Official Ian Perrie Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Perrie has told the WA clubs he wants to come home.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Burton pushes back to HB while Embley pushes forward.

Has Burton ever kicked 30+ goals in a season?

Wow, talk about not checking your facts. Are you as stupid as you seem, coming onto the Adelaide board to criticise them without having the slightest clue about their team?

If Perrie wants to go home, that can only happen if Adelaide are satisfied with the deal they get for him from either Freo or WCE. He can't opt to go in the pre-season draft because he will end up somewhere in Victoria, not in WA.

Adelaide hold the aces, not Perrie.

Just for the benefit of some of those WCE supporters suggesting that Perrie is only worth a 2nd rounder or two, I remember all the crapenzola in the Stenglein example when they were saying that he was unwanted, not needed and worth a second rounder at best. Some even said he couldn't make the best 22.

And weren't they very good judges? :rolleyes:

A 1st rounder AND a second rounder. :)

Footy clubs aren't stupid - Freo at times in the past excepted. They know the true value of a player and if they really want him, know what they have to pay the true price no matter what supporters with no sense of reality might say.

Personally I think Perrie would be a good get for either of the WA teams. He's that 3rd forward who roams the whole forward line and is as tough as old boot leather. Always gives 100%, and can take a contested mark.

I don't want him to go, but if he does, his true value is at least a 1st rounder at a minimum.

If WCE do want him we should insist on a trade for Waters or no deal.

If Freo want him, and it is true that there is a 'No finals get out clause" in Pav's contract, then we have to chase hard after him. In default, then Byron Schammer.

So post your offers of a toffee apple or whatever for him as much as you like, and bleat on how he has no value and wouldn't be wanted at your club.

If either WCE or Freo want Perrie, they will pay the price, and a good one it will be, just as it was in the case of Stenglein.

If not, he stays here.

If Sarge really does want to go and we can't get Pavlich or Waters, then I think we should somehow work a 3 or 4 way deal that lands us one of the top picks in the draft so we can pick up Bunga Hurn :)

I reckon that would be a good move for us. We get a young kid with great talent, and a ready made player to slot into our best 22. One can hope anyway :)

Stiffy_18 said:
Burton has kicked 51 goals in a season back in 2002.

Pro Stats

Very Interesting Stats for 2002. High goal count but low possession count.

In later seasons 2003-2005 possession count almost doubles and yet goal average and contested marks fall significantly.

How is that possible? Unless of course in 2002 he was not a HFF but a FF.

Nice try.

Max zero said:
Pro Stats

In later seasons 2003-2005 possession count almost doubles and yet goal average and contested marks fall significantly.

Nice try.

Er...he asked if Burton had ever kicked more than 30 goals in a season. He has.

Half of that season was played as a floating forward, yes, just as you describe Embley as being used.

What's your point?

Whats my point?

To be perfectly honest...I don't know. :eek:

This thread has gone on way too long for a rumour.

This is all orange apples fault.

I'm not posting in anymore 'Perrie" threads.

Max zero said:
Pro Stats

Nice try.

You are correct in that he did play at full forward in 2002. Hence why the goal count was high and the posession count was lower for Burton that year

Theres plenty of West Coast supporters saying - no way Waters/Butler are touchable.

To be honest i dont think thats necissarily the case. Now i can see the debate over Perries worth, and for that matter not wanting to give up Waters or Butler. They're both good players in the making, that no club would want to see leave.

I cant see Waters leaving - I'm sure he'll be pushing into the 22 next year once he's injury free.

Butler on the other hand is another matter. Realistically how far is he from getting a game with all of the midfield talent the Eagles have. He certainly doesnt fulfill an immediate need. Over the next few years, I cant see him finding a spot in there, even with a couple of injuries to some other midfielders. As a player he's at risk of being starved of opportunities, which brings in the "go home factor" in the future.
A Key forward fills an immediate need (stating the obvious) and Perrie with the Eagles midfield would add another dimension to their side.

In short trading Perrie for Buttler (with picks involved if needed to push through the deal) would be a win-win for both clubs.

Embers said:
Waters, Pavlich???

Both are contracted, both are staying, lets be more realistic with this discussion.

Yes, lets be more realistic and not talk cr@p about him only being worth 2 2nd rounders.

The guy kicked 40 goals and was an excellent leading forward for us all year, provided a great target up around CHF. Considering that the WCE second round pick will be well in to the mid 30's, I doubt that'd be of interest to us in an apparent shallow draft.

GoSarge said:
Yes, lets be more realistic and not talk cr@p about him only being worth 2 2nd rounders.

The guy kicked 40 goals and was an excellent leading forward for us all year, provided a great target up around CHF. Considering that the WCE second round pick will be well in to the mid 30's, I doubt that'd be of interest to us in an apparent shallow draft.

We dont have to please you, either take it or see him go in the Pre Season Draft, I couldnt care either way, Perrie wouldnt be high on our priority list right now.

P.S 40 goals isnt that great, Lynch kicked 31 and he is 4 yrs younger, may aswelll stick with him then waste a first rounder like ur thinking.

Embers said:
We dont have to please you, either take it or see him go in the Pre Season Draft, I couldnt care either way, Perrie wouldnt be high on our priority list right now.

P.S 40 goals isnt that great, Lynch kicked 31 and he is 4 yrs younger, may aswelll stick with him then waste a first rounder like ur thinking.

You dont have to please us if you dont want him, thats fair enough. I dont think he would be on your clubs agenda at all. Thats what makes me think he wont be going anywhere. He isnt in demand at either WCE or Freo. He wouldnt leave to go in the PSD because he would end up in Melbourne, he certainly wouldnt get through to WCE at pick 15 or 16 if your thinking you'll get him for nothing. He will still be a Crow in 2006.

Ad76 said:
Theres plenty of West Coast supporters saying - no way Waters/Butler are touchable.

To be honest i dont think thats necissarily the case. Now i can see the debate over Perries worth, and for that matter not wanting to give up Waters or Butler. They're both good players in the making, that no club would want to see leave.

I cant see Waters leaving - I'm sure he'll be pushing into the 22 next year once he's injury free.

Butler on the other hand is another matter. Realistically how far is he from getting a game with all of the midfield talent the Eagles have. He certainly doesnt fulfill an immediate need. Over the next few years, I cant see him finding a spot in there, even with a couple of injuries to some other midfielders. As a player he's at risk of being starved of opportunities, which brings in the "go home factor" in the future.
A Key forward fills an immediate need (stating the obvious) and Perrie with the Eagles midfield would add another dimension to their side.

In short trading Perrie for Buttler (with picks involved if needed to push through the deal) would be a win-win for both clubs.

Probably the most common sense I've actually read in this thread so far.

Waters is all but a monty for the Rising Star next year IMO.

Butler for Perrie is very fair, Eagles fans may disagree but it's fair. West Coast will be doing everything they can to keep Waters and Butler off the trade table and Adelaide will be doing everything they can to get them on there. There's always a compromise reached in these situations (unless you're Port Adelaide :D ) But the Crows and Eagles are two very well drilled football clubs and, were the deal to end up being between the Crows and Eagles, then a fair trade would definitely get struck. Some Crows fans are overrating and most Eagles fans are severely underrating (Perrie) but a fair deal will be reached which possibly involves a third party.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perrie has kicked 40 goals, Lynch has kicked 31, what dimension is exactly being added here, 3 more points per game, it doesnt sound all that appealing.

Gardiner at FF, with Adam Hunter and Ashley Hansen in the forward line with Embley, Matera and Cousins sounds pretty promising to me, I dont see how Perrie would get a gig before any of those players. No one would give up a first rounder or a quality youngster for a backup 26 yr old player who cant kick to save himself.

Personally I dont think either club will be interested enough to throw anything other then 2 2nd rounders (which i find generous) at him, otherwise Dockers can pick him up in the PSD for free for all i care.

I am not disappointed by this at all. The way Perrie's played his trade value would be at an all time high. And we need to get Watts into the side as a regular. Watts probably will be a better player than Perrie. The sooner he's a regular, the better. This is a good trade to have forced on us.

cro_Magnum said:
No thanks, we'll use him as part of the trade to get Pavlich

Adelaide will NEVER EVER get Pavilch!

**** said:
I am not disappointed by this at all. The way Perrie's played his trade value would be at an all time high. And we need to get Watts into the side as a regular. Watts probably will be a better player than Perrie. The sooner he's a regular, the better. This is a good trade to have forced on us.

Perrie wont be in your starting 22 next year, and he knows it.

Embers said:
Perrie has kicked 40 goals, Lynch has kicked 31, what dimension is exactly being added here, 3 more points per game, it doesnt sound all that appealing.

Gardiner at FF, with Adam Hunter and Ashley Hansen in the forward line with Embley, Matera and Cousins sounds pretty promising to me, I dont see how Perrie would get a gig before any of those players. No one would give up a first rounder or a quality youngster for a backup 26 yr old player who cant kick to save himself.

Personally I dont think either club will be interested enough to throw anything other then 2 2nd rounders (which i find generous) at him, otherwise Dockers can pick him up in the PSD for free for all i care.

Gardiner at FF = Ruckman

Adam Hunter = 190cm, Utility

Embley = Better version of Hunter

Hansen = Superstar in 3 years

Cousins = Midfielder

Matera = Crumber

VS

Perrie = Tall KPP and only the second genuine KPP to go into your forward line judging by the list you just gave.

Perrie would be a walk up into your lineup next year (believe it or not) and is a much better player than yourself and many of your fans are giving him Credit for. All are asking what he brings that Lynch doesn't - the endurance of a midfielder for starters. This bloke runs all day and has a bigger tank than 90% of the defenders in the comp. Trust me you may not rate him, but if he's to be traded he will attract the necessary compensation.

Cheers

Perrie is good hard working player (which is what Hansen is), Hunter at FF which he was originally drafted to play, Gardiner as 3rd tall, Cousins at HFF where he has been all year, Embley showed yesterday what he can do up forward and Matera is a starter. Brad Smith, Quinten Lynch Staker, McDougall with a injury free run will all be pushin for a forward role if they get some good WAFL form.

I know my team better then you and i can honestly say Perrie would struggle to get a game. Staker will struggle for a game next year and I rate Staker much more highly then i rate Perrie. Lynch wont get a game next year and his stats are just a little worse then Perries.

P.S If Adam Hunter isnt a KPP you need to watch more footy, he is taller then Perrie for cryin out loud and one of the best kicks in our team, if you think Perrie is better then Hunter you need to open your eyes.

Crowbar said:
Gardiner at FF = Ruckman

Adam Hunter = 190cm, Utility

Embley = Better version of Hunter

Hansen = Superstar in 3 years

Cousins = Midfielder

Matera = Crumber

VS

Perrie = Tall KPP and only the second genuine KPP to go into your forward line judging by the list you just gave.

Perrie would be a walk up into your lineup next year (believe it or not) and is a much better player than yourself and many of your fans are giving him Credit for. All are asking what he brings that Lynch doesn't - the endurance of a midfielder for starters. This bloke runs all day and has a bigger tank than 90% of the defenders in the comp. Trust me you may not rate him, but if he's to be traded he will attract the necessary compensation.

Cheers

What is necessary compensation, if our first round pick aint being traded, and Butler and Waters are both signed up and stayin, 2 2nd rounders is all that i think is left.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Well, you've got 6 months to ponder those kind of hypotheticals.

If Perrie got double-teamed it's because our defence works its guys out.

You guys are the kings of flooding back, so it's not as though Hansen had a heap of space to work in.

WOW, talk about selective vision... having actually been at the game 5 mins into the first quater there was not 1 wc forward inside your forward 50, and there were several other occasions when we were going forward there was not 1 WC forward inside their own forward 50... Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Embers said:
if you think Perrie is better then Hunter you need to open your eyes.

Yes I do think he is better than Hunter and I'd be interested to see the results of a poll on the main board. Perhaps the result will encourage you to 'open your own eyes'.

Embers said:

Can we please stop this crap about the pre-season draft. You lot came up with the same argument for Stenglein and it couldn't be further from the truth.

IF Eagles want Sarge and IF Sarge wants to go to the Eagles, you will pay what he is worth on the market not what you want to pay. He is worth more than 2 2nd rounders. In fact he would be worth about a mid 1st round pick. You might not like it, but hell thats the price. You lot are going down the same path you went 12 months ago when the Stinger debate was taking place.

Just about everyone from your supporters laughed at the suggestion that Stinger is worth a 1st round pick. Well who ened up with the egg on their face.

I was thinking you lot might have learned something from last year but I am obviously wrong

Butler is our next best midfielder. He is basically even with Selwood but Selwood has hit form at the right time after Butler was very unlucky to get dropped.

IF Butler said he wanted to go home, then we would consider a trade for perrie. That is based on the assumption that there isnt a better player we are chasing, in which we could get a pick off crows/port and send it away for that player. That is unlucky though.

Max zero said:
This thread has gone on way too long for a rumour.

This is all orange apples fault.

I'm not posting in anymore 'Perrie" threads.

You obviously werent here last year when the Stinger debate was taking place. I think there were 4/5 extremely heated and drawn out discussions (20+ pages) from 2 months before trade period. By the time trade period actually came around I think we were all completely over the issue and the debate had basically stopped and the trade went though without much discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back