AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2023 [GF: North vs Brisbane @ Ikon Park, Sunday 3 December @ 2:30pm - NM 27 - 44 BL]

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Brendon Gale on the committee for the advancement of Womens football when he wouldnt allow the Semi Final to be played at a bigger venue to allow more AFLW fans to celebrate the match?

I dont have any stats on this but I would bet that our centre square clearances are higher when King attends cbas.

I can see her pushing forward after cbas with perhaps Rennie playing the kick behind the play and taking ruck contests in the back half.
I was talking about Randall being better up forward, but I agree with you on King being better at cba's.

We win the territorial battle but we need to convert this dominance. Having extra options up forward helps us achieve this end.

I dont mind Randall dropping behind the ball at crucial times in game ala Daisy Pearce.
I think we have enough forward to be able to let Randall go back to defence until Shierlaw retires

HF: O’loughlin King
F: Eddy Shierlaw Wall

Rennie rucking and rotating with King

and then granville coming off the bench as a small forward rotation

Last edited:

Neither of those are KPD

You want height to replace brown like Randall

B: Ferguson Kearney
HB: O’Shea Randall Pullar
You do realize that Randall is 10cms shorter than Brown and around the same height as both Pullar and Shannon.

1680160679940.png 1680160713768.png 1680160759274.png 1680160855963.png

If you really want height down back, then you don't move Randall down back, you move Shierlaw who is a fraction taller than Brown and just as mobile and is also a strong mark.
1680161176523.png

Personally, I don't see the point of moving Randall down back, you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Randall, Shierlaw and King with O'Loughlin, Eddey and Wall at their feet would be a formidable forward set up and cause headaches for all teams, including Melbourne.

But I will leave it up the Crocks and the coaching staff, they have another 5/6 months to work it all out.

She plays tall due to her jump but no I didn’t know that she is that much smaller
And it's her leap that makes her better suited to the forward line where she can go for her marks and if she drops it, we have the smalls to take advantage.

I'm happy to try Pullar and Shannon and may be Shierlaw down back before moving Randall. It would be nice if Randall could improve her goalkicking, may be she could spend some time with Larks. :)

I watched a bit of the VFLW game on the weekend and was quite impressed by Cassidy Mailer. According to the stats she isn’t particularly tall but she was still able to take a couple of very good contested marks. She seems to have the ability to take the ball at it’s highest point and she looks like she’d be hard to shift once she gets to the drop of the ball.

Looking forward to see how she goes in the VFL because she could become a decent option for us in defence sometime down the track.

Randall is 173cm?

That can't be right?
I think it would shock a lot of North fans to find out she is that short, because as tZ said she plays tall, she has an amazing leap on her that gives her the ability to climb over most 6ft players. The Phil "Snake" Baker of the AFLW. :)

I think it would shock a lot of North fans to find out she is that short, because as tZ said she plays tall, she has an amazing leap on her that gives her the ability to climb over most 6ft players. The Phil "Snake" Baker of the AFLW. :)

She looks tall though?! I thought she was near Emma King size. This was a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chloe Molloy was listed as 161cm for like 5 years. Breann Moody still down as only 180cm.

Here's one I prepared earlier:

nmaflwhgts2021.JPG

Even though they aren't standing in a perfectly uniform manner, it's obvious that the heights listed are highly dubious (or just plainly incorrect, in the case of Tahlia Randall).

I'm so glad that Crocker has made this coaching role his own and gotten these results after basically being a fill in when we couldn't afford our coach anymore.

Chloe Molloy was listed as 161cm for like 5 years. Breann Moody still down as only 180cm.

Here's one I prepared earlier:

View attachment 1645038

Even though they aren't standing in a perfectly uniform manner, it's obvious that the heights listed are highly dubious (or just plainly incorrect, in the case of Tahlia Randall).

You're a legend that's a great sample. She's gotta be in the 178-180cm range based on that.

Someone has reverse-Boomered her height on the profile.

You do realize that Randall is 10cms shorter than Brown and around the same height as both Pullar and Shannon.

View attachment 1644346View attachment 1644348View attachment 1644350View attachment 1644352

If you really want height down back, then you don't move Randall down back, you move Shierlaw who is a fraction taller than Brown and just as mobile and is also a strong mark.
View attachment 1644365

Personally, I don't see the point of moving Randall down back, you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Randall, Shierlaw and King with O'Loughlin, Eddey and Wall at their feet would be a formidable forward set up and cause headaches for all teams, including Melbourne.

But I will leave it up the Crocks and the coaching staff, they have another 5/6 months to work it all out.
But they only play 5 in the forward line in AFLW. 3 talls on the ground at once isn't really viable especially if one of them is as immobile as King

Remove this Banner Ad

Back