Paul Seedsman vs Shaun Atley

Who is better?

• Seedsman

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • Atley

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

atley's defensive work is so so underrated. Rarely loses a 1 vs 1. Can also more than match Seedsman offensively.

Might have something to do with when I think of North I think of Petrie, Goldy, Hansen, Wells, Swallow, Bastinac, Thomas, and Boomer that's about it
When 10 years ago I only thought off Sinclair, Archer and Rocca
No love for Ziebell, Cunnington? Not even AA Thompson? Dal Santo? But but we all really care what you think of North :rolleyes:

Both very good young HBFer's. Seed more damaging kick, whereas Atley more damaging run and carry. As mentioned, Atley is very good in 1 on 1 contests, rarely losing, however the fact I watch more North games then Collingwood it's difficult for me to compare that part of their games. However I'd be surprised if Seed was better defensively as Shaun is our most reliable one on one small/mid defender, and probably only surpassed by Thompson in our back 6 1 on 1.

Definitely excited to watch the two of them over the next few years.

Atley's a much better defender. Takes the best opposition small forward and balances defence and attack better than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know much about Atley, so I am not going to vote. But i reckon that Seedsman is a little over ratted. He has not done much as of yet. I don’t fully understand the hype. He may end up being a great player and one we need, but from reading posts on this thread it seems people already rate him there. For me he is a very good kick and can break lines, but needs to improve consistency. I think next year will be a very telling year from him one way or another.

I dont know much about Atley, so I am not going to vote. But i reckon that Seedsman is a little over ratted. He has not done much as of yet. I don’t fully understand the hype. He may end up being a great player and one we need, but from reading posts on this thread it seems people already rate him there. For me he is a very good kick and can break lines, but needs to improve consistency. I think next year will be a very telling year from him one way or another.
Pretty much described Atley.

Has all the tools and does some brilliant things in a game but needs to get it more and be more composed with it.

Pretty much described Atley.

Has all the tools and does some brilliant things in a game but needs to get it more and be more composed with it.

K well in that case, i don't think anyone can claim ether one is or would be better. As they have both only shown glimpses.

Agree re Seeds. Injured at start of year but has gone backward. Is at the crossroads a little. Not for delisting but needs improvement if to be a long term AFL player. Atley is stronger and quicker. Better one on one and defensively.

Agree re Seeds. Injured at start of year but has gone backward. Is at the crossroads a little. Not for delisting but needs improvement if to be a long term AFL player. Atley is stronger and quicker. Better one on one and defensively.
Obviously watched more Atley and believe he has the tools to A grade or at least B+

Seeds has many of those tools and IMO just needs more games and will improve.

Seedsman is lots better, he looks more composed with the ball and is a guy you would love to be kicking in the big moments.

Atley is quick but isn't that great IMO.

Back