Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almost any side in the League would grab a back pocket of the quality of Kersten.
Fred on fire today.. those sarcasm pills are kicking in huh !

Go Catters

Nice & direct

Back in the early 1920s, just as Bobby Jones was getting going on his way to making golf generally popular, it was still an elite amateur sport for the rich.
A New York sports reporter went to the sports editor with a suggestion that they start reporting on it.
"Golf, what the heck, who's interested in golf?"
"It's very popular with rich people, lots of businessmen play golf"
"Then take it to the Business Editor and let him waste space on it in the business pages"

Paddy macartin going to sit the year out. Can’t see him ever playing again.
I wish him well with what happens, and this sounds like the smartest thing to do - his health is more important than a football career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 Pre-season fixture is out. We play the Suns @ Metricon on Feb 22, and Essendon in Colac on March 9.
Woohoo, our annual Essendon country match

Guess it was to be expected, but sad to see all the same...

The pity or tradgedy for Menzel - is its the AFL not the EPL - and most importantly there is no relegation rule - AFL is about developing players

If there was a relegation rule in AFL ( especially say the bottom 3 going down ) and the dire financial consequences of being relegated - then it is a certainty that Menzel would be still on someones list .You see that all the time in the EPL - so called journeyman - who can actually still play - Teams will coble together anyone they can get - to keep them up

There's been plenty of waffle about cricket in this thread and those posts weren't moved or deleted :rolleyes:
If I wanted to read about either Rugby or Cricket I would go to the appropriate thread, having to wade thru multiple pages to find a glimmer of what the thread title is actually about, is a killer.

Edit - Search is your friend, top right corner.

Aim your mouse arrow/pointer there, click on that and type in what or where you want to go. Sorry for being such an impatient (insert your own word here).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back