Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Bernie Quinlan ever known as Superboot during his time at Footscray, or did he only acquire that nickname at Fitzroy?

I can remember him playing for us. I have a recollection of my dad telling me he was called Superboot not long after I started following the dogs. I'm not at all certain but believe he was always known as Superboot.

Good read, thanks for sharing.

The reference used for player positions threw up a few interesting ones. Lin Jong as a forward, JJ and Bailey Williams as outside midfielders and Zaine Cordy as a defensive midfielder!
Bookmarking to read that later, that looks really interesting.

Good read, thanks for sharing.

The reference used for player positions threw up a few interesting ones. Lin Jong as a forward, JJ and Bailey Williams as outside midfielders and Zaine Cordy as a defensive midfielder!
If you look at the categories they've got there, it isn't that surprising. There's no "attacking" or "rebounding" defender- only general defender. The rebounding role that JJ and Williams play is far more similar to an outside midfielder than a defensive player. Similarly, there's no "defensive" forward for Zaine, so defensive mid is the closest thing to his role. As for Jong, he actually spent quite a lot of time forward, and his tendency to take contested marks and kick goals probably fits the forward mould pretty well.

Remember in 82 i think it was when we had lost about 10 in a row and the hawks had won about the same and we beat them out at the Western Oval on a windy day where I think we kicked about 7 in the last to run over them, almost made up for those losses!!
I went to that game with a bunch of kids and a few dads. We sat behind the Hawthorn interchange bench. And big Dippa wasn't getting much of a run that day and spoke to us kids all arvo and we thought he was the best and followed his career after that. What a great win in a terrible year.

Remember in 82 i think it was when we had lost about 10 in a row and the hawks had won about the same and we beat them out at the Western Oval on a windy day where I think we kicked about 7 in the last to run over them, almost made up for those losses!!

IIRC, Dogs won by about 9 points and Stan "the man" Davison ko'd Lethal.

Was a sight to behold, watching Matthews wander around in a fog for a quarter or so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Was born in 83.
My son was born after the 2015 footy season ready for his first season in 2016.

It's official, I am the saviour.
Nice work! But I reckon it was a team effort......

I was born in 54
My daughter was born in 83 - the end of our horror run
My first son was born in 85 - we missed making the GF by 10 points after a brill year
My youngest son was born in 89 - we saved the club from disappearing
My second grandson was born in 2016........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back