(Only) Three Tigers named in All Australian Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

So the reigning premier and favourite for the flag, have only one player in the AA team?! This just proves that the selectors choose their team based on stats rather than output.

In many ways, I wish Dusty missed out and we go on to win the priemership, just to prove what an absolute debacle this 'team' truly is.
I remember the days not long ago when Hawks were winning flags they'd have seven or eight players in the squad and five or six picked in the team. Their whole backline used to be in the squads just about !

Anyway, care factor zero. We have bigger fish to fry...

Under what logic does Darcy Byrne-Jones deserve a spot before Vlastuin or Grimes?

Seems marginal at best - but then surely you give the blokes from the flag favourites the nod!?
Kane Cornes media blitz pimping up Port and denigrating Tiges at every opportunity.

I know the club is focussed on bigger things, but really ?

Grimes and Vlaustin v Byrne-Jones and Shepherd ? Ryan ? That is just insane and corrupt. Just totally corrupt. What a disgrace that not even one of those two could get in.

When Whingethorn were winning all those premierships, the AA sides were littered with their players. Their “unsociable” football was lauded by all and sundry in the media. We win 2 out of the last 3, make a Prelim in the other, finish 3rd at the end of the H&A this year and we get *** all representation in the AA teams and the media turds all going into a week long frenzy about a pathetic tummy-tap by Lynch.

The AFL...the media. The umpires. The whole system preferred us when we were sh*t. Now, all those salty campaigners want to shaft us whenever they can.

*** them all. We’ll beat them all again. C’mon Richmond.
Agree with everything you've said there except that I've watched every Dockers game this year and Luke Ryan has been THE best defender in the comp all season. Hasn't played a bad game, can't remember a game where he has been beaten and has taken a bunch of huge scalps. Despite finishing well back (12th) Docker's defence was fifth best and they had their three key defenders Hamling, Pearce and Logue all injured and out for the season. Ryan at 187cm took on much bigger oppos and stepped up big time. Also his field kicking is exquisite. Class player. Well deserved imo.

id be curious to see his midfield and forward percentages.

He spends more time forward than he does through the midfield. Basically starts in the centre and rolls forward with Graham who starts at half forward rolling into the midfield. If you were going to be very anal about it you could say he should have been named at HF rather than in the pocket as he probably spends more time in between the arcs than he does isolated 1 out in the square although in saying that I suspect we could see him isolated up forward more in the finals series.

I actually see our lack of representation as a huge positive. It’s probably an accurate reflection of the fact that our team has been evenly performed this year, there is no real one person you could point out (aside maybe Dusty and Grimes) who has Stood out consistently. Even players like Bolton had down weeks, and others like Cotchin had too many absences due to injury. For us to finish 3rd off the back of this is fantastic, we just need the team to continue and for a few to hit peak form in the coming weeks and we’ll be every chance to take the cup

Jackovich mentioned that Danger and Bont on flanks were because they kicked crucial goals to get their sides up. Excuse me, but Butler kicked more goals than them combined and is one of the MAJOR reasons the Saints are playing finals. Using their criteria, Butler deserved to be in.
Butler and Mitch Wallis both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back