O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard that Raiders did a bit of building to get the 2 Willy guys. Let's just say what ever the profit was that's whats paying for them !!! :D

From all reports this is true but have heard both Wangs offered these guys alot more cash.

Also on the grape vine Raider close to signing the VFL leading goal kicker, anyone from the Raider camp inform us?

Jamie Allen to leave wang. Not sure were to though.

From all reports this is true but have heard both Wangs offered these guys alot more cash.

Also on the grape vine Raider close to signing the VFL leading goal kicker, anyone from the Raider camp inform us?

Jamie Allen to leave wang. Not sure were to though.

I thought he was playing in Darwin???:D
Probably better contacts at Wodonga Sea Raiders . The 2 guys must have had enough of Willy and maybe money wasn't the sealer.

Joel smith, Luke touli and rock Harry still playing in oven murrays league next year?

Not to sure if ther playing next year, havnt heard of Roc Harry so must be a spud but the other two in Smith and Toull you woud think so, I think they owe it to Yarra as they didnt have the best of years coming from there smaller ovals down in the EDFL. Smith has class with ball in hand but only got it 10-15 times when i saw him play, old age i spose.

And for Toull didnt like to much of what i seen from him either.

Any news on Recruiting for Yarra as they usually Recruit heavily from Melbourne.

Not to sure if ther playing next year, havnt heard of Roc Harry so must be a spud but the other two in Smith and Toull you woud think so, I think they owe it to Yarra as they didnt have the best of years coming from there smaller ovals down in the EDFL. Smith has class with ball in hand but only got it 10-15 times when i saw him play, old age i spose.

And for Toull didnt like to much of what i seen from him either.

Any news on Recruiting for Yarra as they usually Recruit heavily from Melbourne.
Roc Harry is a Rover, goes alright.

Looks like Wang Rovers are about to sign John Pratt, a hard working, hard at it on baller from Sturt, who may also take some talented players with him. Myrtleford have missed out on Brad Murray, who has signed at Blackburn in the Eastern FL and there could be a couple of big name pigeons leaving the nest and heading to the GV next year.

Looks like Wang Rovers are about to sign John Pratt, a hard working, hard at it on baller from Sturt, who may also take some talented players with him. Myrtleford have missed out on Brad Murray, who has signed at Blackburn in the Eastern FL and there could be a couple of big name pigeons leaving the nest and heading to the GV next year.

A former coach wouldn't be one of these players would it. Possibly to a club that has had a lot of recent success??

Rumours going around that Yarrawonga may well recruit the young Berrigan gun in Matt Gorman, whom has won the past 2 years League Best and Fairest in the Picola League.Still only about 20 years of age and good judges say he will not only step up to O and M level, but become a pivotal player for the pigeons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the player is paddy rose from port melbourne previously from willi 6'1 goal sneak

Goal sneak? The goal sneak won the VFL goal kicking ahead of fev yes the two teams were at opposite ends of the ladder this guy will be good to watch.

How are lavy fairing they'd keep there main group but any recruits with saker?

And we're are these north alb recruits old mate hoppers go go go was on about?

Goal sneak? The goal sneak won the VFL goal kicking ahead of fev yes the two teams were at opposite ends of the ladder this guy will be good to watch.

How are lavy fairing they'd keep there main group but any recruits with saker?

And we're are these north alb recruits old mate hoppers go go go was on about?

Apart from Cupido when was the last big name player to sign at north albury, as a hoppers fan it gets frustrating that they can only sign kids and not players who can tear games apart.. Maybe they should spend some money, that would help.

Apart from Cupido when was the last big name player to sign at north albury, as a hoppers fan it gets frustrating that they can only sign kids and not players who can tear games apart.. Maybe they should spend some money, that would help.

What is the F*#%ing point Wiz ?? If you're a supporter who likes seeing a big, game breaking recruit every year I suggest you become a turn coat and head down to the club closer to the river :thumbsu:
Honestly mate only Yarra and Lavy are any chance of even competing with Albury...and Lavy only just due to the head games Sanson was able to play with Albury.
Raiders are astounding me....and dont give me the "if you've got money spend it" line because I agree with it, but fair dinkum they are spending close to 100K on 7 players...and they pay their mid-range hacks massive 'overs' aswell. I'm all for a club building up and challenging for a flag but gee wiz after the 2012 season I can see the Raiders racing back to the bottom, only for the slow build to begin again.

Not only will the Tigers keep winning for another couple of years but they will push rival clubs to the wall in the process :thumbsu:

What is the F*#%ing point Wiz ?? If you're a supporter who likes seeing a big, game breaking recruit every year I suggest you become a turn coat and head down to the club closer to the river :thumbsu:
Honestly mate only Yarra and Lavy are any chance of even competing with Albury...and Lavy only just due to the head games Sanson was able to play with Albury.
Raiders are astounding me....and dont give me the "if you've got money spend it" line because I agree with it, but fair dinkum they are spending close to 100K on 7 players...and they pay their mid-range hacks massive 'overs' aswell. I'm all for a club building up and challenging for a flag but gee wiz after the 2012 season I can see the Raiders racing back to the bottom, only for the slow build to begin again.

Not only will the Tigers keep winning for another couple of years but they will push rival clubs to the wall in the process :thumbsu:
The Raiders are spending massive $$$ and will likely finish 3rd or 4th so what is the point if you can't win a flag? I know for a fact Corowa have $$$ to spend but aren't bothering to waste it when they know they aren't in the hunt year.

So I think the talk about the ovens and murray dropping in standard talk could probably stop now. With all these guys coming up from the VFL and SANFL the league should be very happy. The raiders are looking good, albury will be very good again but now their are real contenders. Must be a money tree growing down there but if they have it why not spend it.

The Raiders are spending massive $$$ and will likely finish 3rd or 4th so what is the point if you can't win a flag? I know for a fact Corowa have $$$ to spend but aren't bothering to waste it when they know they aren't in the hunt year.

Wow let's see this blow up in your face. Raiders Will finish higher than 4th or 3rd and gee cut them some slack your Probly the same person saying the league is crap and now raiders get some genuine stars and you rubbish them
For it. Looking forward to seeing the interleague Team. Good to see Wodonga and rovers recruit a few Good players. Unlucky for the saints loosing coombes and missing brad Murray. Things might be grim again down there.

Wow let's see this blow up in your face. Raiders Will finish higher than 4th or 3rd and gee cut them some slack your Probly the same person saying the league is crap and now raiders get some genuine stars and you rubbish them
For it. Looking forward to seeing the interleague Team. Good to see Wodonga and rovers recruit a few Good players. Unlucky for the saints loosing coombes and missing brad Murray. Things might be grim again down there.

Brothers M gorman and W gorman ex berriganboys too sign at yarra next week! great signing by the pidgeons! Massive loss for berrigans chances of back to back!

The $100k on 7 players obviously doesn't include the 3 boys from the VFL as they are on $120k between them alone.They haven't finished yet either as they have another very good player from the SANFL to announce shortly.As previously mentioned Lamberts last year so is all or nothing.
Read with interest in the paper the comparisons with Albury's recruiting blitz of 3 years ago.I beg to differ-Albury netted guys who have played 50 games and will play more than likely 100.Exactly what you are after.Couldn't enviseage these 3 boys in the Raiders colours in 2014 let alone play 100 games.Bit of a warning on the latest signing off the ground as well.
In regards to the Gorman boys-big step from Picola league to O&M,so maybe hose down expectations before you expect them to "tear the competition apart".

The $100k on 7 players obviously doesn't include the 3 boys from the VFL as they are on $120k between them alone.

Have heard are few figures but 120k is ridiculous :thumbsdown: I would think the 75k figure quoted is about right. Mind you, still a lot for three guys traveling and only signed for one year.

The big upside to this years recruiting is that Wodonga, Rovers, Corowa and Raiders have all added a few to give us some hope :rolleyes: of a more even comp!

The $100k on 7 players obviously doesn't include the 3 boys from the VFL as they are on $120k between them alone.

Have heard are few figures but 120k is ridiculous :thumbsdown: I would think the 75k figure quoted is about right. Mind you, still a lot for three guys traveling and only signed for one year.

The big upside to this years recruiting is that Wodonga, Rovers, Corowa and Raiders have all added a few to give us some hope :rolleyes: of a more even comp!

The new arrivals in the O & M has certainly got the interest in the league going again. Good on raiders for going and getting quality players. If you have the money to do it why not.
Just hope the players stick around for a few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back