Opinion Past Collingwood players who could have been anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayle Kirby and Brenden Abbott

Bruce Gonsalves

Classic what Fabulous Phil said

'In the last of those, against North Melbourne, he had several early opportunities to mark, but each time was spoiled by Phil Carman coming over the top. When he suggested to Phil that maybe he should have left the mark to him, Phil replied with a smirk: “Pancho, do you really think all these people here today came to watch you play?”'

Probably been mentioned but troy lehmann really stands out to me...Damien Adkins also
Thought these 2 were jets when I was younger

That’s right! He was a really good player, but not sure why he couldn’t continue his form after his one or two really good seasons.

Was my favourite player at that time too. He had some sort of back injury that put him out for several weeks and was never the same player again for some reason.

Club had big wraps for him but got king hit with a cowards punch by Robert Muir - broke his jaw in a pre season game. Never got over the impact to be honest. St Kilda have a history of that stuff.

Any idea what year that was? I would have thought Rizza played just after Muir had finished at Stkilda.

Club had big wraps for him but got king hit with a cowards punch by Robert Muir - broke his jaw in a pre season game. Never got over the impact to be honest. St Kilda have a history of that stuff.

Any idea what year that was? I would have thought Rizza played just after Muir had finished at Stkilda.
1983 was the year: Paul Rizonico
1682755196083.png
It must have only been his nose that was broken (not his jaw), as he was named in the Reserves team for the Rd. 1 game:
1682755688252.png
Muir was in the squad for the Saints Reserves that week:
1682755740074.png

1682756497808.png
Muir did go back to St Kilda in 1984, but picked up a hefty suspension in just his second senior game for the season, and that effectively ended his VFL career.

The problem with Roach is that we traded pick 3 and Clinton King to Richmond for pick 7 and Steve McKee. So if we're being harsh we could have kept pick 3 and got Pavlich (Freo used pick 4). Instead we got a serviceable ruckman and a 1 game, 0 disposal Roach.

The only consolation is that Richmond used pick 3 on Aaron Fiora, so it could have been worse.
Yep and IIRC, Mr Malthouse said there is no difference between pick 3 and pick 7. Well it turns out there was a difference between the Pavlich and Roach types. And I reckon every club would always take a top fiver ahead of a later pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back