Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he’s worth 6 million over 5 years. It would be a slight increase on what he’s already on, and ensures he is paid through all his prime years.
That's probably what it's looking like at the moment.

At least he has confirmed that a new contract will happen. That'll shut up Freo/WC fans for the next 5 years. :p

Lynch was paid to come to a club.

Cripps would be getting that coin to stay at a club he apparently loves, and he is not quite worth that.
I’d happily pay that. He may stay for less who knows, I’m just throwing out what I’d offer him.

The impact of him walking out on the club would be disastrous.

He has been practically the only positive over the past 3-4 years and as we are finally starting to click if he were to leave it could do serious damage.

See what happened to GC after Gaz left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we go back to bottom four it’s a slight chance. Unless the team just has a nightmare run with injuries and luck

I think he sees the light though, and after 7 shitty years why would he bail when things are finally looking ok
He definitely does at the moment. I think this is irrelevant if we suck again.

i'm terrified tbh.

It's pretty obvious he's waiting to see how our year plays out. If we make finals or at the very least slightly improve and just miss out he'll stay. If we have a terrible year or stagnate I reckon he's gone. I just hope we match whatever bid comes in.
I disagree, but I still think he's a chance to leave. Where our opinions differ, is I think the only reason he'd ever leave would be to come back to family. He will not leave 'to chase success'.

nlth23eu5zw21.jpg Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 7.24.24 pm.png
There is no rush. It (new contract) will happen, it’s just a matter of making sure we have got all the details (in place).

I disagree, but I still think he's a chance to leave. Where our opinions differ, is I think the only reason he'd ever leave would be to come back to family. He will not leave 'to chase success'.

View attachment 1079486View attachment 1079487
Words are wind. Until he signs he's a chance to leave. Many players wait till mid season/end of season so the can leverage their form I get that, but many also don't, they sign asap.
It's not about money, he's getting a mill no matter where he plays. It's about how we fare as a club. I won't judge him harshly if he leaves after another poor year for us. Hope he signs but also look forward to the opportunities selling a superstar at his peak brings.

The way he's playing his best might be past him under a teague system.
Hopefully that changes with williams and others in the side but he just seemed a little disinterested last night compared to how I've seen him play.
Might be body issues who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back