Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Harie suggested last week this was happening and last night stated Chris Grant is next.

Said they did something wrong and covered it up. Hardie claims (as is often the case) it's the cover-up that's got him in the s**t.

Brad Harie suggested last week this was happening and last night stated Chris Grant is next.

Said they did something wrong and covered it up. Hardie claims (as is often the case) it's the cover-up that's got him in the s**t.

So it's going to come out?

The Swans are allowed to trade in again, as long as players coming in are earning less then 350 k a season. Pretty good compromise by the AFL I reckon.

Not a fan of Hardie but his bulldogs mail is usually spot on.

The Swans are allowed to trade in again, as long as players coming in are earning less then 350 k a season. Pretty good compromise by the AFL I reckon.

Nek minnit Patty dangerfield signs with the swans on a 28 year contract @ 349k a season...

Last edited:
"An off-season at the kennel" — by Bluey24

A new season beckons. The Bulldogs diehard captain and best player, Ryan Griffen, steps into his coach's office. "G'day Macca, how goes it?" he says, waiting patiently for Macca to stop spinning on his chair. "Ohh G'day ol' timer! So you still playing?" he replies. "I hate to say it, but I reckon we desperately need to blood a few more of these young tuckers! How do you feel about a trade up north??"

Griffo can't believe it; he grabs his rod and slams the door behind him. A shiver runs down Cooney and Higgens spine as they hear the screech of Griffo's ute tearing up the carpark. The doc tells them they're both out for 6 weeks. Later that afternoon, they wheel themselves into Macca's office. "WTF just happened coach?!" they ask. "Oi! You veterans can't talk to me like that! Trade! I say, trade!!"

Lurking at the back of the kennel, Murphy thinks that this his chance to finally take over the pack. Now I only need to get rid of those two future superstars: Jones and Tutt!

That night he invites them over to his place for a drink. "Hey guys! I'm Robert Murphy!" Jones and Tutt glance at each other. "Yeah…… we know who you are? We've been your teammates for—" Murphy cuts them off and does a quick jig. "Hey! That's enough about you two! So, I heard Carlton were keen on you lads. So what do you reckon?"

Jones takes a breath and prepares to declare his undying loyalty for his teammates. "Oi!" shouts Murphy. "I'm speaking! Now, you bloody see this??" He pulls up a live feed of their families gagged and tied hanging from a cliff face. Luke Beveridge is giggling at the top with a pair of scissors. "You fuc$ers aren't ruining this for me! Trade!!" screams Murphy.

Ha ha… Sorry guys, I have to head out and I couldn't be stuffed finishing this drivel off later! Bulldogs are in real strife though. Didn't they just announce their new leadership group? Then your CEO resigns? o_O

Completely agree.
I never agreed with the COLA, but I also never agreed that banning them from the trade period was fair either.
Pretty good outcome for both parties I would have thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't stand him as a Carlton player. Now can't stand him as a human.
What a piece of s**t he is. Hope they throw the book at him. Always seemed scared on the footy field. Now I know why. He only picks on women.

Two lead stories on the news, nick stevens and simon white ... Fmd

Stevens will probably get sacked from glenelg coaching job and end up in the clink, monster

Knowing Australia's pathetic and offensively inappropriate light sentences to 'little boys' (don't deserve to be called men) who commit violence against women/spouses, I don't share your optimism of Stevens getting jail time. He deserves a minimum of 10 years (non-parole) at Barwon, there was a real chance he (allegedly) could have killed his partner or given her brain damage.

People like Nick Stevens are the lowest of the low.

Prepare for the appeal with lots of tormented childhood, bi-polar condition, grieving over recent death of a puppy, depressed since leaving footy, chronic neck pain, medication issues, dreadfully remorseful, didn't realize, etc etc........

Knowing Australia's pathetic and offensively inappropriate light sentences to 'little boys' (don't deserve to be called men) who commit violence against women/spouses, I don't share your optimism of Stevens getting jail time. He deserves a minimum of 10 years (non-parole) at Barwon, there was a real chance he (allegedly) could have killed his partner or given her brain damage.

People like Nick Stevens are the lowest of the low.

Lower than that, 10 years , that just won't happen u fortunTely, I share you skepticism, its a joke

Last edited:
Are you saying there should be separate sentencing parameters for offenders depending on the gender of the victim?

He's probably lucky he will be sentenced this side of the Royal Commission on Family Violence beginning next month. It will doubtless recommend harsher penalties certainly for repeat IVO breaching and Andrews has committed to implementing ALL its recommendations. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back