Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather see the Bombers win but that is purely from a Lions perspective, another loss for them and surely they'll have to rebound with a line in the sand game. A scrappy unimpressive 1-2 goal win to the Bombers would be OK by me.
I’d rather Melbourne win.

I believe Essendon are about ready to implode and I don’t see them as a “line in the sand” team.

I believe from the coach down, they’re mentally fragile, and if a team gets on them early, the players will roll over, and tune out the coach.

I want Melbourne to smash them. Then they will have the pressure of the media and their fans on them all week. And I don’t see them as a “us against the world” team.

While it was high-quality I really didn't enjoy the game last night - too much of it was waiting for your opponent to make an error and slingshot off the turnover. Part of this is probably fatigue about Geelong who look very very formidable.

I think tonight's game is going to be significantly more entertaining, albeit probably of a lower quality.

I can't wait for tonight's game. Super excited about it, and the after match visits to the melt threads.

1554438006040.png

I’d rather Melbourne win.

I believe Essendon are about ready to implode and I don’t see them as a “line in the sand” team.

I believe from the coach down, they’re mentally fragile, and if a team gets on them early, the players will roll over, and tune out the coach.

I want Melbourne to smash them. Then they will have the pressure of the media and their fans on them all week. And I don’t see them as a “us against the world” team.
I hope you're right briz and I'm wrong briz.

Scott refuses to make changes to the North side. Wow.
He brought on Marley Williams who was injured, as well as a few unerdone players in the backline, which was a factor in us running over them in the last few minutes. Wondered why he did that.

I'd rather see the Bombers win but that is purely from a Lions perspective, another loss for them and surely they'll have to rebound with a line in the sand game. A scrappy unimpressive 1-2 goal win to the Bombers would be OK by me.
I was thinking the opposite. I don't want Essendon to win as there confidence might go up.

I have to say that Riewoldt's comments this season have really impressed me - he's a smart cookie.

I have to say that Riewoldt's comments this season have really impressed me - he's a smart cookie.

Really good commentator. I get the sense he does a lot of homework.

Really good commentator. I get the sense he does a lot of homework.

Yes, he certainly communicates good points effectively - enjoy his thoughts. Was nice to hear him refute one of Robbo's quick comments the other night on 360.

The views expressed on the Dees banner tonight will turn to become sharply ironic should they get beaten, given what the tone of social media will be :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Kayo down for anyone else?
Not working on my phone (android) or web browser (chrome)?

Melbourne's gameplan of outnumbering at the contest and stacking the team with inside mids and various hard at it types with sub-standard skills like Vandenberg, Josh Wagner etc doesn't seem to have translated this season. No outside class and no capable small forwards. Their midfield also can't get near Shiel, he's far too quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back