Coach Patch is back

Remove this Banner Ad

“North Melbourne people want to see effort in the contest and pressure around the footy … I think being brought up at Arden Street [that’s] all you can do for your fans,” Adams told North Media.

Did we need to sack three coaches to understand this as a club? I guess Shaw wasn't sacked...

Patch was up and about and ALL the coaches were demanding the players play on at all costs at training yesterday. Even Tie-up-the-play-Turners was.
Oh I may have got my wires crossed on Patches views on Mahony.
There was a buoyant mood across the group, everyone seemed very happy apparently.
And while I don't recommend anyone listens to me I'm putting a 100 on us to win.

The changes to our side will be interesting. JHF will play as we know, I hope there is only two changes. Out Spicer In JHF. And a different medi sub would be a grand idea.

Like to see Goater given a shot.

Patch was up and about and ALL the coaches were demanding the players play on at all costs at training yesterday. Even Tie-up-the-play-Turners was.
There was a buoyant mood across the group, everyone seemed very happy apparently.
And while I don't recommend anyone listens to me I'm putting a 100 on us to win.

The changes to our side will be interesting. JHF will play as we know, I hope there is only two changes. Out Spicer In JHF. And a different medi sub would be a grand idea.

Trying to recoup your losses from last time?

Should be pointed out that the match committee hasn't changed, other than Noble out/Adams in.

I wouldn't expect significant changes to the squad.

As I said...

As I said...
As Merlin has mentioned above, I’d say not rushing Turner & to a lesser extent Walker (who was dropped last week) back in, is pretty significant in terms of the new direction.

Walker, Turner and other limited footballers in our back 6 has been a gripe with many North supporters this year, and Turner was supposedly one of the first picked by Noble.

As Merlin has mentioned above, I’d say not rushing Turner & to a lesser extent Walker (who was dropped last week) back in, is pretty significant in terms of the new direction.

Walker, Turner and other limited footballers in our back 6 has been a gripe with many North supporters this year, and Turner was supposedly one of the first picked by Noble.
Can’t be any coincidence we moved the ball better out of D50 with a different mix

As I said...
You said nothing.

You kept going on about ..its not just Nobes - there is a match committee that picks the sides...

Given no Mahoney, Turner and Walker in Patch's first side its seems that miraculously those other members of the 'match committee' haven't had as strong a voice as they have in the past in picking those guys.

Who would have thought that:rolleyes:.

I think you might be overthinking it. It was his job as VFL coach to identify and support AFL listed players being better than that level - it wasn't his job to assess them at AFL level per se. His task was to get them to a level too good for VFL and the tools to stake a claim at a senior role long term.

Same as you, I have a handful of cash on us to win along with the 40+ may as well enjoy the ride.

Head scratching stuff that it took them 15 games and a concussion to Turner, to recognise.

It also means we are less predictable then “just give it to Hall”.
Same with Walker. Teams sit off him and beg us to kick to him - and to be fair he makes good position and moves well into space - but they're allowing him to do it knowing that his options are limited with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, I'm already tired of hearing "the game plan doesn't need an overhaul, just a few small tweaks.."

WTF?? Our game plan is dog s**t. We've lost 14 straight, and had to longest losing streak in the history of the game of 47 points or more.
If ever there a time to try something new and experiment, it's these next 6 weeks.

Just picturing how a different answer from Patch would have played out and how many weeks the media would have dined out on it:

Q: "Patch, what will you be looking for over these next six weeks?"
Patch: "Well, to be honest, the way we played under David was complete horseshit. What I'd like to do is completely change everything we saw in the first 16 rounds and make sure nothing David ever tried sees the light of day again."

(Seriously though, I'd expect it to be like the Collingwood game but faster. Can't say that stuff publicly though, have to present a unified front)

If I remember correctly, Patch captained vic metro and was overlooked in the ND only for us to pick him up as a bargain in the rookie draft? Size was probably an issue, but he was as hard as nails, a true shinboner and talented, could hit the scoreboard as a small forward and more than hold his own in the midfield. We never saw the best of him as a player Fk I nearly threw a brick through the telly when that dirty bastard Judd ripped his arm out its socket deliberately, that was a cowardly low act, and in my opinion is way worse than any spur of the moment high hit. I reckon Patch could and should have sued the C#$t, but no he went about his rehab and took it in his stride. And I have to say watching him address the players as a coach in what is no doubt a difficult set of circumstances, impresses me greatly, brought a massive grin to my dial and a bit of pride too that a true shinboner is in charge even if its only for the next 6 weeks. Brings things to a head very quickly, acknowledges everyone is hurting and gets it out in the open, its ok to have those feelings, but we need to switch on. Really wouldn't surprise me if we win a few going into the end of the season. No one has anything to lose, and for Patch he stamps himself as a future senior coach. Which brings me to what the FK are we paying Roos for??? For all the get Clarko, get Lyons, get Choco,,,,,,seriously, Roos built a premiership team and handed over to horse, then built another at Melbourne (who were diabolical) and handed over to Goodwin......what the FK is that campaigner up to now, and if the AFL supposedly care about sorting NMFC out, why the FK isn't Roos taking over the head coach role with the view of handing over to Patch down the track????

Just picturing how a different answer from Patch would have played out and how many weeks the media would have dined out on it:

Q: "Patch, what will you be looking for over these next six weeks?"
Patch: "Well, to be honest, the way we played under David was complete horseshit. What I'd like to do is completely change everything we saw in the first 16 rounds and make sure nothing David ever tried sees the light of day again."

(Seriously though, I'd expect it to be like the Collingwood game but faster. Can't say that stuff publicly though, have to present a unified front)
He kind of almost said that in the interview actually.

If I remember correctly, Patch captained vic metro and was overlooked in the ND only for us to pick him up as a bargain in the rookie draft? Size was probably an issue, but he was as hard as nails, a true shinboner and talented, could hit the scoreboard as a small forward and more than hold his own in the midfield. We never saw the best of him as a player Fk I nearly threw a brick through the telly when that dirty bastard Judd ripped his arm out its socket deliberately, that was a cowardly low act, and in my opinion is way worse than any spur of the moment high hit. I reckon Patch could and should have sued the C#$t, but no he went about his rehab and took it in his stride. And I have to say watching him address the players as a coach in what is no doubt a difficult set of circumstances, impresses me greatly, brought a massive grin to my dial and a bit of pride too that a true shinboner is in charge even if its only for the next 6 weeks. Brings things to a head very quickly, acknowledges everyone is hurting and gets it out in the open, its ok to have those feelings, but we need to switch on. Really wouldn't surprise me if we win a few going into the end of the season. No one has anything to lose, and for Patch he stamps himself as a future senior coach. Which brings me to what the FK are we paying Roos for??? For all the get Clarko, get Lyons, get Choco,,,,,,seriously, Roos built a premiership team and handed over to horse, then built another at Melbourne (who were diabolical) and handed over to Goodwin......what the FK is that campaigner up to now, and if the AFL supposedly care about sorting NMFC out, why the FK isn't Roos taking over the head coach role with the view of handing over to Patch down the track????
At this stage I think we're paying Roos to stay away.

If Patch shows enough that he's worth keeping on as coach we need someone like Williams, even Lyons and I'd say Roos but he's kicking back on a beach somewhere, as director of coaching. So Patch can coach and have a good mentor backing him up. Choco might be perfect for that.

If Patch shows enough that he's worth keeping on as coach we need someone like Williams, even Lyons and I'd say Roos but he's kicking back on a beach somewhere, as director of coaching. So Patch can coach and have a good mentor backing him up. Choco might be perfect for that.

Just no, cannot do this again. We need a fresh set of eyes and I doubt Patch keeps his gig once the new coach arrives.
He can go coach elsewhere and come back in five years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back