BigFooty Official Official BigFooty Phantom Draft - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Order

1. Adelaide - Elijah Hollands
2. North Melbourne - Riley Thilthorpe
3. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (matched bid)
4. Sydney - Logan McDonald
5. Hawthorn - Denver Grainger-Barras
6. Gold Coast - Will Phillips
7. Sydney - Braeden Campbell (matched bid)
8. Essendon - Archie Perkins
9. Essendon - Nikolas Cox
10. Essendon - Nathan O'Driscoll
11. Port Adelaide - Lachie Jones (matched bid)
12. Adelaide - Finlay Macrae
13. GWS - Tanner Bruhn
14. North Melbourne - Zac Reid
15. Fremantle - Heath Chapman
16. Collingwood - Reef McInnes (matched bid)
17. GWS - Oliver Henry
18. GWS - Jack Carroll
19. Collingwood - Eddie Ford
20. Richmond - Brayden Cook
21. Melbourne - Zavier Maher
22. Melbourne - Blake Coleman (unmatched bid)
23. GWS - Errol Gulden (unmatched bid)
24. St Kilda - Sam Berry

25. Adelaide - Caleb Poulter
26. Adelaide - Tom Powell
27. Hawthorn - Jackson Callow
28. Brisbane - Max Heath
29. Gold Coast - Alex Davies (pre-listed selection)
30. Melbourne - Fraser Rosman
31. Fremantle - Brandon Walker (matched bid)
32. GWS - Tom Highmore
33. North Melbourne - Joel Western (unmatched bid)
34. Carlton - Bailey Laurie
35. Richmond - Jack Ginnivan
36. Carlton - Brodie Lake
37. North Melbourne - Oliver Davis
38. Adelaide - Kaine Baldwin

39. Essendon - Liam McMahon
40. Hawthorn - Luke Edwards
41. Hawthorn - Zane Trew
42. Sydney - Shannon Neale
43. Hawthorn - Connor Downie
44. Western Bulldogs - Isiah Winder
45. Geelong - Kalin Lane
46. Brisbane - Jake Bowey
47. Western Bulldogs - Corey Durdin
48. Fremantle - Liam Kolar
49. Fremantle - Finn Gorringe
50. Brisbane - Conor Stone
51. Port Adelaide - Zac Dumesny
52. Richmond - Josh Treacy

53. West Coast - Luke Pedlar
54. Richmond - Maurice Rioli Jnr (matched bid)
55. St Kilda - Jackson Cardillo
56. Essendon - Cody Brand (matched bid)
57. Collingwood - Tariek Newchurch
58. St Kilda - Max Pescud
59. Collingwood - Ollie Lord
60. Sydney - James Borlase
61. Collingwood - Ryan Angwin
62. North Melbourne - Malachy Carruthers
63. Port Adelaide - Phoenix Spicer
64. Gold Coast - Joel Jeffrey (pre-listed selection)
65. Carlton - Charlie Lazzaro
66. West Coast - Max Holmes
67. Geelong - Cam Fleeton

Preseason Draft

1. Adelaide - Jackson Hately

Rookie Draft

1. Adelaide - Henry Smith
2. North Melbourne - Seamus Mitchell
3. Sydney - Dominic Bedendo
4. Hawthorn - Jackson Ramsay
5. Gold Coast - Rhys Nicholls
6. Essendon - Josh Eyre
7. Fremantle - Hugh Dixon
8. Carlton - Riley Holder
9. GWS - Nick Stevens
10. Melbourne - Callum Park
11. Western Bulldogs - Ewan MacPherson
12. West Coast - Jack Avery
13. Collingwood - Taj Schofield
14. St Kilda - Connor Ballenden
15. Brisbane - Carter Michael
16. Port Adelaide - Matthew Allison
17. Geelong - Patrick Walker
18. Richmond - Campbell Edwardes

Last edited:
Except that it's not pick 53 ... it gets taken off your first pick next year and potentially drops it down the order (like Freo this year). I don't disagree with you - with Campbell bid late I would think Swans would match Gulden at that point - but I'm offering a rationale as to why someone might choose not to.
A points value to the equivalent of pick 53 gets taken away from us. Which means we probably end up going back one or two picks. It isn't a significant deficit.

Last edited:
I think Sydney have other list needs that adding gulden at 23. Gulden plays his best in the midfield, not as a forward. Does he have the size/ athleticism needed to make it in the afl as a midfielder, I’m not so sure. Pick 42 should push in further if a few more players get bid on and I’m confident there’ll be a few gems available at that selection and also at the pick in the 50s.
Fair enough if you don't rate him to be able to make it at AFL level. Is there a point where you would have matched for him, or you just weren't really considering him?

and moving Archie Smith and Connor Ballenden to the rookie list

So that's what happened to Connor.

Fair enough if you don't rate him to be able to make it at AFL level. Is there a point where you would have matched for him, or you just weren't really considering him?
I’m not saying he won’t make it at afl level, just it’s going to be harder as he’ll start as a forward and that’s not where he plays his best footy. Small players that lack speed often find it hard at afl level, obviously there is always exceptions but generally more don’t make it than those that do. I decided I wasn’t going to match anything under 25.

So that's what happened to Connor.
Was delisted today, with a year to go on his contract, with a promise to rookie draft him, along with Mathieson and Birchall.

He just lacks the physicality and aggression needed to play KPF and ruck. So easily pushed out of every and any contest, and barely offers resistance.

Bang, bang, bang, bang.

Thunderstruck just retooled the Adelaide midfield for the next decade.

Elijah Hollands
Finlay Macrae
Caleb Poulter
Tom Powell.

Well done a nice blend of inside / outside mids, with some raw grunt and some exquisite skills in the respective players, a very good mix. :thumbsu:

Bang, bang, bang, bang.

Elijah Hollands
Finlay Macrae
Caleb Poulter
Tom Powell.

Well done a nice blend of inside / outside mids, with some raw grunt and some exquisite skills in the respective players, a very good mix. :thumbsu:

yeah thats an amazing haul, grats to Thunderstruck

Bang, bang, bang, bang.

Elijah Hollands
Finlay Macrae
Caleb Poulter
Tom Powell.

and if they have another lowly finish next year..you 'might' be able to add Horne to that list :)

Was delisted today, with a year to go on his contract, with a promise to rookie draft him, along with Mathieson and Birchall.

He just lacks the physicality and aggression needed to play KPF and ruck. So easily pushed out of every and any contest, and barely offers resistance.

I liked the look of him when he played Essendon.

Pick 30: Melbourne – Fraser Rosman
#30 Melbourne - Fraser Rosman (194cm, 84kg from Vic Metro)

Last pick for Melbourne already, so I'm going for potential. And again, I'm looking at adding more speed.

Like a lot of the Victorians, who knows what would have happened in 2020 for Rosman. He could have pushed into the first round mix, or maybe he would have gone undrafted. Who knows really. But whenever I've seen him, he's looked promising - from U16s a couple of years ago to some impressive stuff in practice matches for Sandringham at the start of the year. I always like it when players back themselves in, and Rosman is someone who looks to use his run to beat his opponents - a bit like Sam Frost in that regard. And he just has that bit of x factor about him up forward.

While there are lots of unknowns, what we do know is that he's a super athlete with elite endurance and speed. Now he just needs to continue to add some weight and get stronger through the body. Despite his height though, he is best suited to playing as a third tall forward - or even off a wing. He's gotten comparisons to players like Isaac Smith and Jaidyn Stephenson. So that lack of strength isn't a deal breaker by any means.

Drafting a tall is always risky, drafting a Victorian tall this year is even riskier. But Rosman has enough versatility and athleticism to find a role somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#30 Melbourne - Fraser Rosman (194cm, 84kg from Vic Metro)

Last pick for Melbourne already, so I'm going for potential. And again, I'm looking at adding more speed.

Like a lot of the Victorians, who knows what would have happened in 2020 for Rosman. He could have pushed into the first round mix, or maybe he would have gone undrafted. Who knows really. But whenever I've seen him, he's looked promising - from U16s a couple of years ago to some impressive stuff in practice matches for Sandringham at the start of the year. I always like it when players back themselves in, and Rosman is someone who looks to use his run to beat his opponents - a bit like Sam Frost in that regard. And he just has that bit of x factor about him up forward.

While there are lots of unknowns, what we do know is that he's a super athlete with elite endurance and speed. Now he just needs to continue to add some weight and get stronger through the body. Despite his height though, he is best suited to playing as a third tall forward - or even off a wing. He's gotten comparisons to players like Isaac Smith and Jaidyn Stephenson. So that lack of strength isn't a deal breaker by any means.

Drafting a tall is always risky, drafting a Victorian tall this year is even riskier. But Rosman has enough versatility and athleticism to find a role somewhere.

Terrific pick up. :thumbsu:

i will be very interested on draft night to see when he lands.

Very rare for tall's to have both elite sprint and endurance running ability.

A risk and a reach worth taking.

Just a Tom Powell fan.

It was loosely based off this article by Twomey. And I let the drafters know in advance how many picks they'll get. Is it accurate? Probably not, but it's as good as we'll get. Especially with the AFL still changing rules as they go.
After today’s delistings, and roster moves, Brisbane now has 4 senior list spots available.

And we’ll likely take 6 picks to the draft, thanks to the AFL’s backflip on taking “hidden” picks to the draft.

And that’s who I wanted to bid on, as speed in and out of the backline will be a need for us.
surprised he's lasted this long under the radar in all honesty

Bang, bang, bang, bang.

Elijah Hollands
Finlay Macrae
Caleb Poulter
Tom Powell.

Could rate with Ports haul a couple of years ago.

SUNS will pre-select Davies and Jeffrey for free. I realize that SUNS got a lot of concessions but you can't just take away pick 27 (29) from them. Quite possibly they will use it or trade it for future pick. Who runs this draft? :)

SUNS will pre-select Davies and Jeffrey for free. I realize that SUNS got a lot of concessions but you can't just take away pick 27 (29) from them. Quite possibly they will use it or trade it for future pick. Who runs this draft? :)
1. There's no trading in this draft, so whether it's there or not doesn't actually matter
2. The wide assumption is that the SUNS will make 1 live selection this year, considering their list is already chockablock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back