Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey mate, the ranking by type is something I might do later in the season. I actually planned to do that last season but just ran out of time.

With Nichols, that tall timber of Welsh, Nichols, Schubert and Rosenzweig is looking like a real serious point of difference for SA heading into the champs. They're all aerial threats, mobile and can hit the scoreboard. Without having access to footage of the SANFL u18's I havent made any videos for them yet but as soon as they start to pop off at the champs you can be sure that I'll jump on it. They play their first game this weekend!

Thks.

Oskar Smartt was a hot name in MSD conversations after this performance in the VFL for Essendon. Things have cooled off a little for him since then with some quieter performances, but he's still in with a good shot of ending up on an AFL list next week.

Last edited:
Hey mate, the ranking by type is something I might do later in the season. I actually planned to do that last season but just ran out of time.

With Nichols, that tall timber of Welsh, Nichols, Schubert and Rosenzweig is looking like a real serious point of difference for SA heading into the champs. They're all aerial threats, mobile and can hit the scoreboard. Without having access to footage of the SANFL u18's I havent made any videos for them yet but as soon as they start to pop off at the champs you can be sure that I'll jump on it. They play their first game this weekend!
You've missed one mate, Charlie West could potentially be the best of all the SA talls on what I;ve seen since U16's, hopefully he gets a crack up forward at the Nationals though Bamford seems to be favouring Rosenzweig and Nicholls as their tall timber. IMO West is a better contested mark than the others.

You've missed one mate, Charlie West could potentially be the best of all the SA talls on what I;ve seen since U16's, hopefully he gets a crack up forward at the Nationals though Bamford seems to be favouring Rosenzweig and Nicholls as their tall timber. IMO West is a better contested mark than the others.

Good looking out! I'll keep a close eye on him.

I'm about to start writing up my pre-champs video script and sorely tempted to put SA as favourites over Metro. It would be a bit of a hipster pick I guess but I love what SA has this year.

Jasper Scaife is another who emerged in the MSD conversation early due to a hot start in the WAFL for West Perth. His form has tapered off since then, but he has enough interesting attributes to remain a chance of getting on an AFL list next week.

Kershaw's name has emerged in recent days as a MSD target for a couple of clubs including Essendon. Liam is a 194cm rangy winger who takes marks, uses the ball well by foot and works back hard to help out his defense. He doesnt turn 19 until October suggesting plenty of upside and physical growth is still on the cards.

Here I give my thoughts on how things are shaping up in this years AFL National Draft. I cover:

• High level thoughts on the pool (depth, strength and composition)
  • My top 20 prospects pre-champs
  • Predictions for the champs series and some players to look out for

Trying something new here so thanks for watching and I hope its a worthwhile exercise.

Last edited:
Here I give my thoughts on how things are shaping up in the years AFL National Draft. I cover:

• High level thoughts on the pool (depth, strength and composition)
  • My top 20 prospects pre-champs
  • Predictions for the champs series and some players to look out for

Trying something new here so thanks for watching and I hope its a worthwhile exercise.

Great video. Sums up what I’ve thought of this years draft class as well.

He speaks.

And it's nice and low.

I suppose a low voice talking about a deep crop (but not a star studded batch of names) is fitting.

Ready for more Noobs. (Also ready to watch Dyson Sharp strut his stuff.)

He speaks.

And it's nice and low.

I suppose a low voice talking about a deep crop (but not a star studded batch of names) is fitting.

Ready for more Noobs. (Also ready to watch Dyson Sharp strut his stuff.)
I'm coming off a flu so probably deeper and raspier than usual. Next video I'll probably sound like I've been huffing helium.

Lombard was the standout player in the first game of this seasons Champs. He played his usual dominating inside and outside game with pace, power and agility that his opponents struggled to deal with. My favourite part of Leo's game is his absolute mastery of the Robert Harvey hands on knees "oh man I'm so exhausted" then when his opponent drops his guard BANG he's off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sid was solid but not spectacular in his first champs outing for 2024. My guess is that he's still searching for match fitness and form after his long injury layoff - he had a strong opening half before fading out of the game and there was a lot of hands on head or knees sucking in the big ones in the second half. His defensive efforts in particular we poor at times.

Another solid performance from one of SA's deep contingent of midfielders. Hargrave is coming off a promising bottom age campaign where he was named MVP of the SANFL U18s competition. He's tough and strong in the contest as well as tidy and clever with his disposal.

A big return to form this week for Smillie, racking up the disposals and kicking a couple of goals to help his Eastern Ranges overcome a Pioneers team that they found tough to crack on the day.

What a crazy performance from Jagga, 50 disposals! Whenever someone racks up a ton of the footy there will always be scepticism about how effective they were, and there were some junk possessions in here for sure as Jagga can struggle to hit targets when under pressure. But largely his use was tidy by hand and foot, and more importantly he was a massive influence in the 4th quarter when his Chargers team mounted a huge comeback kicking goal after goal with Jagga involved in almost every scoring chain.

Apologies for the lack of sound, the broadcast had none for some reason.

Howes seems likely to be taken in the upcoming mid season draft by a team looking to bolster their key position stocks. He played in the opening champs game on the weekend and showed some of his talent, although his marking was a little off on the day.

Another big bag of 6 goals for the leading goal scorer in the Talent League Will "Don't Call Me Gil" McLachlan. Quick and surprisingly strong for his size, clever when using his body to protect dangerous space and then swoop on a loose ball. Super clean when collecting a difficult ground ball and has a bit of magic in his boots. Dangerous anywhere inside 50 and from any angle.

Dashing defender Luke Beecken is a strong chance to have his name called out tonight at the mid season draft. Pace to burn and an excellent, penetrating and creative left foot kick are both attributes tailor made for the modern game.

A dominant WAFL ruckman for reigning premier East Fremantle, it seems as though Brynn Teakle might be poised to be added to an AFL list in the upcoming mid season draft. More than a typical lumbering dinosaur ruck, Teakle can follow up on the ground post tap and do damage on the spread.

Smit is a very raw project ruckman that's just been drafted by Collingwood in the mid season draft. He has some interesting attributes and competes hard. Here we see him winning a game for the Eastern Ranges.

Kentfield is a key forward that's just been picked up by Melbourne the mid season draft. Young and raw, he moves well for a player his size, can take a nice grab and is an accurate set shot at goal.

We have to start talking about Lombard as a legit top 5 pick if not a pick 1 contender. No player has been better performed this season than Leo, no player is more dangerous and damaging with ball in hand. He setup as more of an outside receiver in this game on the attacking side of the contest and consistently found space for linking chains, either setting up his teammates or finishing himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back