Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets for the Richmond v Collingwood Preliminary Final at the MCG on Friday night are now exhausted after this morning's club member sale.

The general public on-sale scheduled for 2pm today will no longer go ahead. The AFL members and MCC member on sales will go ahead as planned.

If further tickets become available as a result of unused Club or AFL allocations they will be released via Ticketek at 2pm AEST, Thursday September 20.

Tickets will be strictly limited and subject to availability.

Tickets for the Richmond v Collingwood Preliminary Final at the MCG on Friday night are now exhausted after this morning's club member sale.

The general public on-sale scheduled for 2pm today will no longer go ahead. The AFL members and MCC member on sales will go ahead as planned.

If further tickets become available as a result of unused Club or AFL allocations they will be released via Ticketek at 2pm AEST, Thursday September 20.

Just nuke it from orbit

Thanks for the info, but it would be safer walking through downtown Aleppo than sitting in the stands of the MCG this Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staggered by the media commentary around Hawthorn’s straight sets exit compared to our elimination final loss. You’d think Hawthorn was some young emerging team on the rise primed for a decade of success and that this year’s finals were a great learning experience for them.

They had the oldest list this year and the following players over 28 played on Friday night:

Burgoyne, Roughead, McEvoy, Smith, Henderson, Frawley, Mirra, Puopolo.

I don’t see replacements on their list for several of those key players particularly Roughead, Frawley and McEvoy.

That they finished where they did was a testament to their coach because IMO their list is bottom 8 quality and they will slide before they challenge again.

Staggered by the media commentary around Hawthorn’s straight sets exit compared to our elimination final loss. You’d think Hawthorn was some young emerging team on the rise primed for a decade of success and that this year’s finals were a great learning experience for them.

They had the oldest list this year and the following players over 28 played on Friday night:

I don’t see replacements on their list for several of those key players particularly Roughead, Frawley and McEvoy.

That they finished where they did was a testament to their coach because IMO their list is bottom 8 quality and they will slide before they challenge again.

Swans got away with little scrutiny compared to us as well. I was a little surprised to hear parts of the media talking them up for next year, but when it’s all said and done, I’m only interested in the Cats and struggle to remain enthused if we’re not involved.

And when McEvoy, Bruest, Burgyone and Poppy go missing its all about they were beaten on the night, rather than they are past it and over the hill.

Ahh the balanced media perspectives....lol

Go Catters

It difficult to label the 3 mainstays .. those in the media sort of run home to mama , they like to see everyone as nail and act like a hammer.. but some nails just do not get hit with an easy swing... the Clarkson nail is a slippery one and sometimes the media let personal bias tweak the call.

To be fair.. depending on you pov they have a point because you can choose what you want to highlight. Haw finished 4th after getting beaten by Brisbane twice... good or bad? Geelong finished 8th after beating Melb twice in a single kick game..good or bad. The way Melb is going I know who is the better opponent...

To be frank Im happy that Geelong are getting a bit of media S & M. Let them bring out the whips and the plasticised versions of 50 shades of grey ..and go to town on us. Maybe then .. we get a little narky..maybe then.. we get our backs up. So Im glad that Hutchy asks the question like he did last night... Are Geelong great recruiters but ordinary traders.. Are they too generous?.. Its another cloudy spin merchant topic that you can paint anyway you want..

So what give Haw the "Get out of Jail" free card ..while we are in the clink with Jake the Jailbird ...? Well they won3 in a row , they have clarkson , they have the history of Hawthorn etc. . We have been moaning about Geelong finals performance for sometime.. its probably only this year that they have caught on.. and for sure now ..Geelong have a monkey on their back again. Well done Geelong that monkey was gone..but now its back.. and if you are not careful..it will end up being a Magilla Gorilla

So bring it on..and let our club feel the burn. Maybe they have been in a comfortable little cocoon for too long.

Last edited:
Not a great Tigers fan but the sight of beetroot head Eddie in tears again and the pain on the face of Nathan no flags will put a smile on my dial to night when the Tigers flog the Pies.Go Tiggs.Wobble wobble wobble.:)
I would like to see Richmond lose tonight, and Collingwood lose another GF.
But not if it means Western Australia win the premiership.

I would like to see Richmond lose tonight, and Collingwood lose another GF.
But not if it means Western Australia win the premiership.
I don't really like any premier:

Richmond + Collingwood because they're arrogant flogs
West Coast because they're West Coast (and everyone thinks WE have the biggest home ground advantage? None in finals...)
Melbourne because it's another constructed fairytale (showing Dees supporters in Melbourne at the ground, wtf?) and the AFL has given them more money and picks than gold coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back