Autopsy **** off Owen - Fremantle def. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
We can finally flick the bird to Owen and the bottom of the ladder.

Essendon were crap and made us look like world beaters but I think the boys played well, regardless. The young ones flashed in and out of the game, but all showed promise. I think this win was very important for morale. I hope we can bring it to Brissy next week. This is more important than getting the number one pick.

My highlights:
  • Our fans are fantastic. Standing O for Crowley, taking the opportunity to thank him for his service.
  • Collins reads the flight of the ball really well and uses his body well. Dawson Mk II. He'll be better for the experience.
  • Apeness crunching Goddard. Twice. He's a larger, more dangerous version of wrecking ball Ballas.
  • Pav playing well and turning back the clock.
  • Neale and his 41 disposals and crazy work rate. Please wrap him up.
  • Finally being able to sing the song, we needed that.
  • Barlow's heartfelt comments post game. Heart on his sleeve. It will break my heart if we push him out. I'd understand it, but it would still break my heart. :( (Did a great number on Zaharakis, though!)

Last edited:

Surely Blakley gets the rising star nod this week. Actually, I was really impressed with how well our youngsters were still going in the fourth quarter.

Weller is all class, Collins is a real find, Tucker had a few fumbles but didn't look out of his depth.

Please for the love of God sign Neale ASAP! Think of what he can do when Fyfe, Bennell and a class draft pick come into the midfield.

Great game - good to have a win.

Sam was solid, loved neale's game. Tabs keeps stepping up - love his contested grab in the first quarter.

All the young guns were solid to great tonight, but whoever had the idea to put Croz down back deserves a raise... biggest and quickest turn around in playing form I've ever seen

I like how Crozier backs his kicking from back there. He is much more attacking and clearly has license to kick into the corridor. He is an upgrade on Ibbo, with his marking and his attacking mindset.

Crowley wasn't just clapped off - it was a standing ovation. Classy of our supporters - made me teary again. Seriously love this club and the people who support it

Fremantle Legend. I don't know any Fremantle supporters who didn't have love for Ryan and the fans did the right thing by him tonight :thumbsu:

Great game - good to have a win.

Sam was solid, loved neale's game. Tabs keeps stepping up - love his contested grab in the first quarter.

All the young guns were solid to great tonight, but whoever had the idea to put Croz down back deserves a raise... biggest and quickest turn around in playing form I've ever seen

Khawaja? Went from fringe multiple times to arguably the most in form Aussie batsman of the summer.

Oh , but in AFL circles... yeah reasonable turn around. Actually oozes poise and class from defense. Not the worst experiment we've had.

Fremantle Legend. I don't know any Fremantle supporters who didn't have love for Ryan and the fans did the right thing by him tonight :thumbsu:
Thankfully our shitful season meant the Freagle quotient in the crowd was kept to a minimum, thereby avoiding Crowls being booed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I see Blakely the more I think we got the steal of that draft. The kid has poise and class beyond his years.
Crozier has finally arrived and found his spot. Some of his distribution of half back was top class
Barlow the tagger? Who woulda thunk it?

Congrats on your first win a very dominant display:thumbsu:,another brilliant performance by Lachie Neale & what a lovely gesture by the Freo crowd for Crowls didn't bag him once it seems simply 1st class:thumbsu:;).

Hard not like Crowls, perhaps we shoulda pinched him as he walked past.

Hard not like Crowls, perhaps we shoulda pinched him as he walked past.

Hehe nice one Sharky:thumbsu::D, I always liked Crowls still do wears his heart on his sleeve reminds me of an old fashioned hard nut old school footballer that you simply just love the way he goes about his footy;).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back