Preview OFFICIAL PREVIEW - Brisbane Lions v Carlton Sunday August 7 @3.20pm at the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seventh-placed Blues have recalled midfielder Paddy Dow close to finals for just his third game this season, while defender Lachie Plowman has been omitted and Corey Durdin managed.

With Pittonet managed and named as an emergency, Tom De Koning will be the sole recognised ruckman for the clash against big Lion Oscar McInerney, with support likely from Jack Silvagni.

They'll need a ruckman as the medi sub if that's the case. ;)

We brought in Matho for extra clearance support, which seems to have been working so losing Lyons might be a backwards step. We just need extra running support to manage both of those guys defensive efforts on the outside when they lose the contest.

Ah Chee, Berry and Bailey as our wings will have a big job covering for those guys inside, but I do think they have a better balance of that defensive running. Bailey is the one with the biggest question marks, but he has played as a defender and I think needs to build that defensive aspect and improve his tackling to stop giving away free kicks. Basically become Zorko from a few years ago.

Either way, looks like we are backing in our team and not making too many wholesale changes from last week. Let's just hope the sub is a more logical pick, especially considering Carlton's weak ruck department. Any of our key forwards should be able to expose Silvani when he goes to chop out in the ruck. Big chance for McStay to impose himself on the game this week.

Team as expected.

I guess if we get rolled this week a couple might be on shaky ground. One would think.

Back at the Gabba we should win. Not that I'm bursting with confidence.

Get rid of that bloody deck for one but where does the other 5k come from? in 2019 final vs Richmond got 37.5k in there.

At least the back row of seats on the lower level were removed too create disability seating - which is full more often than not. That's not a massive number though

I am glad Robinson has been dropped and I think Fort would have made us too tall, so that makes sense. I would have had Prior for Answerth but oh well.

I wonder if we are at the risk of losing both Deven and Prior end of this year.
Prior isn't even contracted if I remember correctly. May be in the outer due to that too.

I wonder if we are at the risk of losing both Deven and Prior end of this year.
Prior isn't even contracted if I remember correctly. May be in the outer due to that too.
I really can't see why. He's improved dramatically this year with some gut running and defensive efforts. Surely we've learnt by now we'd like m/f's and wingers who get it at both ends of the ground and who can defend. He's also a great build for a utility and will only get bigger.

In fact I'd be mortified if we didn't try to keep Prior. Dev seems to be on the outer. I'm neutral on Dev but I can see why a lot of people want to see him get an opportunity.

I am glad Robinson has been dropped and I think Fort would have made us too tall, so that makes sense. I would have had Prior for Answerth but oh well.
I agree that Robinson should be dropped but on the other hand disappointed for him that he probably doesnt get a chance to play his old team one last time - perhaps we could meet again in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really can't see why. He's improved dramatically this year with some gut running and defensive efforts. Surely we've learnt by now we'd like m/f's and wingers who get it at both ends of the ground and who can defend. He's also a great build for a utility and will only get bigger.

In fact I'd be mortified if we didn't try to keep Prior. Dev seems to be on the outer. I'm neutral on Dev but I can see why a lot of people want to see him get an opportunity.

If I remember correctly, those two are pretty close even from Junior ranks.
It's not about us wanting to keep Prior, it may be more of Prior going if Deven moves. Like Neale+McCarthy combo.

It’s ok to have some desperation.
Sometimes I wish the team had some.
Because they often play without any.
I went to the tassie game and they lacked any kind of desperation until the last 5 mins when they seemed to realise that they probably weren’t going to win

If I remember correctly, those two are pretty close even from Junior ranks.
It's not about us wanting to keep Prior, it may be more of Prior going if Deven moves. Like Neale+McCarthy combo.
Ah. Get it. I'm not an expert on Dev so not much idea but Prior I really like on the natural improvement he's making on whatever I've seen of him.

If you agree with the selectors, yes.
Animation Disagree GIF by Moving Picture Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back