Official Ian Perrie Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Perrie has told the WA clubs he wants to come home.

crows98 said:
Has any more speculation about Mathew Pavlich wishing to play for a South Australian side been released or is that just a lot of hot air?

Watts and Messen to Hawthorn
Hay, Hawthorns second round pick (16 to 19) and Perrie to Fremantle
Pavlich and Harry Miller to the Crows

good deal or a bad deal.

Fills the crows need (forward and young small forward)
Fills Freos needs 2 good KKPS
Fills hawks needs a young key forward and a young ruckman
There is no way in hell we would trade 3 talls (2 key forwards and a young gun ruckman) for a gun KF and a small crumber thats done sweet ******** all.

Not going to happen.

Wayne's-World said:
Only if:

1. The WA clubs want him

2. The AFC want to release him ( which will be based on the right deal)

Again any player wishing to go back to WA is on tough ground - WC first draft pick will be either Pick 18 or 19 and that won't be enough in this draft.

It'll have to be a player and that will be a sticking point
You had your doubts on Stenglein deal. You have your doubts about Perrie deal.

Needless to say, I am very confident we will get a good deal for Sarge IF he decides to leave.

theorangeapple said:
Thats a fair enough comment, however I think we underestimate Stinger because of the 'silent role' he plays in the side. Perrie's impact is a little bit easier to read. And as you all kept telling us, Stinger did run 2nd in your b + f ;)
And I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Sarge was top 6 in our B&F this year ;)

Stiffy_18 said:
You had your doubts on Stenglein deal. You have your doubts about Perrie deal.

Needless to say, I am very confident we will get a good deal for Sarge IF he decides to leave.
Not sure Sarge is in WC wish list

No doubts on the Stenglein deal as all parties "came out" and wanted a deal done - it was only the haggling.

So far all we have is innuendo and IMO WC seem to be well stocked for talls.

Thinking is Garner will permanent forward and Hansen at CHF will be a very good player - add Perrie in - well I'm not so sure WC will crawl over cut glass to get a deal done despite Sarges wants

crowie said:
I think that he'll more likely be involved in a trade to bring Pavlich home, we would have to sweeten the deal a little but it is the Dockers we're talking about.

That is if the no-finals clause rumour is true.

It is. It looks like all the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place doesnt it. Just dont say i didnt tell you first... ;)

Wayne's-World said:
Not sure Sarge is in WC wish list

No doubts on the Stenglein deal as all parties "came out" and wanted a deal done - it was only the haggling.

So far all we have is innuendo and IMO WC seem to be well stocked for talls.

Thinking is Garner will permanent forward and Hansen at CHF will be a very good player - add Perrie in - well I'm not so sure WC will crawl over cut glass to get a deal done despite Sarges wants
Lets look at this logically.

From an outsider looking in, there appears to have been some contacts with Parties involved. Now whether Sarge's manager approached WC or Freo or whether the clubs approached him, none of us know.

But I think we can make some conclusion that there has been contact made and we can also conclude that there is some reasonably strong interest from both parties. I conclude this on a fact that Sarge hasn't signed a contract with us yet. This is a VERY similar situation to Stinger's last year and I expect the similar result to take place. Whether draft picks or players are involced, and which club is willing to fork out remains to be seen.

Don't underestimate WC's need for a key forward. They have some reasonable players there but Sarge woudl walk into their best 22. Hansen is promising but Sarge is a better player. Gardiner could be a reasonably dangerous leading FF but he keeps breaking down and Lynch, well he is just a dropped mark waiting to happen.

WC are flying. Their weakness is their forward line. I am not sure that they have a hell of a lot of time to wait for their key forwards to develop to the point where they are one of hte best in the competiton. Perrie would address their need and make then stronger instantly.

If Pav left the dockers then they would be royally stuffed.

I would quite enjoy that :D

VOTE 1 !!!!! PAV TO THE CROWS

UNIT said:
It is. It looks like all the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place doesnt it. Just dont say i didnt tell you first... ;)

I hope you are correct!

^^^^^^ Look up^^^^

The question remands, what are we willing to give up to gain the services of Mathew Pavlich?

Ian Perrie and?? But Fergus Watts to a Victorian club will not generate enough player equity for a player of Mathew Pavlich elk

Must admit I was luke warm on Pavlich returning - But he has changed my tune with some great contested play this year.

If a deal could be done and IF he does want to come home do we have the chips to get the deal done??

I'd have perrie, definatley underated!

crows98 said:
^^^^^^ Look up^^^^

The question remands, what are we willing to give up to gain the services of Mathew Pavlich?

Ian Perrie and?? But Fergus Watts to a Victorian club will not generate enough player equity for a player of Mathew Pavlich elk

Perrie, Scott Stevens and our first round pick.

Wayne's-World said:
Must admit I was luke warm on Pavlich returning - But he has changed my tune with some great contested play this year.

If a deal could be done and IF he does want to come home do we have the chips to get the deal done??
I think we have the chips to get the deal done.

I always though you were too tough on Pav, especially when you did everything but call him a receiver :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy_18 said:
I think we have the chips to get the deal done.

I always though you were too tough on Pav, especially when you did everything but call him a receiver :eek:
I probably did call him a reciever :p - I certainly said he didn't get enough contested ball - he then promptly over the next 6-8 weeks made me eat my words.

I'm satisfied that I would now allow him to join our exclusive footy club ;)

Wayne's-World said:
I probably did call him a reciever :p - I certainly said he didn't get enough contested ball - he then promptly over the next 6-8 weeks made me eat my words.

I'm satisfied that I would now allow him to join our exclusive footy club ;)
Bandwagoner :p

Wayne's-World said:
Hardly ;) - but one who is prepared to shift views (sometimes)

So what chips do we hold to get a possible deal done - Perrie and first + second round draft pick?
If Perrie wants to go and Pav wants to come then Sarge will be part of the deal. I also think our 1st round pick would be on the table. we also have some players that might interest Freo or some other club in a multi trade deal.

Lets just wait and see if Pavlich is in fact available and if Sarge is going back home. Its too early to speculate at thsi stage. There is still a couple of weeks to go before the trade week. We will find out about Sarge in the next couple of weeks.

Where are we at with Fergus? If he hasn't re-signed yet, that is obviously not looking good.

Truck Rutten said:
Where are we at with Fergus? If he hasn't re-signed yet, that is obviously not looking good.
Really doesn't mean anything frankly - a lot of players for negiating reasons prefer to wait to the silly season to boost their deal.

You'll find scores of unsigned players with most clubs, particularly the Melbourne clubs.

Stiffy_18 said:
Would anyone entertain the idea of Perrie for Sampi trade?
Bit of a risk - doesn't exactly get himself in peak physical condition so there is an attitude issue.

But I reckon you would risk it and do the trade - the upside is better than Perrie IMO

Stiffy_18 said:

Nup. Perrie is infinitely more important to our structure than Sampi will ever be.

No doubt Sampi has a crap load more talent, but doesn't apply himself nearly as well as Sarge does.

Sampi could be anything. But the way he's going at the moment he will spend his career tucked away in a forward pocket, occassionally producing matchwinning performances but with a lot of inconsistency.

I just don't think you would trade a CHF who is so important to your structure for a dime-a-dozen crumber who can be picked up late in the draft. (see Davey, Betts, Pearce, Miller, Corrie etc etc)

Eagles have already come out and said they will be keeping there first round pick which will be used to get a defender we have been lining up in the draft for quite some time now. If Eagles didnt trade Butler last time i dont think we will this time, he is contracted and will be kept. Two 2nd rounders is all I can see us reasonable offering even though Perrie is probably worth more then that, unless you are interested in a player like Rowan Jones as a small forward I dont see ya getting much more then that.

Id much rather give Brad Smith a chance then part with our first rounder, Next year Adam Hunter is likely to play FF with Gaspar playing CHB when he gets some fitness, along with Brent Staker, Brett Jones, Lynch or Jayhmie Graham as the third tall. I just dont see us trading our first rounder 2 years in a row, no matter who the player up for offer is.

Stiffy_18 said:

I doubt that he'd want to come, we aren't sponsered by a fast food chain. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back