Preview OFFICIAL PREVIEW AFL ROUND 17 - Brisbane Lions v Essendon Sunday July 10th 1.20pm @ the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just as an aside re the Covid protocol for AFL players, I just found out from someone that works at the PA hospital that all doctors/nurses/auxiliary staff do not routinely do Covid tests before fronting for work each day... only the ones in direct contact with the ICU or Covid wards(+ he thinks that is only if they are close contacts/showing symptoms)... he did say the protocols do change regularly though. Also teachers do not test every day before work.

Why do AFL players still have to do it..... use some common sense only test those with symptoms please.
I recall Daly saying last night that the club was doing the mandatory two tests per week which is afl standard and then he said the club started proactively doing them again daily when someone got it a few weeks - maybe Zac - which is now to our detriment as he said people werent presenting with symptoms so perhaps thats our problem, but then its probably not ethical for greater good

Is Answerth out as well?
Sam Sheldon phoned the club and offered his services. The offer was declined. Before he was cut off he started screaming, “TELL VOSSIE I STILL HAVE THE NEGATIVES! TELL HIM!! HE’ll PLAY ME! TELL HIM!!”

I recall Daly saying last night that the club was doing the mandatory two tests per week which is afl standard and then he said the club started proactively doing them again daily when someone got it a few weeks - maybe Zac - which is now to our detriment as he said people werent presenting with symptoms so perhaps thats our problem, but then its probably not ethical for greater good
:rolleyes::mad:

Justin Sherman arrived at the club to help out, but he turned up with his Footscray gear and left when he was told Rodney Eade wasn’t the coach. He appeared dazed and confused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be an interesting game whatever happens. In a way it means the expectations should now be such that a win of any kind would be a fantastic outcome. Par is probably a three goal loss but a win isn’t out of the question.

This is the biggest test of our true depth under Fagan. Let’s see how good the system stands up with substantially different cattle on the paddock. The upside in these situations is that everyone has to take responsibility for their part of the task and just do their job. Sometimes it means they forget about the outcome and just work on the process better.

Anyway, a good way to learn about fringe players, maybe break a few patterns we have established, try some new strategies, give things a bit of a shakeup. What happens, happens.

Daughter is ICU at the pa. No pre shift testing.

Her and partner were close contact on Saturday night. Partner was positive Monday, she had no symptoms, reported situation and was told to still come into work Tuesday and Wednesday

She made the call not to work yesterday, and tested positive today.

Unless you have symptoms or a positive test, you have to go to work and mask up.

Major staffing problems from covid/flu/burnout.
All hospitals are chronically short of staff at the moment.

There’s some crazy policies and/or informal directions in place at the moment.

I was told not eat in the staff cafeteria (because I had a cold), so I wouldn’t be sent home if someone else reported me.

We’re not supposed to come to work if we have cold or flu symptoms, but we’re so short staffed.

And that’s after almost doubling our staff numbers in the last 6 months.

What the hell is wrong with the club to get this many players exposed to covid? Do they not wear masks or heard of Glen20? Honestly, the club health staff need to be brought to justice. Could cost the club top 2 spot.
Dan Merrett was appointed a couple of weeks ago as head of Covid safety protocols.

What the hell is wrong with the club to get this many players exposed to covid? Do they not wear masks or heard of Glen20? Honestly, the club health staff need to be brought to justice. Could cost the club top 2 spot.

This is a poor attempt to troll even for you Sizey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back