News Official Adelaide Crows 2017 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. But still a pointless game for us to play in those Hobart conditions. Would have benefited from another trip to Melbourne, even if it wasnt at the MCG. Plus its probably easier for our travelling supporters.
You are painting Hobart as some wet and wild and venue ?

Second driest capital city behind Adelaide... I've lived in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and now Hobart - and I'd take my chances on a random day that Hobart's weather would be perfect for footy.

When I said "for us" I meant those of us living elsewhere.

Fortunately I have Fox so I don't have to sit through watching channel seven. Also I see that both of our games against the QLD sides are up here so I know I can at least see two games live this year. :)

You are painting Hobart as some wet and wild and venue ?

Second driest capital city behind Adelaide... I've lived in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and now Hobart - and I'd take my chances on a random day that Hobart's weather would be perfect for footy.

I have never been. But last year I watched a game that was played in Tassie - I think Richmond played. Very ugly game.

But aren't you cairns acclimatize?

Well yes and when I come down to Adelaide now days the evenings are often a special kind of hell but they have scheduled the game for the best time of the year. I'd expect the temp to be about 23/20c from 7:30-10:00pm and pretty low humidity about 40% in July. The weather is the weather after all but in Darwin you can feel fairly confident.
IMG_6987.PNG

Would've liked at least one more Melbourne game...either North or Melb....but not too bad a draw. Only real concern for me is the number of night games, and the effect this will have on players towards the back-end of the season (usually heavier grounds, damp underfoot - although the grounds usually hold up quite well these days)...and the potential impact of % to our final position (would day games be better for scoring or is this really only my perception?)
If I were a footballer, I'd find it easier to score at night, when you're never looking into the sun. Anyone noticed how the Cathedral End is never the higher-scoring end during sunny games?

Counterbalancing the sun, however, is the dew. Also, in my opinion it rains more often at night in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were a footballer, I'd find it easier to score at night, when you're never looking into the sun. Anyone noticed how the Cathedral End is never the higher-scoring end during sunny games?

Counterbalancing the sun, however, is the dew. Also, in my opinion it rains more often at night in Adelaide.

I think that this is because the Clubs are generally closed during the day.

Any decent AFL footballer should be capable of scoring at any time, day or night :rolleyes:.

I havent read through the rest of this thread but is there anyone besides me that finds that

1)given the even-ness of the comp, lauded throughout the season, and shown by the ladder, that

2)there seems to be a frickin massive excess of primetime games given to the two grandfinalists??????

I mean they said they'd stop favouriting the big victorian clubs in the prime slots, so then last season and the one before they evened it up, got record crowds, but now it seems they've gone back to the "favour the few" model, though the favourited are different ones admittedly, their battler victorian club project and one of their two sydney love children. I'm sticking with my CFL acronym, corrupt football league.

Current win/loss streak against all teams
1 GCS WON 9
2 STK WON 6
3 BRIS WON 5
4 COLL WON 4
5 PORT WON 3
6 CAR WON 2
7 ESSE WON 2
8 FREO WON 2
9 MELB WON 2
10 NORTH WON 2
11 RICH WON 2
12 GWS WON 1
13 SYD LOST 1
14 WCE LOST 1
15 BULL LOST 1
16 GEEL LOST 4
17 HAW LOST 7
We've got two cracks at breaking those bottom two streaks.

Thanks to a trusted source :)

Having a game up at Noarlunga sucks. Should make it North Adelaide, Norwood or Glenelg.

Two trips to Melbourne, but at least we're not going from Perth to the Gold Coast like last pre-season. Still thought they'd of giving us 1 game in Perth just for logistical reasons.

Having a game up at Noarlunga sucks. Should make it North Adelaide, Norwood or Glenelg.

Two trips to Melbourne, but at least we're not going from Perth to the Gold Coast like last pre-season. Still thought they'd of giving us 1 game in Perth just for logistical reasons.
Hopefully it's Port doing all the travelling, they need all the practice for Shanghai ;)

I call bullshit

First two weeks is at suburban/regional areas with the last week at AFL grounds. Therefore the last two week's have the wrong venue at the very least.
I call bullshit on your bullshit.

Simonds Stadium, Aurora Stadium and Star Track Oval are all AFL venues and were all used in early rounds of 2016 NAB Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back