Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he is that mid height that is neither here nor there.

The disposal numbers hopefully rise next year with more games and confidence. One thing I think we would both agree on is there doesnt seem to be one spot he can call his own

Half forward maybe but he cant survive on that alone. With our midfield set up I cant see him getting a full time role ( if any) for a few years , so he needs something else

Maybe just maybe a wing?

Yup, don’t mind him on a wing. Give the kid an open flank to cause some havoc in clear air.

Will happily bookmark this comment for the end of 2020 ...Gallucci will prove to everyone that he is nowhere near a bust .
I expect him and alot of our younger crew to surprise plenty once they have a clean run at senior footy .
Gooch especially doesn't need 25 touches to be influential , we just need to use him properly and utilize his strengths

There were more than a handful of players who went backwards over the last 12-18 months. Gooch was one of those. He showed flashes in 2018, but watching his pedestrian-like performances in the SANFL finals last month, he's got a long way to go to be in the best 22 come Round 1.

However, he may well have been caught up in "The Divide" and is keen for a fresh coach(es) to see something positive in him again.

Will happily bookmark this comment for the end of 2020 ...Gallucci will prove to everyone that he is nowhere near a bust .
I expect him and alot of our younger crew to surprise plenty once they have a clean run at senior footy .
Gooch especially doesn't need 25 touches to be influential , we just need to use him properly and utilize his strengths
I’m liking the stuff you post more and more these days Shadey!

Good grasp on things IMO

I mean if someone said "Brad Crouch sucks" they should probably be called out for that, but the argument that Crouch boys lack hurt factor comes up on here a fair bit.

Last edited:
I hope they announce Adem Yze as our coach on Sunday

Know it sounds funny
But I just can't stand the pain
Hawks I'm leaving you tomorrow
Seems to me Hawks
You know I've done all I can
You see I begged, stole
And I borrowed

Ooh, that's why its Yze Its Yze on a Sunday morning
That's why its Yze its Yze on a Sunday morning

I must admit I've towed the line for Gallucci but 2020 is a make or break year for him at Adelaide.

Very much is, I hope he gets given a starting midfield role round 1 and really gets to make a case for a long term future. There is a lot to like tools wise, but it's been a slow burn so far.

Unfortunately what probably puts Gallucci on the clock is that Jones is getting closer and closer to breaking out as a footballer.

I mean if someone said "Brad Crouch sucks" they should probably be called out for that but the argument that Crouch boys lack hurt factor comes up on here a fair bit.

My view was that Brad had considerably more trade value than his output/wage requests suggest. A decent footy player. But not worth $1m and certainly not elite IMO.

I hope they announce Adem Yze as our coach on Sunday

Know it sounds funny
But I just can't stand the pain
Hawks I'm leaving you tomorrow
Seems to me Hawks
You know I've done all I can
You see I begged, stole
And I borrowed

Ooh, that's why its Yze Its Yze on a Sunday morning
That's why its Yze its Yze on a Sunday morning

You're really putting the Grey in GreyCrow. ;)

Very much is, I hope he gets given a starting midfield role round 1 and really gets to make a case for a long term future. There is a lot to like tools wise, but it's been a slow burn so far.

Unfortunately what probably puts Gallucci on the clock is that Jones is getting closer and closer to breaking out as a footballer.
Could Gallucci play the kind of role we had Jaensch doing? Small defender, good user? Maybe question marks over whether Gooch can defend.

Could Gallucci play the kind of role we had Jaensch doing? Small defender, good user? Maybe question marks over whether Gooch can defend.

Maybe. I mean he's quick, and a pretty solid kick, though it does lack penetration.

Personally I think he's an in/out mid and a half forward rotation in the future, but it's worth a shot, especially as Gooch does look lost playing in front of the ball. Though that could just be from how abysmal our ball movement was this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. I mean he's quick, and a pretty solid kick, though it does lack penetration.

Personally I think he's an in/out mid and a half forward rotation in the future, but it's worth a shot, especially as Gooch does look lost playing in front of the ball. Though that could just be from how abysmal our ball movement was this year.
Pretty sure I saw Gallucci kick the ball pretty long this season a few times....accurately too.

Volume of posts means nothing , hell look at mine, but what it does is give a broader sense of what the poster brings to the site.

Most of the posters I respect and admire have few posts. In the last few weeks James_37 has just killed it with logic and knowledge, I always enjoy arrowman and his contributions , me I'm just in it for the cheap laughs and self esteem boosting likes. (please like this)

I'm not sure what I'll do when David Mackay gets delisted. Might have to retire from BigFooty.

Even Campo getting sacked has put a huge dent in my go-to material

There were more than a handful of players who went backwards over the last 12-18 months. Gooch was one of those. He showed flashes in 2018, but watching his pedestrian-like performances in the SANFL finals last month, he's got a long way to go to be in the best 22 come Round 1.

However, he may well have been caught up in "The Divide" and is keen for a fresh coach(es) to see something positive in him again.
I think he was completely f..ked around this season , IMO he showed plenty in 2018 when we sucked and even this year he had a period of games where he was averaging 2 direct goal assists with some beautiful forward delivery in a non functioning forward line and then he was dropped .

Completely agree , his SANFL form and effort was poor the last month but i put that on external factors .

2020 is a big one , i like the odds .

I heard that on AA also, I also heard Chapman on SEN earlier, he comes across as very poor on both interviews.

“Thank you (insert host name) that’s a very good question”

Can only be said so many times, it was on repeat and it shows the pressure and lack of real answers that have been plaguing the club for a long time. To hear that Chapman has cemented himself in for another 12 months is disappointing but there does have to be some sort of stability and leadership from some of the culprits to see the change through, but the change better happen and for the better.
I read the Dunstall interview and he spoke very verry highly of Chapman. I know there is a lot of flack surrounding Chapman. Many complain about his performance during interviews but I have to admit I dont always understand the level of negativity. Now I am not talking about his involvement with past decisions I am just commenting on his recent interviews.

Plenty of people think Gallucci is a bust. What are you on about?

Anyone can join the forum any time. If they add something to the discussion and don't peddle bullshit about being ITK, they should do just fine.

(I agree with you about post count not meaning anything. Some of the best posts I've seen came from people who barely post.)

s**t I had to google to find ut what ITK meant. I've been here 8 years and posted only 3000 times. I have seen people do more than that in one year. I read a lot of comments and I gather intel that I dont get up here in a NRL state but I like to put my two cents worth in if I can. Unfortuuately living in QLD means I cant get any rumours, about the footy.

I mean if someone said "Brad Crouch sucks" they should probably be called out for that, but the argument that Crouch boys lack hurt factor comes up on here a fair bit.

In terms of hurt factor, Matt Crouch is decent at his best, below average when he's not fully firing.

I've seen Brad Brouch be reasonably damaging with the ball when he's in space. Seems to cruise nicely when he's open. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the vast majority of the time he gets the ball, he seems to be under pressure and rushes his disposals.

My view was that Brad had considerably more trade value than his output/wage requests suggest. A decent footy player. But not worth $1m and certainly not elite IMO.
The 1m is fairly obviously an ambit claim just as the shopping to rival clubs by his manager is a set piece play.

His manager knows we are clearing out around 2m in cap space and wants a piece of the pie. Will he get 1m? No and everyone including Brad and his manager know that.

He'll get around 750k, which is a lot more than he is on, but we have to spend it by law and we have no one else to spend it on and he just won the BnF so good on him

The 1m is fairly obviously an ambit claim just as the shopping to rival clubs by his manager is a set piece play.

His manager knows we are clearing out around 2m in cap space and wants a piece of the pie. Will he get 1m? No and everyone including Brad and his manager know that.

He'll get around 750k, which is a lot more than he is on, but we have to spend it by law and we have no one else to spend it on and he just won the BnF so good on him
For some reason I thought it was reported Brad was on around $600-650K on his existing contract ..?

I heard that on AA also, I also heard Chapman on SEN earlier, he comes across as very poor on both interviews.

“Thank you (insert host name) that’s a very good question”
“Thank you.....” does have a place as it gives a a bit of faint praise to the interviewer and some thinking time for the response, but to use it every time becomes infuriating.

His length of tenure, high unnecessary praise for an obvious dork like Burton and annoying whiny voice are the final straws for me even if you forgive him for Tippet etc, which I don’t. His performance after Walsh’s death is irrelevant, it’s just not that hard to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back