Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha hell no! ;)

I can directly compare the Giants and Lions on a weekly basis.

The Lions know where our players are likely to be, where we're likely to lead, and can shut down opposition ball movement with a tight zone. We're very efficient and deliberate.

The Giants rely on individual brilliance, let deliberate ball movement chip through their attempt at a zone, don't play to their strengths, and are heavily reliant on winning the ball in their defensive line. Their effort fluctuates massively, which is on the players, but it's also part of frustration.

The really do give off the impression of a bunch of individuals just doing their thing in a group rather than a team. They need some guidance and firm hand from someone they fear or respect. A Clarkson could make a war machine out of that group. Really don't know why they re-signed Cameron.

Is Leon the man? Hate to just blame the coach but the list should be doing so much more. I don't consider a grand final belting a legit excuse for the attitude drop.
No.

They remind me of a listless NBA team, where things go one of two ways; where the players should get the coach fired because they’ve stopped playing for him, or management will back the coach in and some of the high profile players walk at seasons end.

Either way, it’s going to require some level of implosion and a rebuild, and a strong general manager to get the Giants ship righted. Or they’re going to face a decade of what the Suns have gone through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a few teams desperate NOT to extend their seasons by playing finals this year.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Is there a financial penalty for players on the team that finishes eighth that we don't know about?

Crows have Richmond next week.

I know it won’t happen but I’m going to spend at least a minute this week day dreaming about crows winning v Richmond from a Ben keays mark and goal on the siren.

I think the lesson from the last couple of blues games is that if we remember to keep playing defence after they give us a 10 goal first quarter lead next week we should be right. Will be an absolute debacle if the crows lose it from here, but then that would be a good description of the crows season in 2020

Blues are really making their job hard for themselves, if they go down, might well be deflated against us next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back