Opinion Past Collingwood players who could have been anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Defo

Didnt he captain Fitzroy and Brisbane?

Captained Fitzroy, not sure about the Bears. Was 1 of the 10 Fitzroy players taken by the Bears in the merger so I'd have thought they'd already have had a leadership team in place..

Last edited:
I don't want to go here but geez give us an injury break footy gods so Will Kelly is not next on this list :(

Leigh Carlson , John Hassal , Chad Rintoul ,
Bleeding Molloy and Cummings were past their best , Jamie Tape in their as well .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh Carlson , John Hassal , Chad Rintoul ,
Bleeding Molloy and Cummings were past their best , Jamie Tape in their as well .
Molloy came out like a freight train when we recruited him in 2002. But then he got injured and was stuffed. I reckon we would have won that flag in 2002 if he was fit.

Molloy came out like a freight train when we recruited him in 2002. But then he got injured and was stuffed. I reckon we would have won that flag in 2002 if he was fit.
Did Molloy not play ? Or played underdone ?
Cant remember

A player who took a long time to be any good...and then once he Was good was continually injured ....and that player was ben Sinclair

Did Molloy not play ? Or played underdone ?
Cant remember

Another one of Malthouse's puzzling selections... He missed 12 weeks in 02 with a broken toe/foot, came back and played r22 and the first final underdone and did nothing... dropped for prelim and then brought back on a rainy GF day with a side that had enough talls that we ultimately lost to outside run....

A player who took a long time to be any good...and then once he Was good was continually injured ....and that player was ben Sinclair

Still have the avatar 😔.

Created chances as a pressure small forward, just couldn’t convert in front of the sticks. Found his place down back but couldn’t get on the park. Emergency in the 2011 GF in his first year under Mick after playing a couple of games late, always straight back in the side under Bucks showed how highly rated he was internally.

Another one of Malthouse's puzzling selections... He missed 12 weeks in 02 with a broken toe/foot, came back and played r22 and the first final underdone and did nothing... dropped for prelim and then brought back on a rainy GF day with a side that had enough talls that we ultimately lost to outside run....
Spot on. It was raining all morning so a big heavy slow forward was never going to be the answer on that day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back