Club Focus North Melbourne 2023 - end of 1st round priority picks, extra rookie spots

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Priority picks have to end. It makes an even bigger mockery of the comp. It’s essentially an AFL ego trip akin to Oliver twist. It papers over the cracks of a totally flawed and skewed system. Those issues around no salary cap trading, FA going to power clubs and costing nothing, bullshit smoke and shadows behind the windows compo and the draft providing limited advantage to the shite clubs over the top clubs are what need addressing if they are at all serious. But we know they are not. So as fans we have to endure this absolute nonsense which as a direct result has spawned burgeoning careers in “journalism” for some people only just crawling out from the evolutionary swamp.
Oh back on topic…north you suck!😉

Priority picks have to end. It makes an even bigger mockery of the comp. It’s essentially an AFL ego trip akin to Oliver twist. It papers over the cracks of a totally flawed and skewed system. Those issues around no salary cap trading, FA going to power clubs and costing nothing, bullshit smoke and shadows behind the windows compo and the draft providing limited advantage to the shite clubs over the top clubs are what need addressing if they are at all serious. But we know they are not. So as fans we have to endure this absolute nonsense which as a direct result has spawned burgeoning careers in “journalism” for some people only just crawling out from the evolutionary swamp.
Oh back on topic…north you suck!😉

If you think it's bad right now imagine the years of assistance Tassie will get to help them off the ground.

Poor Jacob Edwards, didn't even get a Shinboner number!
Would have been a slap in the face to all the supporters if he did.
Nowhere near it.
The 2020 and 2021 drafts are going to have question marks over them for years because of Covid lockdowns.

I think if bulldogs get pick 4 North trade for pick 10.
I think Stephens,2024r2 for 2024pick 20 will be another trade with Swans.

Interested to see what the roos do now.

Obviously they need to trade those future picks but I think they should take their four picks to the draft.

They should look to stockpile KPPS and Rucks with 14, 19 and hopefully a pick 20 McKay compo pick.

2 (and maybe 3) should be bpa.

They will have an enviable hand that's for sure.

But they are conditional upon still being needed. So if they rocket up the table they won't get them.

So my point stands.
They wont be there next year. They will be already used. No North supporter wants to be on the bottom next year. Enough is enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wont be there next year. They will be already used. No North supporter wants to be on the bottom next year. Enough is enough
And if north finish bottom next year do they ask for more priority picks

Yes god it’s obvious they are meant to be traded the AFL probably explicitly told them. If North didn’t they would be Craig Cameron levels of stupid. Will land them Dylan Stephens and be used to engineer Ryley Sanders. It is so f#%%ing corrupt by the AFL they knew they couldn’t give North sanders, so they came up with a way to do it that isn’t obviously corrupt to those who only pay superficial attention which is most of the footy public. And McKay will get band 1 compo regardless of the offer.
The AFL are tired of North being both poor and irrelevant and they operate now by determining outcomes they want and then manipulate the processes to achieve it. Gillon McLachlan is pure slime.

And if north finish bottom next year do they ask for more priority picks
That’s the precedent. And eagles. And hawks. And bombers.
Give It To Me Yes GIF by Achievement Hunter

And at least 6 more will be added, so you'll be +1.

Unlikely. I think we will package picks and move up the draft. The two end of first round picks for 2024 will 100% be gone. We may also use picks on players. We are going to be active, so no one has any idea what the outcome will be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You are in trouble if you are banking on Stephen’s and Fisher getting you off the bottom.

When did I say I was banking on them doing that? They add a bit of experience, which was my point. The players to get us off the bottom are already on our list. Players like Fisher and Stephens will add to our depth and play a role in us being better. The list will continue to get better and we will fill holes with recruiting along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interested to see what the roos do now.

Obviously they need to trade those future picks but I think they should take their four picks to the draft.

They should look to stockpile KPPS and Rucks with 14, 19 and hopefully a pick 20 McKay compo pick.

2 (and maybe 3) should be bpa.

They will have an enviable hand that's for sure.
Loads of KPP's and rucks will be available between picks 8-25 including:

• Nate Caddy
  • Connor O'Sullivan
  • Jordan Croft (if he doesn't nominate)
  • Ollie Murphy
  • Archer Reid
  • Arie Shoenmakers
  • Will Green
  • Mitch Edwards

I hope North take McKercher and Curtin with picks 2&3. Then use picks 14, 19, F2 and 2x F1 PP's to get as many picks in the teens as possible. If we can take three of the above players then we will fill significant list needs at least on paper.

Loads of KPP's and rucks will be available between picks 8-25 including:

• Nate Caddy
  • Connor O'Sullivan
  • Jordan Croft (if he doesn't nominate)
  • Ollie Murphy
  • Archer Reid
  • Arie Shoenmakers
  • Will Green
  • Mitch Edwards

I hope North take McKercher and Curtin with picks 2&3. Then use picks 14, 19, F2 and 2x F1 PP's to get as many picks in the teens as possible. If we can take three of the above players then we will fill significant list needs at least on paper.
Don't forget ZZ. After the combine he will be right there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back