Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack martin has nominated the PSD with 1mil contract for next year and around 600k over 5 total lol

He has talent but not 1mil talent even if it evens out over 5 years
He’s very very lazy when I could be bothered watching any GC games and a for a midfielder he spends a lot more time in the forwards than the middle which to me screams fitness issue

and looking at him physically I doubt I’m wrong , gee GC really does well at destroying kids potentials

He’s very very lazy when I could be bothered watching any GC games and a for a midfielder he spends a lot more time in the forwards than the middle which to me screams fitness issue

and looking at him physically I doubt I’m wrong , gee GC really does well at destroying kids potentials
I agree but how much is an attitude problem though whenever i have gone to GC events e.g. family day etc Martin has all ways been trying to hide and ignore fans. Now he may be shy not sure but he came across as unmotivated to me.

I agree but how much is an attitude problem though whenever i have gone to GC events e.g. family day etc Martin has all ways been trying to hide and ignore fans. Now he may be shy not sure but he came across as unmotivated to me.
Yeah you can’t deny if there’s an element of attitude issues at the club, it’ll be interesting how he goes at Carlton on big money ...but how far back physically is he for a midfielder would be a concern imo

A mil a year for a mid who averages 18 touches. Gtfo.
Poor mans Eddie Betts without the results Eddie has put up.

Cant see the value at that price IMO.

GO Catters

Poor mans Eddie Betts without the results Eddie has put up.

Cant see the value at that price IMO.

GO Catters
Gee he was rated highly in his draft year. He was expected to be one of the top 5 players in the comp at some stage. Take it with a grain of salt I guess. We see this alot with alot of kids...

Gee he was rated highly in his draft year. He was expected to be one of the top 5 players in the comp at some stage. Take it with a grain of salt I guess. We see this alot with alot of kids...
Richard Tambling....

I wonder except Lynch and Prestia have any of the gun kids at GC really come close to hitting their potential?
I remember reading May say he couldnt believe the step up in training when he went to Melbourne.
Melbourne! The team who wouldn't go on a pre season obstacle course.

Maybe those drafts that they had access to were average drafts.

Development is such a big deal to be honest. That's why we see teams like Geelong and Hawthorn doing well with kids picked in the 30s and 40s.

While we rate first round draftees so highly when they are picked, they are not THAT much better than the average player in the competition once they get trained up. The best first round draftees only reach their potential when they are placed into a good team that can surround them with the right teammates and tactics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as GC is the joke of the AFL, it is really good to see young players re-sign with them and looking to make it work up there

Its been remarkable how poorly they have gone so far. Its been an absolute disaster and I agree that it looks like they are great at destroying development of young players. I threw a bit of a fit when I heard they were getting another priority pick this year, which reads to me as another wasted talent. If they can just get it together, and galvanise the group so that the players WANT the responsibility of success to each other and the club, theres no reason why they cant make it. I just struggle to see any love at all up there.

Last edited:
Its been remarkable how poorly they have gone so far. Its been an absolute disaster and I agree that it looks like they are great at destroying development of young players. I threw a bit of a fit when I heard they were getting another priority pick this year, which reads to me as another wasted talent. If they can just get it together, and galvanise the group so that the players WANT the responsibility of success to themselves and the club, theres no reason why they cant make it. I just struggle to see any love at all up there.
It helps now that they have a decent group running the joint as well as a good training facility(was deplorable when they started)
I think of the concessions this year (and next few) as a reboot with a much better chance of working

Last edited:

Oh god no please for the love of god don't do it you idiots.

Can't wait till its used solely for tactics to halt momentum.

Been saying it for years. Get rid of touched behinds and a point for hitting the post. If the ball touches a player or the post and goes through the two big posts, it's a goal. If it goes between a big post and little post, it's a behind. If the ball hits the post and bounces back into play, it's play on.

Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back