O'hAilpin Will he stay or go back to Ireland once seaon is over?

Remove this Banner Ad

PrinceLugosi

Debutant
Jul 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey do you think he stay in the club,his starting to show a bit or do you think he may go home to Ireland after his brother being cut.Celtic Pride you know a bit more then us i reckon.

Hey do you think he stay in the club,his starting to show a bit or do you think he may go home to Ireland after his brother being cut.Celtic Pride you know a bit more then us i reckon.

Troll,

Are you the West-Coke supporter I nearly head butted on the tram after our teams met a few weeks ago? if so, hi:)

idiot.jpg

He'll stay here as long as the club wants him (which hopefully is a fair while longer)

The thing about the Irish, is that they are very loyal and close to their families, hence Carlos' anguish about Aisake's delisting, and probably explains why Kennelley went back to play for Kerry. to follow in the footsteps of his late father.\

Anyhow for now, Carlton is his 'surrogate' family here in Australia and we all love the Mad Irishman :D

Just popping this stupidity aside to focus on more serious issues - anyone have any solid ideas for a climbing vine/creeper I can hide my cracked render with? Planting period, frost resistance, drought tolerance are all important factors. Must be a few handy gardeners out there. Cheers in advance. T60.

I'd go back to Ireland myself for one of Setanta's Sisters ... She is a really good sort, and I've always dug the female irish accents ... I think she won the title of Miss Ireland last year or something ???

With the focus on sustainability, I tend to like edible crops so perhaps consider passionfruit or kiwifruit? We had vines of each growing up against the next door neighbours side garage wall as a kid. I'm not sure how drought tolerant they are...

If Setanta was going to leave it would have been in years gone when he was struggling to completely grasp the game at the top level.

Or it would have been when his brother was delisted from the club at the end of last season which was the same time when Setanta was really struggling with injuries.

But now that he's actually playing senior football and has really played himself into some very good form, you think he'd leave? When there is a chance that he has fought back hard and finds himself a reasonably important player in a team well and truly on the rise, not far from playing their first finals in a good 9 years?

Are you nuts?

With the focus on sustainability, I tend to like edible crops so perhaps consider passionfruit or kiwifruit? We had vines of each growing up against the next door neighbours side garage wall as a kid. I'm not sure how drought tolerant they are...

Hey, good thinking, AzulMan. Need something that won't get too bulky/woody and start tearing chunks of masonry off. Never thought of passionfruit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There she is, in the middle, she actually won Miss Cork ...

2605_59730315162_661935162_1978145_6764159_n1.jpg

mb-lockdown-05.jpg

mb-lockdown-02.jpg

etaoin-2.jpg

No Crude jokes about 'corking' her please :D

Just popping this stupidity aside to focus on more serious issues - anyone have any solid ideas for a climbing vine/creeper I can hide my cracked render with? Planting period, frost resistance, drought tolerance are all important factors. Must be a few handy gardeners out there. Cheers in advance. T60.

How about just forget the wall and set up a garden bed below it and fill it with opium poppies, i'm sure the OP will be willing to pay handsomely come harvest time:cool:

How about just forget the wall and set up a garden bed below it and fill it with opium poppies, i'm sure the OP will be willing to pay handsomely come harvest time:cool:

Hey, nice idea. My Tasmanian connections tell me it does well down there. Some funny story about crop circles and spaced out goats...

Setanta was good as gone at the start of this year. He has 1 year on his contract. He hit Cloke and supporters wanted him dismissed from the club straight away. The club kept him on and he was given another chance. He has taken this chance in his hands and played some fantastic football for the blues. He is a forward not a backman. The blues will offer Setanta another 2+ years to wear the Navy Blues. Then he might will return to Ireland. I am a big fan of Irish. Hopefully he can keep playing decent football. :)

Potato Vine or Jasmine Polyanthum. No spikes and despite ridiculously long runners that could tie up a Nimitz class carrier - not too hard to control. I haven't watered anything in my garden since the late 90s and they're both going strong. PV has small star-shaped white flowers and no scent. Jasmine's pretty similar, except for the strong scent. Put up trellis at the appropriate points and buy a hedge trimmer.

Whatever you do, don't plant ivy. I've seen that shit destroy double-brick houses.

Apologies for adding value to this thread.

Seconded. Not sure about water either, but they're both excellent creepers.

Passionfruit is one of the most attractive vines/flowers going, and the fruit is a bonus. I wish my neighbour still had hers - I got the fruit! - it tends to collect on the west side.

Kiwifruit is fantastic to grow above a varandah . The leaves provide brilliant shade in summer, then fall off to let the winter sun through. Very little maintenance too.

I'd go back to Ireland myself for one of Setanta's Sisters ... She is a really good sort, and I've always dug the female irish accents ... I think she won the title of Miss Ireland last year or something ???

Don't think Setanta will be going home for his sister, just quietly...

We've got a passionfruit vine growing over the fence from next door. Looks lovely and the fruit is beautifully refreshing on a hot summer's day. :thumbsu:

Potato Vine or Jasmine Polyanthum. No spikes and despite ridiculously long runners that could tie up a Nimitz class carrier - not too hard to control. I haven't watered anything in my garden since the late 90s and they're both going strong. PV has small star-shaped white flowers and no scent. Jasmine's pretty similar, except for the strong scent. Put up trellis at the appropriate points and buy a hedge trimmer.

Whatever you do, don't plant ivy. I've seen that shit destroy double-brick houses.

Apologies for adding value to this thread.

We had jasmine growing on our fence in Yarra Glen when I lived there... during summer it was great... BBQ smells combining with the Jasmine :)

Troll,

Are you the West-Coke supporter I nearly head butted on the tram after our teams met a few weeks ago? if so, hi:)
No I'm not a sneagle,a true blue,but if you were a real enemy to me,lol,you would be one of The guys that go missing each year never to be found and never would enough said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back