Coach Patch is back

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Hun

Another former Roo joins coaching panel
Jon Ralph
North Melbourne is getting the band back together, with former player Leigh Adams set to join its coaching team.
Adams joined Coburg as a 29-year-old as a senior coach after he was forced into retirement by repeated concussions as a North Melbourne players.
He had impressed in a short stint coaching South Croydon, where he took his team to a premiership in a massive upset over rival Vermont.
It is understood he has knocked back overtures from Richmond and will join the Roos, who have added former tagger Brady Rawlings as their football boss.
His brother Jade Rawlings has just joined the club as a senior assistant after crossing from Melbourne.
Adams played 104 games for the Roos and won over the Coburg team with his strong relationships and galvanising presence.

It feels to me like we missed the best of what he had to offer with his early retirement.

There's a bit of "unfinished business" about this group of assistants isn't there.

Ooooooh yeah, hungry for a flag, I really really like this.

Also, the OH IT IS JUST A BOY'S CLUB crew owe Jade an apology imo.

For clarity, not the Essendon poster who is on disability support because of the injuries he sustained trying to gob himself off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a brilliant appointment.

I have been lucky enough to observe first hand his excellent communication and relationships with young footballers and his undeniable knowledge of the game. Would not surprise me to see him land a senior gig one day.

Well, if he's assistant who is credited with playing a big role in the North Melboune 2020-21-22 threepeat, he'll be in hot demand.

Ooooooh yeah, hungry for a flag, I really really like this.

Yeah, me too. There's a feeling about it all.

And on top of that its the first time I've ever remembered JZ sounding like he regretted a lost opportunity. I liked that we had several players (BB and JZ spring to mind, but someone else too who I can't think of) talking about being pissed off about missing finals. Its the first time I've heard that from the side in a long time.

Thinking back to 2007 - not only was it our best full season post-Pagan - we actually reached the top 4 - I remember Patch being instrumental in our wins especially in beating Geelong in Geelong (and subsequently turning them into an all-conquering juggernaut.. :( ). Very smart player.

Also, the OH IT IS JUST A BOY'S CLUB crew owe Jade an apology imo.

Nobody calls a successful boys club a boys club. The name is a derogatory one which means positions are given out to friends instead of the best available candidate.

We need the current group to be successful to dodge that loaded bullet.

I am happy to see Patch back at North, was painful seeing him end the way he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back