NRL NRL 2024 - Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 4th April
Melbourne vs Brisbane (AAMI Park - 20:00)

Friday 5th April
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Sydney Roosters (Accor Stadium - 18:00)
Newcastle vs St.George-Illawarra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 6th April
South Sydney vs New Zealand (Accor Stadium - 15:00)
Manly-Warringah vs Penrith (4 Pines Park - 17:30)
Dolphins vs Wests Tigers (Suncorp Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 7th April
North Queensland vs Gold Coast (Queensland Country Bank Stadium - 16:05)
Canberra vs Parramatta (GIO Stadium - 18:15)

Bye:
Cronulla-Sutherland

The Warriors play a simple but effective game-plan; good kicking game and chase, solid forward effort. And they have enough finesse to put on scores when they get to the red zone. Souths, on the other hand, look like they met in the car-park. The contrast between the coaches looks unavoidable.

They probably did.

Stealing cars, of course.

The Warriors play a simple but effective game-plan; good kicking game and chase, solid forward effort. And they have enough finesse to put on scores when they get to the red zone. Souths, on the other hand, look like they met in the car-park. The contrast between the coaches looks unavoidable.

We're so much better when Egan plays.

Has anyone else seen the Lachlan Ilias injury? Talk of a lengthy suspension for Lussick which I hope the Warriors fight like crazy. Horrid injury, but a freak accident all the same.
Bit torn on that one. Was a bang bang play but he's absolutely obliterated the leg of a kicker which is a huge no (and rightfully so).

Needed to be trying to tackle/attack the body more for me.

Bit torn on that one. Was a bang bang play but he's absolutely obliterated the leg of a kicker which is a huge no (and rightfully so).

Needed to be trying to tackle/attack the body more for me.

Outlaw charge-downs?

Still think it was just accidental, but won't be surprised if they suspend on injury rather than intent.

Outlaw charge-downs?

Still think it was just accidental, but won't be surprised if they suspend on injury rather than intent.
I think it’s fair, you’ve gotta make a decision before you get there about whether you’re making the ball or not.

Harsh but it’s super dangerous as we saw.

On the rabbitohs, how did dropping Cook go last time?

Demetriou is absolutely clueless

I think it’s fair, you’ve gotta make a decision before you get there about whether you’re making the ball or not.

Harsh but it’s super dangerous as we saw.

I thought he and the ball were there at the same time and if anything he was laboured in getting his kick away in time.

On the rabbitohs, how did dropping Cook go last time?

Demetriou is absolutely clueless

Huge call. They're in big trouble.

I thought he and the ball were there at the same time and if anything he was laboured in getting his kick away in time.

Huge call. They're in big trouble.
Well he didn’t get the ball. Probably becomes a bit like the bump. If you do it and injure you’re gonna be in strife.

I don’t love it but I don’t wanna see injuries so, yeh not too sure.

They already tried dropping cook too and it was a total failure, the bloke the started over him had two forward passes from dummy half and they brought cook off the bench 15 minutes in.

They’re genuinely all out of ideas with no reinforcements. Moving Wighton to the 6 and shuffling the wings/backs would have made sense this makes none.

I waited until today to post about that because I was steaming like a f**ing kettle last night.

Firstly I have never been so embarrassed by either my afl or league team as I was for the first half hour last night.

That was pathetic.

1. The young send off. Had no problem with it being 10 in the bin and really I’d have no problem with it being a send off except most times this year or the last few years it won’t be. Yes it’s probably worth it but that’s generally not how it’s policed. If Mitchell can avoid a binning for sliding hip first into JAC’s head I don’t see why this should be a send off. Anyway I digress.

2. Radley’s binning was a joke. Soon it will turn into afl where if you tackle anyone from behind essentially it will be a penalty of some sort. I suspect Crichton may have exaggerated things a little too even though he’s one of my favourite non rooster players.

3. Manu should have had better ball security on that call with Burton but it was pretty blatant. How the referee didn’t call that I will never know.

There were a whole bunch of other things - a player was taken out on the inside during that run where Kikau knocked out Tedesco that I thought was illegal but maybe it wasn’t I don’t know. Forward passes missed. You could argue the Manu try may have been a double movement, I actually thought at first it was Crichton who pushed the ball onto the line but at second look maybe it wasn’t. We got some calls that were a bit more friendly at times in the second half. At any rate I am usually the first to pile the blame on our own ineptitude and for 30 minutes last night that’s all we deserved but some of that refereeing was even more inept.

1. Young was a send off... No doubt
2. Shocking 10 in the bin... Worst I've seen in a long time!

Connor Tracey was tackled so obviously without the ball and everyone seemed to miss it LMFAO... That should've been 10 in the bin or even a penalty try almost.

Ref had a shocker... Some baffling calls both ways however it was an entertaining game! If we lost I was prepared to break my 85 inch TV (So close towards the end to doing it hahaha).

Outlaw charge-downs?

Don't think they need to be outlawed but he's hit the kicking leg of the kicker - that cannot be allowed.

I don't disagree it's accidental but it should've been an attempt to tackle the kicker, rather than an attack on the ball. That probably needs to be where the change comes in.

Has there been a resolution to the case?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back