Richmond predicted to finish bottom in 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Jenkins...surely you jest...I've just watched his effort again in the 2017 gf...what else do ya reckon he's gunna say.
SEN seem to pick anyone with a Richmond chip on the shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crowbots predicted a grand final victory with such confidence they booked a seat for the cup to fly back to radelaide

1696588045140.png

picture is from this article by rebecca judd's beta boyfriend talking about cotch sweeping the sheds which is what pendles was talking about mcrae doing and everybody fawned over the pies like it's never been done before...

What are the chances he is on the money, or not far off?

I definitely don’t think we’ll finish last because our top end is too good for that. Also Yze and West Coast.

But I’ll be honest and say that it’s not a bad call by him as of right now. Some points that support his call:

- We’ve lost some veterans from last year. Yeah, we’ll probably miss none of them in terms of gameplay, but it’s the loss of experience, mentoring opportunities, and culture that may hurt us. Still the right call though.

- Some of our current veterans are injury-prone. Others have dipped from their usual standard of performance with no guarantee of returning back.

- Our youth are largely inexperienced.

So, I don’t think it’s a bad call even though I don’t agree. It could be a bad call in hindsight next year, but it’s too hard to tell which way we’ll go. Our forward depth isn’t the best and we don’t know what’ll happen with Lynch and the rest of our veterans.

But I’m sure many Richmond supporters will bookmark Jenkins’ post and keep it as ammo in case we finish in the top 8. That’s the down side of making bold calls.

I can see bottom six if things don’t work out, but wooden spoon, no chance.
prick is just salty he touched the ball three times in the 17 grand final.
also struggling when you are worse on radio than Andy Maher and Andrew gaze.

We won't finish last but we were poor in 2023, put hardly any games into kids compared to other teams, have no draft picks and aren't recruiting any big name players. Can't really blame people for predicting us to fall further . Finishing bottom 4 wouldnt be the end of the world, it would confirm we need to rebuild with youth. A midtable finish makes things tricky.

If we start the season poorly again, the senior players will start to lose interest and then it could get ugly and everyone will blame the coach.

What are the chances he is on the money, or not far off?

We are more chance of winning the flag than the wooden spoon. The only chance of a spoon is if Yze is the next incarnation of Mark Neeld or Rhyce Shaw.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Articles like that can sometimes have other motivations, especially before trade period.

Stories like that are kindling to "Dusty wants to go" narratives. "Does he want to finish his career on the bottom?" Etc

In saying that, not expecting much from 2024

No chance we finish bottom of the ladder, it's just a headline to get "clicks"
It just makes Josh Jenkins look silly to the football world.

How rare is it a draftee comes in and has a big contribution? I don't think lack of draft picks thisbyear puts us down. If anything those 2021kids will be having their 3rdpreseason so actually should be able to make a jump.

But the only thing we would love, like everyone else though, is young
Future game breakers which by the sound of it is the top 5 or so draftees, but we missed that boat with the hopper future first trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back