AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2023 [GF: North vs Brisbane @ Ikon Park, Sunday 3 December @ 2:30pm - NM 27 - 44 BL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Katie Lynch 23 years old from dogs former all aus CHB is considering moving. GC trying to get her amongst others

Would be the perfect final piece for us

We should be looking to trade our first rounder this year

Then get the 2 Tassie academy girls Brooke Barwick and Georgia Clark to nominate just us so we get exclusive rights to them next month at the draft

Apparently Katie Lynch 23 years old from dogs former all aus CHB is considering moving. GC trying to get her amongst others

That would be insanely dumb. Putrid kick of the football, and has gotten extremely lazy and unfit. GC, the land of rejects, being the only interested club (there is no "amongst others") should be the first clue.

That would be insanely dumb. Putrid kick of the football, and has gotten extremely lazy and unfit. GC, the land of rejects, being the only interested club (there is no "amongst others") should be the first clue.
I’m not getting her to come in and be a designated kicker

Just intercept mark/ negate the second KPF and handball off to the runners and if needed kick long to a contest

And reported several clubs after her

Just intercept mark/ negate the second KPF and handball off to the runners and if needed kick long to a contest

You must've read a different article. I read she "had been exploring her options but it's understood the Suns have since emerged as a frontrunner for her services". Which is management speak for: nobody else is interested.

Try watching her play for maybe five minutes. She's too scared to do anything with the ball other than a 15m sideways kick. The idea that you wouldn't spend every week on here trashing her ball use, if she was at NM, rings false.

Then get the 2 Tassie academy girls Brooke Barwick and Georgia Clark to nominate just us so we get exclusive rights to them next month at the draft

SO basically, reconfigure the best defense in the AFLW and play a different game style coming out of the back half just to appease your pathological hatred of one player?

SO basically, reconfigure the best defense in the AFLW and play a different game style coming out of the back half just to appease your pathological hatred of one player?
Snap.

Reconfigure?
You mean upgrade for the long term and now

Ones an all aus CHB and only 23 the other isn’t

Perhaps your contempt for one player has blinded you to the fact that our back half sets up in a zone style that does not specify that Defender A plays on Opponent B for the entire game.

Reconfigure?
You mean upgrade for the long term and now

Ones an all aus CHB and only 23 the other isn’t
Let’s tear apart the league leading defensive unit just to appease a looney tune with an irrational hatred for one player. Seems like a brilliant idea to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main North parts of the article:

The links may be dizzying but the impact of Irish players on the AFLW is clear.

Cork’s Erika O’Shea, 21 games into her AFLW career at North Melbourne, says the performances of the Irish influx have established a collective identity.

“All the girls in my team always say the speed and aggression, the will to win, this competitiveness,” she says. “They love that, and I think that’s what we bring to the game.”

Mike Currane, an Ireland-based talent identifier and intermediary between AFL clubs and Gaelic talent, says the players who came in last year – including O’Shea and former Kangaroos’ teammate Vikki Ward – showed that their skills could offer clubs immediate returns.

Rather than long-term projects, new arrivals proved to be ready-made AFLW players. “Because all those players made such an instant impact, more and more of the clubs realised that the Irish players had a huge plus side,” Currane says.

Martin – one of four Tipperary players still in finals – joined the Kangaroos this year and had an abbreviated pre-season but forced her way into the side in round seven.

“I was just training away, getting to know the game and the vocab that goes along with it,” she says. “We kind of kick around our body so it was hard to get kicking straight on, but I spent lots of time kicking with senior coach Crock [Darren Crocker].

“But now he’s letting me go back to my instincts, to try and get the right balance between the Aussie style and the Gaelic football style.”

Let’s tear apart the league leading defensive unit just to appease a looney tune with an irrational hatred for one player. Seems like a brilliant idea to me.
*Bringing in a 23 year old all aus CHB

Who can be there long term for sustained success

Think bigger picture I know it’s hard for you

*Bringing in a 23 year old all aus CHB

Who can be there long term for sustained success

Think bigger picture I know it’s hard for you
I don't see her as an upgrade to Wright, who you would think has at least another 3 or 4 years of good football left, I think we could do just as well drafting a 18 year old who has gone through the junior ranks since they were 8 or 9 and has a more complete set of skills than players drafted 6 or 7 years ago.

Also, if Lynch leaves the Dogs, it will be to her third club, so she doesn't appear very loyal.

Yeah no one needs 23 year old all aus players…
Not if she doesn’t fit into the team structure, we don’t.

I’m pretty sure the people in charge will do their due diligence and if they believe Lynch or any other available player can work within our structure they will make the necessary inquiries. They would be remiss not too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back