Olympic Basketball Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just imagine if the boomers win. I've been sledging Americans the last couple of days pretending like we've got it in the bag and that they're going to have to play really well to have any chance against us. That our defence is too good and that other than the 2nd half against the Brits we've been foxing this tournament. For some reason they don't get that I'm joking and get really fired up and start arguing.

Here's hoping the Americans have a terrible match and that a couple of Aussies get really, really hot from outside the 3 point line.

Just imagine if the boomers win. I've been sledging Americans the last couple of days pretending like we've got it in the bag and that they're going to have to play really well to have any chance against us. That our defence is too good and that other than the 2nd half against the Brits we've been foxing this tournament. For some reason they don't get that I'm joking and get really fired up and start arguing.

like it!!!

Here's hoping the Americans have a terrible match and that a couple of Aussies get really, really hot from outside the 3 point line.

dont even think about thinking that

i just wanna point out that the quarter finals have an eerie similarity to each matchup.

USA-AUS - flags of both nations have a small panel on the top left corner
BRA-ARG - celestial feel to it. brazil with the globe/stars, argies with the sun
FRA-SPA - flags feature 3 panels
LIT-RUS - tri colours in 3 identically sized panels.

i just wanna point out that the quarter finals have an eerie similarity to each matchup.

BRA-ARG - celestial feel to it. brazil with the globe/stars, argies with the sun

And 3 out of the 4 have both teams on the same continent.

*, they're all rectangular too :x-files look

Yeah and if you rearrange AUS, you can spell USA.

Jesus the technique of that big Russian guy at the free throw line was horrific. Safe to say his opponent will be happy for him to receive the ball outside the arc.

haha the number 8 guy? He makes me feel a lot better about my basketball skills, safe to say that is one of the worst shooting styles I have ever seen at that level anyway!

haha the number 8 guy? He makes me feel a lot better about my basketball skills, safe to say that is one of the worst shooting styles I have ever seen at that level anyway!

You and I can probably shoot better than that guy. Yes, he's an Olympian but it's very clear he wasn't recruited for his shooting skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back