Pauline Hanson - One Nation Party

Remove this Banner Ad

h-1.png

Is there anyone in Parliament further right than Bernardi? I would love to see the disintegration of the Liberal Party as it would mean Corey would go out and officially form his Christian Liberals Party.

I wouldn't have thought so - perhaps Christensen and Kevin Andrews. But for every bit of the moron he is, there is just as much of a moron at the opposing sphere. You need not look further than those who trashed his office or when The Guardian posts news on facebook about him and references are made about him and his family which include death. Every bit offensive as some of the nonsense he dribbles. To be fair with him - he hasn't been so bad in the last couple of years (very vocal on safe schools but that program is a complete botch and only supported by those further than centre-left.

He could go start his own party for all he wants, it won't gain much traction. Perhaps some religious numpty's will jump on board but that is about it. He is simply unlikable which is a shame because most his economic ideas/policies make a lot of sense.

Citizen referendum is a libertarian ideal and left of centre not right I would of thought.

It is a libertarian ideal and a thought of those which support smaller government which can be more closer identified with right wing politics. There is also a belief that strings from the left that if politicians are elected, they should do the decision making (unless they are right wing of course....).

The WA One Nation idiot is simply replacing the WA PUP idiot who was there previously so no real impact on the Senate. I honestly have more faith in One Nation actually being reasonable on most issue, where as I have no faith in Darryn Hinch. Hinch has a single platform and nothing else, the man has repeatedly shown in Victoria over decades that he is a loose cannon and for someone who used to tell people to vote informal to be in politics is laughable.

I'm glad you have faith in One Nation. I certainly do not. Whilst they will be far more united than the people Palmer picked up because he had money they will rebel together until they get what they want. Hansen doesn't strike me as the sort of person fearful of losing power so therefore voting with the government on legislation either. They will be happy to block whatever they can block. They'll help legislation pass, if they get something (just hope they don't ask for a Royal Commission into Islam).

Hinch is a wait and see. He has said that he will look into all legislation and understands the importance of a senate.

Bob Day is very centre and will probably vote with Xenephon on most things. He is just hated because he is a christian and opposes SSM.

Lambie is a green, minus her views on immigration.

Leyonhelm will vote with the Liberals on everything. So count that as a bonus seat to them.

There is a clear movement to a third party in most states, Victoria is Green, SA is Xenophon, Qld is One Nation, Tas is four ways with Greens and Lambie (if ON didn't run there Lambie would of got 2 seats). Greens have a strong presence in WA but nothing like Victoria. NSW is still bouncing around though and will be interesting to see who emerges.

The Victorian swing towards Green is a myth. They are getting swings in inner city seats but are losing traction elsewhere. The only reason they are relevant and a chance on winning seats like Melbourne Ports is because of Labour preferences.

The real third party swings are Hansen (watch her gain in WA next time now that she gets more free publicity), and Xenephon.

When I read 'Small Cabal of Promenent Banks' I cant help but get the feeling this is Right wing code for 'Jews'.
He knows what he's saying.

I just saw a Crikey article where is used cabal and prominent banking familes and Bolt slapped him for anti-semitism.

For him to use it again shows he knows exactly what he is saying.

Pity he hasnt got the plums to be honest.

He knows what he's saying.

I just saw a Crikey article where is used cabal and prominent banking familes and Bolt slapped him for anti-semitism.

For him to use it again shows he knows exactly what he is saying.

Pity he hasnt got the plums to be honest.

You know if Andrew Bolt has to slap you down for going to far Right youve lost the plot.

Whats his opinion Pauline? Surely he's torn. She's at once representative of the demographic of his main audience, and at the same time a threat to the Coalition he's basically a paid shill for.

So someone who criticises one party within a democracy is anti-democratic?
Criticism?
They haven't even sat in the Senate yet and the usual suspects want them out
Not to represent those that voted for them
Those voters are not deserving of a voice according to some
Me,I want ONP to wreck s**t for both sides of the house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Criticism?
They haven't even sat in the Senate yet and the usual suspects want them out
Not to represent those that voted for them
Those voters are not deserving of a voice according to some
Me,I want ONP to wreck s**t for both sides of the house
Lots of words.

It's just the dumbest of criticisms to say someone is anti-democratic because they dislike a party.

Both of these would be closer to libertarian ideals than anything else - often labeled right but libertarianism should really be regarded as outside the left/right paradigm, although there are quite a few areas where it does overlap with conservatism (the domain of small-government advocates).

Plenty of so called conservatives are hardly small government though. Howard, Abbott, Bush, Cameron just as recent examples.

Is there anyone in Parliament further right than Bernardi? I would love to see the disintegration of the Liberal Party as it would mean Corey would go out and officially form his Christian Liberals Party.

Yes agreed, it would be great to see the God Bothering wing to be expelled. They add nothing and certainly aren't "liberal" in any meaning of the word.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-17/vietnam-police-block-access-to-long-tan-site/7756984

Without a doubt the Vietnamese are being campaigners. They have a right though. Look through their eyes at the election result and support Pauline Hanson got. They know who she is, what she's about and they will never forget what we did to their country once.

The latest news on this is that overnight a deal was brokered for today's very significant and sad day. However, it's not exactly what was the original plan and barely a compromise.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-...ow-restricted-access-to-long-tan-site/7761134

I can see the Vietnamese's point, as harsh as it is on our veterans, how would people in Europe have felt allowing ex German soldiers marking the 50th anniversary of victories in WWII battles in their countries? It's a sad situation, and another reminder wars are fought long after they end.

MT & his mates have to make a decision now, either get into bed with Pauline and annoy the centrist in Australia or get into bed with the Greens and annoy the right of the party. It's a lose-lose situation for them now, with Bill Shorten and Albanese sitting on the sidelines pissing themselves laughing.

It's actually funny that everyone thinks she is far right, because some of her policies are far left. http://www.onenation.com.au/policies
  • Pro Euthanasia
  • Apprenticeship scheme
  • Citizen generated referendum
  • Pro Medicinal Cannabis
  • CSG moratorium
  • Overhaul of the Family Law Courts

So for all those thinking she is just a complete right wing loony she isn't and given her views on a few other items, it is fair to bet that if Xenophon asked her to back his proposed reforms to gambling advertising and pokies she would support him fully.
She is a populist.

Typically right wing populists stoke racial/cultural fear and take an anti-immigration and anti-minority agenda, but hold populist positions, many of which are contradictory. Like lower tax, but better services. Protectionism, but greater growth.

What often happens though, is they pivot very strongly to an authoritarian, pro corporate/elite agenda once they have power.

However, in the case of individual senators, this isn't really possible, as they need to maintain their appeal or lose relevance.

She is a populist.

Typically right wing populists stoke racial/cultural fear and take an anti-immigration and anti-minority agenda, but hold populist positions, many of which are contradictory. Like lower tax, but better services. Protectionism, but greater growth.

What often happens though, is they pivot very strongly to an authoritarian, pro corporate/elite agenda once they have power.

However, in the case of individual senators, this isn't really possible, as they need to maintain their appeal or lose relevance.
She needs to maintain appeal if she wants to build on momentum gained in this election. The next test will be to see what happens in state elections. They have three Senator up for re-election in 3 years, hold ground and they will get only one in Qld, build and take the support of the Christian right in NSW and they could win there.

Although I have always found one thing very odd with Hanson, for all her right wing and protectionist policies, she is for euthanasia and wants a parliamentary inquiry to look into how to make it happen. It's definitely not what you'd expect and she takes a much stronger pro stance on it than the Greens who only look at in theory but don't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back