Roast Penalised for finishing 5th instead of 6th!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyerstraits

Senior List
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
What a joke this is. By finishing 5th we are penalised by being scheduled to play two days after the 1st qualifying final, effectively a five day break against a seven day break the following week. Whereas the Colliwobblers/Powerpuffs, who finish below us will have exactly the same break as their opponent. Where is the fairness in this?

What a joke this is. By finishing 5th we are penalised by being scheduled to play two days after the 1st qualifying final, effectively a five day break against a seven day break the following week. Whereas the Colliwobblers/Powerpuffs, who finish below us will have exactly the same break as their opponent. Where is the fairness in this?

1. How are you so confident we will win in Week One?

2. For once, I'll draw from the Ross Lyon book, we must be a team that can play anywhere, anytime. No excuses.

3. I'm also quite happy that we get the Sunday, so we needn't share our sorrows or happiness with any other sets of fans. We would also find out our potentially upcoming opponents beforehand.

Win or lose, this is our Year Zero. Bring on Round 1 of the (new) Tiger of Old.

They say we have won the last sixteen out of twenty against Carlton, though I have bad memories of them since the Sixties and tend to regard them as one of our bogie teams I can only hope that given that they are in the finals by default, the football gods will look upon us with favour next week and give us the victory, that we so obviously deserve.

I was pretty grumpy about it too. It is what it is though. We have to move on. I doubt you'll hear Dimma complain about it. Certainly not this week at least.

I just want us to beat Carlton and get an opportunity to play a real finals game against a real finals team of either Hawthorn or Sydney. Plenty the boys can take out of that for next year. Carlton don't deserve that opportunity and I'll be filthy if we give it to them.

Maybe you should just enjoy the fact that you are playing finals?

We will play Saturday night in a Semi if we advance, stop complaining...
This thread is about the disadvantage given to us for finishing 5th. If you think it's irrelevant that a side below us will get an even break while we have to back up with two days less break you're a fool and know nothing about football.

1. How are you so confident we will win in Week One?

2. For once, I'll draw from the Ross Lyon book, we must be a team that can play anywhere, anytime. No excuses.

3. I'm also quite happy that we get the Sunday, so we needn't share our sorrows or happiness with any other sets of fans. We would also find out our potentially upcoming opponents beforehand.

Win or lose, this is our Year Zero. Bring on Round 1 of the (new) Tiger of Old.
1) assuming favourites win Mogwai. 2) This isn't about excuses, it's about fairness.

Blame the WAFL, not the AFL.

Subiaco is booked for the saturday the following week for some international bum sniffing, so the match likely to be there needs to be on the friday night, so the teams that might play then play on saturday so they get a 6 day break.

If we win, we'll play Sydney/Hawthorn on the saturday, with a 6 day break, as opposed to their 8...bad, but shit happens.

Play Saturday this week and Friday the week after or Sunday and play Saturday. Does it matter? Collingwood aren't playing Sunday then Friday the week after lol.
We play Sunday this week tigs, it doesn't matter what day we play the following week, but when you look at the breaks it does, I'm just pointing out the disparity between our possible break and a team that finishes below us. A two day difference is huge in finals, anyone who thinks it isn't, either doesn't know or doesn't care.

We play Sunday this week tigs, it doesn't matter what day we play the following week, but when you look at the breaks it does, I'm just pointing out the disparity between our possible break and a team that finishes below us. A two day difference is huge in finals, anyone who thinks it isn't, either doesn't know or doesn't care.

I know we play Sunday. I'm saying it wouldn't matter. Either way we cop a 6 day break. Next year we will get the advantages if we finish higher. The loss to Carlton was costly. Sydney Hawthorn should probably be Saturday to even it out but then it needs to be at Etihad. There's no way around it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say who cares about round 2.
Bring on round 1 let's beat Carlton and this season becomes a major breakthrough for the Richmond football club. If we at the start of the season were told we would win 1 final we all would have jumped at that.

And All this talk about loosing last nights game to play Port is ****ing crap. I'm glad we are playing Carlton win, loose or draw. Atleast we are guaranteed a sellout at the MCG. Think of the atmosphere can't wait.

This thread is about the disadvantage given to us for finishing 5th. If you think it's irrelevant that a side below us will get an even break while we have to back up with two days less break you're a fool and know nothing about football. As for complaints, isn't that what your girlfriend does when she says "Is it in yet?"
Settle champ, in a perfect world all four finals next week would be played at the same time and then ditto the following week.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way so someone will always get a longer or shorter break than someone else. The AFL in an attempt to make it as fair as possible and also showcase our great game to as large an audience as possible these things happen.

Take it on the chin pal, we have a final at the G next week, you should be ecstatic with that like the rest of us :thumbsu:

Just beat those pricks on Sunday please. We are 4 games and 16% better, they should be sitting 9th. Their supporters are the biggest knobs going around. We could have been top 4 if we beat them, but we just weren't switched on enough. We owe these guys a smashing. I just hope we control them, which I believe we will.

This thread is about the disadvantage given to us for finishing 5th. If you think it's irrelevant that a side below us will get an even break while we have to back up with two days less break you're a fool and know nothing about football.

Sorry I must have missed the game, how much did we beat Carlton by again? Lets not forget a few weeks back we came off a shorter break than the Hawks and beat them comfortably having travelled back from Sydney the week before. So lets not go getting hysterical here, lets just worry about beating Carlton this weekend and then worry about beating either Hawthorn or Sydney the following week.

Carlton lack class across the board.

They have 4 - 6 guns, 8 or so honest toilers and the bottom 6 of their 22 is quite frankly rubbish.

The only way they can beat us as a collective is if they go in harder and play out of their skins and pressure us into mistakes.
I'd be most embarrassed if that happened in a final.

They would also need 8 or so players that have had terrible years to have blinders and run riot for 4 quarters. Betts, Yarran, Gartlett, Waite.

It's going to be as painful week listening to Carlton know-nothing fools like, Maher, Maclure and Walls verbal diarrhea about how Carlton is going to hunt us.
Tools of the highest order.

I say who cares about round 2.
Bring on round 1 let's beat Carlton and this season becomes a major breakthrough for the Richmond football club. If we at the start of the season were told we would win 1 final we all would have jumped at that.

And All this talk about loosing last nights game to play Port is ******* crap. I'm glad we are playing Carlton win, loose or draw. Atleast we are guaranteed a sellout at the MCG. Think of the atmosphere can't wait.

We have absolutely nothing to fear about playing Carlton. Richmond teams have usually beaten them and we are a better team. I'd prefer them to a good team like Collingwood and if we beat them we'll worry about hte semi then.

This is our GF. This rivalry goes back a long way. These clubs hate each other.

Win this game and the next game(s) doesn't even matter. It's enough for me.

Eat 'em Alive.

I disagree mate. It is THEIR GF playing a team which usually beats them in finals, is a better team, finished higher on the ladder aned draws bigger crowds.

They are our finals housebeeatch and we a bigger club. let them get all excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back