Club Focus North Melbourne 2020 - Corr, Bosenavulagi, Stephenson, Young, Phillips, Powell, Lazaro, Spicer, Ford

AFL Club Focus

Do they need a priority pick in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Maybe next year

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne club thread

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

This version is purely based on footywire data. It cannot be manually updated.

The AFL would have to be more inclined to put in administrators rather than picks at this point. North need more than just a list rebuild.

This off-season has just been a cluster f....

Maybe this is the catalyst to get them to Tassie.

This year? No chance. Zero. None. And frankly it's laughable to suggest otherwise.

Let's see how they go in 2021 but I'd say there's a similarly low chance for the end of next season.

Why.

They get handed out to other clubs in similar circumstances.

Agree this year is a year too early, but we've seen worse done.

The AFL would have to be more inclined to put in administrators rather than picks at this point. North need more than just a list rebuild.

This off-season has just been a cluster f....

Maybe this is the catalyst to get them to Tassie.

This is about onfield performance only, not our debt free profit making off field work.

Do they?

Name them.

Your OP seems to indicate you don't agree.

Hawthorn, Carlton x 2, Melbourne, Bulldogs.

I think we deserve one this year - end of first - but I acknowledge this year is unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane qualified for an end of first round compensation pick at the end of 2016.

Apparently the decision took into account 14 wins over the previous 3 seasons, 3 wins in 2016 with an average losing margin on 60 points (and only winning 17 quarters, eight less than Essendon who were missing their ASADA players), previous three finishing positions of 15th, 17th and 17th, and no finals appearance for 7 years (and two for the previous 12 years).

I reckon North are about two years away from that.

Edited it.

So the most recent example you have is from over 10 years ago, when the rules for obtaining a priority pick were completely different to what they are now.

I thought you said similar circumstances?

In the space of 45 minutes you've gone from North deserve a priority pick, to it's too early this year, and then back to North deserving one. You're a bit all over the place.

It's been one year of being a complete rabble on field, by this logic Sydney and Adelaide should also get Priority Picks

2020 ... 17th

2019 ... 12th

2018 ... 9th

2017 ... 15th

These are the kind of numbers that generate assistance.

So the most recent example you have is from over 10 years ago, when the rules for obtaining a priority pick were completely different to what they are now.

I thought you said similar circumstances?

In the space of 45 minutes you've gone from North deserve a priority pick, to it's too early this year, and then back to North deserving one. You're a bit all over the place.

As are the rules, as you acknowledge.

The rules have changed many times.

And as the rules stand, picks are given at the discretion of the Commission.

So there's nothing stopping one being given this year.

This is obviously a troll thread. The team didn’t even finish on the bottom FFS.

The only thing stopping us finishing bottom is the fact we beat the bottom side.

If we'd played Adelaide later in the year they would have beaten us and we'd bottom.

2020 ... 17th

2019 ... 12th

2018 ... 9th

2017 ... 15th

These are numbers that warrant the assistance given to other clubs.

2020 ... 17th

2019 ... 12th

2018 ... 9th

2017 ... 15th

These are the kind of numbers that generate assistance.
or alternatively;

2019: 18th
2018: 17th
2017: 17th
2016: 15th

3 years in a row bottom 2 is much more of a dire situation than 4 years not making finals

Back