Oh yeah good opening round....

Remove this Banner Ad

DEES RULE!

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2000
Half way between heaven and hell!
Other Teams
MELBOURNE DEMONS! :)
well what a game... we lost! WOO HOO GO DEES!

ok ok breathing now... heartbeat normal again!
disapointing lose not coz we actually lost but coz we lost by so much.... what happened to this game being close? they gave up half way into the 4th quarter but you can't blame them with those stupid umpires who i swear have their eyes deep in their big arses!
Neita should have most defenetly got that goal.... grrrrrrrrrr
mad.gif

If Neita got that goal than the boys would have had a chance... they would have been pumped up but if everyone is against them what can they do?
on that note what happened to the cheer squad? fell asleep again i suppose... and i swear if i ever meet any of those supporters who left half way through 4th quarter they are going down!
mad.gif
mad.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok now some good things:
1. melbourne's back line has improved so much and they were really a classic act but with that they have to put more than two players up from they cant expect greeny and robbo or beama or whoever to kick goals on their own!
2. Schwarta what a ledgend... i think stepping down was a good desicion, haven't seen him play so well in a long time
3. Chell, Yze and Greeny were really shinning
4. NO INJURIES OR REPORTS...
5. the Wiz is back next week and so is Matty!

ok well over all one thing left to say..

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------
Footy. It was just a sport.
But now it's also a business.
However, according to the fans it's a religion,where the people rule!

The Mighty Melbourne Demons- My passion, My obsession!

oh well, like last yr, the yr before, and the yr before that, we have always lost our first match to richmond.
frown.gif

although, after a few weeks, i'm sure the dees will be back to form, and doing nicely!

i agree, they didn't player the worst, but a few of those contested marks, the dee boys REALLY could have got!

any ways, next week, i'm sure that our boys can beat the crow, so GOOD LUCK!!!
smile.gif
:p
biggrin.gif

GO DEES!!!

------------------
I luv shane woewodin. and the mighty dees whether or not you like it!!!

well it was disappointing i know, but there were 3 teams that had bigger loses than us so it cant be that bad. anyways, the boys r coming to moi next week so that should be good, me against 43000 crows supporters. BRING IT ON i say.
tongue.gif
anway yeah it was sad that we lost but schwarta played well which was good to see, so yeah GO DEES!!!!!!

------------------
I would like to say that i beleive in God and i believe in karma. why i exist beats the %$#^ out of me !!!

Agree with most of what you said Dees Rule. Umpiring was awful. That last quarter with Neitz and then that 50 m penalty. I was stunned. Can't agree with the backline. I thought they were pretty terrible. Schwarz was great after quarter time. Although I had better look out, I was one of those that left during the 4th quarter.

------------------
The Melbourne Football Club: Tradition, Heritage, Excitement

Why is it we get terrible umpiring decisions against us at crucial times, particularly against the Tigers and Bulldogs...it always happens..they always seem to suck us in these two teams.???
Did Farmer do his hamstring at training, hope not because we will be in trouble next week, we always struggle against the Crows at Crow Park.

Don't sound too optimistic do I??
Cheers
Go Demons
Go Storm

Farmer IS very doubtful for this week. I heard the same as Ms.Storm that his hammy has gone again. I can't think of any other players who are recovered from injury and I doubt that any of the Sandy boys will be pushing for selection, coz they got hammered too.

The following is an excerpt from the Sandringham match report @ http://www.demonland.com/Sandringham.htm#Coburg
Other Demon listed players who took part were Troy Broadbridge Simon Godfrey, Shannon O'Brien, Stephen Pitt, Scott Thompson, Paul Wheatley, Luke Williams and rookie list player Ben Doherty while the Tigers had a number of their AFL listed players taking part. Most of the Demons were hot and cold and, apart from Jolly, I wouldn't expect any of them to fight their way into the senior team for the Adelaide match although Thompson did show some of the promise that made him Melbourne's No. 1 selection at the 2000 National Draft.

As uninspiring as this all sounds I still think that we will beat the Crows. The players that I saw play vs Richmond were no where near their best. A few of them have been nursed thru Pre-season ie Ox,Ingo and Woey. Rigoni suffered an injury about a month ago I think so they should improve with real match practice.

Ox,Bruce,Chell,White and at times Walsh Impressed me yesterday.

Woey was disapointing but he can't carry us every week.

well i most certenly hope that Farmer will be right for next week and i swear if Neale puts bloody Grgic who can't do s**t all instade of Robbo up forward i will kill him! Robbo wasn't on half the time and Grgic that pathetic excuse for a player (who should play in the under 10's the way he is going) was put on and he made such silly mistakes!!!

Crows should not be an easy game but i still think we'll win! if we won't grrrr..... my god i hate having injuries it blows the whole thing up! well at least most of then we'll be back round 4 (besides Powelly
frown.gif
)

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by DEES RULE!:
well i most certenly hope that Farmer will be right for next week and i swear if Neale puts bloody Grgic who can't do s**t all instade of Robbo up forward i will kill him! Robbo wasn't on half the time and Grgic that pathetic excuse for a player (who should play in the under 10's the way he is going) was put on and he made such silly mistakes!!!
well it looks as tho someone doesnt like Gerge. oh well he is a bit inconsistent, but he can be a good player.

Crows should not be an easy game but i still think we'll win! if we won't grrrr..... my god i hate having injuries it blows the whole thing up! well at least most of then we'll be back round 4 (besides Powelly
frown.gif
)

GO DEES!
smile.gif

well the Cows (<---deliberate spelling error) wont be an easy game at footy park. they never are. Trust me on this one Or. But i think that we can win, we just have to apply ourselves to the task at hand, and KEEP SCHWARTA OUT OF THE BLOODY BACK LINE PLEASE NEALE. HE DOENST BELONG THERE, HES A FORWARD. Geez even i know that
rolleyes.gif

and then we should do ok.
oh please bring in Broady for his first game, in his home town, it would be so good.
Anyways i gotta prepare for when they come over, cos they are actually staying at my place. HA like that'll happen. anyways i got a big week so ill catch yous all later.
CHOW !!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I would like to say that i believe in God and i believe in karma. why i exist beats the %$#^ out of me !!!

BT if you followed robbo closely you would know that he needs about a good 20 mins on ground before he gets to it! he barely got 30 mins at a time! what was that all about???
But when he was on his kicks were quiet accurate (i was sitting where he was playing so i got a good view
wink.gif
)
Look last time we met the Crows robbo got 3 goals and was best on ground so if Neale doesn't give him a long run next week i will be forced to kill him *MWAHHAHAHAHAHA* evil laugh which didn't sound to evil
biggrin.gif

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------

ok well according to the SA demons robbo was tied second best on ground last time, and chell (watch out chell spideys coming AHHH) was the best. i voted i should know. but ill make sure that robbo gets it this time Or i promise.

CHOW !!!!

------------------
I would like to say that i believe in God and i believe in karma. why i exist beats the %$#^ out of me !!!

Actually now that I think about it, I remember Robbo playing some awesome footy early last season coming off the bench in the second half. Perhaps this is worth another shot, remember the Roos game in round 2, 4 2nd half goals on the All Australian back pocket. Not to forget the St.Kilda game the week after, I think he kicked 5 that day. Just a thought.

Did Bruce start on the bench yesterday? I'm pretty sure he did and his impact was immediate.

well nicki sweety look at demons.com.au it says it there! :p
besides he got 3 goals which was the most out of any player and he also took some good marks!
you just cant keep bouncing him from banch to field... when he doesn't preform he gets pissed off at himself and tries so hard that he gets it right (see g/f day and that incredable mark!)
He said (when he came to my school): "that he hates when he doesn't do what he expects himself to do" so give him a little run and all will be fixed! (let him meet me and he'll be running like hell... trust me it happened before
biggrin.gif
)

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by DEES RULE!:
well nicki sweety look at demons.com.au it says it there! :p
besides he got 3 goals which was the most out of any player and he also took some good marks!

i know i was just stating the facts. i know he got best player, ive seen the website, but i was just saying that. anyway it doesnt matter cos its gonna take more than the amazing robbo for us to win on saturday night.

------------------

I actaully thought Grgic played well. The best I have seen him play for quite a while. I also agee, leave Schwarz up Forward. Neitz up Back THANK YOU.

------------------
The Melbourne Football Club: Tradition, Heritage, Excitement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back