Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

wooohoooo

Another Richmond thread.

Just what bf was lacking.

I’m not sure I’ve heard enough about what Richmond are doing, or what Richmond would do, or what Richmond supporters think about Richmond in comparison to the thread topic.

Sounds like this rules out West Coast.

Sure does and I'm not unhappy about that.

We need to hit the draft this year.

Only way the Eagles land a big fish is if half decent players request trades. Duggan being the highest ranked out of contract.

Happy that the club has managed to avoid a Collingwood cull and all the players bought in.

Sounds like this rules out West Coast.
I think only the most wishful of Eagles supporters ever thought he was a chance to come back to us.

In a way I hope he stayed with the Blues. He's done all of the heavy lifting and deserves some success with the team that he has led through some dark days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The West Coast Eagles taking a pay cut this year on the promise that there isn't a big name and salary player on the horizon next off-season looks exactly the same as the West Coast Eagles taking a pay cut this year on the promise that there is a big name and salary player on the horizon next off-season.

The West Coast Eagles taking a pay cut this year on the promise that there isn't a big name and salary player on the horizon next off-season looks exactly the same as the West Coast Eagles taking a pay cut this year on the promise that there is a big name and salary player on the horizon next off-season.

Ok.....whatever that means.

Looks like salary cap management with the playing group buying in. Well if that keeps the group together who we want together great. If it means we don't forcefully eject high paid players and we are set up nicely for 2022 even better.

Ok.....whatever that means.

Looks like salary cap management with the playing group buying in. Well if that keeps the group together who we want together great. If it means we don't forcefully eject high paid players and we are set up nicely for 2022 even better.
Pretty sure I read somewhere Eagles landed Kelly as their big fish.

Could be wrong though.

Pretty sure I read somewhere Eagles landed Kelly as their big fish.

Could be wrong though.

Ok.......whatever that means.

Two totally different situations not related...........

We must use a 1st rounder this draft. Thats related to the Kelly deal and draft rules.

The cap has dropped and so landing a big star using high picks we dont have and big $$$$ no club really has is simply out of the Eagles price range this year. This is the result of several decisions over multiple years and covid.

Ok.......whatever that means.
Whatever that means? OK.

The Kelly deal, as you have correctly identified, has rooted West Coast's Salary cap, but not by itself. It was already stuffed.

"McGovern was reportedly courted by a number of clubs, with offers of up to $1.2 million per season for six seasons tabled to lure him away from the Eagles."

The Nic Nat ,McGovern (7), Kelly (29), Gaff (19) deals are pretty well known. What you may not know is that Elliott Yeo (23) Luke Shuey (34) and Jack Darling (47) are all in the top 50 paid players in the AFL. I know - couldn't believe it myself, but here we are.

To put that into perspective, and back on topic, Patrick Cripps (11) and Jack Martin (5) were the only Blues players in the Yop 50

Freo have 1.

Whatever that means? OK.

The Kelly deal, as you have correctly identified, has rooted West Coast's Salary cap, but not by itself. It was already stuffed.

"McGovern was reportedly courted by a number of clubs, with offers of up to $1.2 million per season for six seasons tabled to lure him away from the Eagles."

The Nic Nat ,McGovern (7), Kelly (29), Gaff (19) deals are pretty well known. What you may not know is that Elliott Yeo (23) Luke Shuey (34) and Jack Darling (47) are all in the top 50 paid players in the AFL. I know - couldn't believe it myself, but here we are.

To put that into perspective, and back on topic, Patrick Cripps (11) and Jack Martin (5) were the only Blues players in the Yop 50

Freo have 1.

Definition from Freo fan. Eagles having enough good players to fully utilise the cap = stuffed?.

But with buy in from every player Eagles wont need to force good players out = stuffed?

And the list remains in contention and the playing group not unfairly or adversely affected by covid salary cap cuts = stuffed?

And the club has said no to backending deals to delay / defer the problem into the future = stuffed?

And finally the club uses a strong draft hand in a strong draft to replenish with youth = stuffed?

Ok......whatever!

Definition from Freo fan. Eagles having enough good players to fully utilise the cap = stuffed?.

But with buy in from every player Eagles wont need to force good players out = stuffed?

And the list remains in contention and the playing group not unfairly or adversely affected by covid salary cap cuts = stuffed?

And the club has said no to backending deals to delay / defer the problem into the future = stuffed?

And finally the club uses a strong draft hand in a strong draft to replenish with youth = stuffed?

Ok......whatever!
Fair enough. Quick question - what do you mean by eagles having a "strong draft hand"? Do you mean 2018 or 2021?

If Carlton go poorly this year not even Carlton fans could blame him if he left.

The biggest rfa of that year, and a star of the comp who has admirably dedicated himself to a struggling team, including being captains having never played a final in his career, linked to a potential move home, and potentially to a team that recently won a flag.

No similarities whatsoever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The bont and Kelly are also rfas.

I’m not sure I’ve heard enough about what Richmond are doing, or what Richmond would do, or what Richmond supporters think about Richmond in comparison to the thread topic.
It’s getting to the point I would prefer ess to win the flag this year. #anyonebutrichmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back