Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GWS are losing their list manager aren't they...
Would be great to see Scotty Clayton back at the lions........not sure who took over from Scwabby ....maybe part of Nobles responsibilities but the big Conole is doing a great job so I guess that is a no. I hope Josh Clayton remains in the Neafl if not picked up and will be interesting to see what happens with Jack Clayton. Heard Scotty may end up at the Saints.

Really? I wouldn't have thought what I posted was bullshit. Each to their own though. I generally feel blues have a very bright future and I'm certainly not the only one to think that.

They have a very bright future ....With no Gibbs & Doc gawn it just puts that future back a couple of years..

They have a very bright future ....With no Gibbs & Doc gawn it just puts that future back a couple of years..
They were already a bit thin in the midfield, Gibbs out was bad but maybe balanced by the ins. Another injury or two in the middle though and they would be in huge trouble

They were already a bit thin in the midfield, Gibbs out was bad but maybe balanced by the ins. Another injury or two in the middle though and they would be in huge trouble
Cripps struggled last year even when fit, it is going to be hard to run big midfield minutes at the size he is. Murphy or Cripps go down and they look pretty skinny after that.

Looking at how next year is shaping I would think we should have gc, North and carlton covered. One more drops and we are out of the bottom 4!

Cripps struggled last year even when fit, it is going to be hard to run big midfield minutes at the size he is. Murphy or Cripps go down and they look pretty skinny after that.

Looking at how next year is shaping I would think we should have gc, North and carlton covered. One more drops and we are out of the bottom 4!

Yep...and will take time for the new group of inclusions to gel together and play to Bolton's game style..

To be fair, putting numbers behind the ball isn't that complicated.

With respect, that's part of the defence-oriented game plan..It's also getting the one-percenters right..
(Chasing, Bumping, Corralling, Blocking, Spoiling, Knocking to advantage and Shepherding)

and the structures intrinsic to Bolton's model i.e
  • Quick defensive transition
  • Whether to outnumber their opponents at contests or spread to rebound
  • Zone defence proper positioning
  • Switch play to the fat side in order to move the ball easily through the midfield and forward line
  • Taking advantage of a loose player in different parts of the ground
That's where it's going to be more physical and more demanding.. and will take time to gel.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that Tony Lockett sitting near Selwood? Only got a quick glimpse.......if it was he has lost that skeleton look thank goodness.

...I'm enjoying the way it's played, none of the pack scrimmages when going for the ball, fast flowing, no stopping and starting etc....almost looks like how the game was played 20+ years ago.

irs has been great this year, im into this contest. Love how fast it keeps moving. It became really trendy to hate it, naysayers are still trying to say its rubbish but they have sort of got it wrong.. trophy means nothing, but the skill on display and actually game is fun.

Really enjoyed both games .
Great concept and they all seemed to enjoy the comradeship .
Great to see so many of the top players out there too.
Hopefully Fyfe stays fit , because he really is a joy to watch .
Zorko had the best two weeks of his life , good on him !!!
Chad Wingard is still unlikable even when he is playing for Australia .

Really enjoyed that game, super competitive and have to agree with BRAB Fyfe looks awesome, fully recovered from that horror injury he'll give Dusty and Danger a real nudge for the best player in the game rating.

The Aussie players really look like they genuinely enjoy each others company, it must be a real highlight for them to play with fellow elite players. It was a great decision by the AFL to make selection in the team only open to All Australians.

I'm not up on all the rules but what is it that makes it that there are hardly any packs/scrimmages forming, surely we could transfer that to the AFL somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back