really want him and now he's turned into a superstar out of nothing. Would basically be like Emmett rocking up and all of a sudden kicking 45 goals in a season.

Unbelievable

He's not a top 5 player in the AFL yet.

He's nowhere near consistent enough.
He was the best player on the park tonight I reckon. I see your point on consistently, but in terms of match winning moments he’s on his own. I guess it depends on how one defines “best” players.
Reid did things tonight that only a very select few players in the game are currently capable of doing.

Ya it’s definitely the biggest improvement of performance relative to perceived ability in the shortest amount of time I think I’ve ever seen in a player

The only comparison that comes to mind is Steve smith

So yeah waterman guaranteed
GOAT
😜
At least Smith had a good FC record. Waterman is like Callum Ferguson turning into peak Smith.

I wonder what the melb media will write..they going to trash demons like they did to us to losing to weagles
I must have missed that here in Mebourne. They didn’t give a crap that we lost to the eagles. It was barely mentioned. They were far too busy that week putting the boot into Bevo at the dogs to notice anything we did or didn’t do that weekend.

Yeah Waterman is the real story. They basically didn't really want him and now he's turned into a superstar out of nothing. Would basically be like Emmett rocking up and all of a sudden kicking 45 goals in a season.

Unbelievable
****ed.
See forwards like Taberner toil and work bloody hard.
Waterman is just a lucky hack.

For as much of a flog as he looks and probably is, I am happy for Waterman to have some personal success. He has gone through a tough health battle and has come out the other side looking like a completely different player.

For as much of a flog as he looks and probably is, I am happy for Waterman to have some personal success. He has gone through a tough health battle and has come out the other side looking like a completely different player.
West Coast, yet again, bloody lucky to reap the benefits. Didn’t even want him after last year.

West Coast, yet again, bloody lucky to reap the benefits. Didn’t even want him after last year.
Yeah they ****ed around with him contract wise, neither him nor his family were happy with how they went about his illness, and still despite all of that they come out on top.

Eagles will be playing finals next year..as long as Mcfat stays fit.

This is clearly Waterman’s season to savour. I would imagine it’ll be the same usual bs next year. History shows even ave Fwds can produce a marvellous season then go missing.
Keep playing tabs he must be due?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Harley Reid is a freak.
He will play fifty games with the Eagles before signing "the biggest contract in afl history" with Collingwood or whoever?
Forty one games to go!
The tears will be Dead Sea salty!
Let's all enjoy the ride
3 years

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually loving these optimistic and giddy fans.
Don’t tell them that the whole team is held up by the experienced players

Darling 33
Sheed 29
Cripps 32
Waterman 27
McGovern 32
Barass 28
Kelly 29
Ryan 28

Not to mention
Gaff 33
Yeo 32

Little youth other than Reid. Maric meh. Chesser is a fail.
Hough is alright, but he’s a defensive small defender. Hardly inspiring

The rebuild actually haven’t really began if you really think about it.

Darling 33
Sheed 29
Cripps 32
Waterman 27
McGovern 32
Barass 28
Kelly 29
Ryan 28

Not to mention
Gaff 33
Yeo 32

I think they could play finals 25-27 if everything clicks..

There could be a dip though after when their older important players retire.

Darling 33
Sheed 29
Cripps 32
Waterman 27
McGovern 32
Barass 28
Kelly 29
Ryan 28

Not to mention
Gaff 33
Yeo 32

That's still a lot of lost Derbies for us in the next 4 years if we don't pull our fingers out.

I don't think it is just coincidence that Reid and Waterman are both staring at home games compared to their away performances.
Reid averages about 15 disposals away and has kicked 1 goal from his 4 games vs 20 disposals and 6 goals at 5 home games.
Waterman averages 2 goals a game more at home.

Both of these players are playing great football, but favorable umpiring makes a difference to what they can get away with and just as importantly, what their opposition can do to counter them.

Darling 33
Sheed 29
Cripps 32
Waterman 27
McGovern 32
Barass 28
Kelly 29
Ryan 28

Not to mention
Gaff 33
Yeo 32

Coupla things;
You forgot Jai Culley. Could be good.

I'm not so sure WC has more pain ahead. They are going to keep targeting free agents with their (sussly unlimited) cap space and bring in mid age-range players to cover for the retiring veterans. The days of the amusing 100+ thrashings are likely behind them now.

And finally, I thought Jamie Cripps was 52. Looks at least a year older than me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back