Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

They're barely giving their kids a taste. Last week they had 4 players under 23y and 6m. But it's obvious why. There's basically no kid that has shown anything on Richmond's list.

Some of their best players like Bolton and Baker have had massive days today. Port have been bog ordinary. And Port are going to win easy away from home.

Looking at the Taranto & Hopper trades, it cost Richmond picks 12 & 19 in 2022, and what became pick 8 in 2023

If they don't rebound quickly and find success with those 2 in the team within the next 3 or 4 seasons, you do have to ask how much better off they may have been to take those 3 selections to the draft instead

Missed an easy one there Jesse Hogan

Yeah, but they also don't have any I give a taste too. A development year for their list but specifically only a couple of names

Yeah that's the thing. Richmond fans and some in the media are calling for Yze to drop mature players and play the kids.

Have they seen how uncompetitive guys like Dow and Banks have been this year? And those are the kids that have shown enough in training to actually be given a crack. The talent is just not there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley Reid is going to be so good that both Norf and the Hawks actually have done their club members a disservice by winning games late last year to get off the bottom

Tbf I doubt he will stick in Perth beyond his first contract
Correct... But if he was in Victoria at the Hawks or Roos he'd be less chance of moving, as he's already home.

Regardless f**k both those teams, can't wait till he's in the Hoops

Tbf I doubt he will stick in Perth beyond his first contract

He might not but he will cost some vic team a huge amount at the end of 2026. Like im talking possibly the same or more than what judd did given you can now trade future picks.

I hate to see what that would cost

Realistically it would cost us so much it would hurt (given we are unlikely to have top 5 picks). Im not convinced we could get the collateral without giving up someone we really dont want to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back