Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Remember, we held on to win by less than a goal against Hawthorn, lol
Melbourne have us covered in almost every position. Midfield is deeper. Rucks are dominant. Two AA key defenders.
Better small forwards and the only position we trump them in is key forwards.

Was still a win over the Hawks, and we're travelling a lot better now than we were back then, while Melbourne have petered off.

Yep. Remember, we held on to win by less than a goal against Hawthorn, lol
Melbourne have us covered in almost every position. Midfield is deeper. Rucks are dominant. Two AA key defenders.
Better small forwards and the only position we trump them in is key forwards.

Is that our earlier season effort against Hawthorn where Evans went off injured before quarter time, Higgins was off injured in the 3rd quarter and debutant Holmes was cramping up at the start of the last & struggling to run out the match?

If anything, Hawthorn should have run over the top of us but failed against an under strength Geelong with a short bench

It may have been a win but let's no carry on about Melbourne getting a draw against Hawthorn.

What's more relevant? A game last week, or a game 3 and a half months ago?

Beats me. Umpire had a perfect view of it too.
I know there's a fair number of complaints regarding holding the ball/incorrect disposal decisions, but to me the kicking in danger rule is one that the umpires have totally forgotten about & f'ed up this season

Shouldn't be that hard to call but we rarely see it paid

What's more relevant? A game last week, or a game 3 and a half months ago?

Well we agree to disagree.
I think Melbourne have us covered at the MCG and I certainly feel as though the Dogs will hammer us in a re-match. Both clubs were big outsiders to even make the grand final by comparison to ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is currently injured and probably shouldn't be playing the only reason i think he is was the faint finals hope Freo had before this game

Fair enough but I'm not just talking about this game. Been quite a few this year. I can see the upside but more than happy to persevere with what we have and explore other options for the next couple of years.

Far out the more I see of Darcy the happier I am he's locked away at Freo longer. Could be a very decent ruck in 5 years but freaking miles off it now. Looks awful and constantly gassed.

Been battling a knee injury which he aggravated against us last week - if they weren't playing for a finals spot then it's likely neither Fyfe or Darcy are playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back