Peter Wright contact with Harry Cunningham: Pleads Guilty and Receives 4 Week Suspension

How long will Peter be in the sin bin?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • 1 week

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 76 31.9%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • 6+ weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What on earth is with your desperation to see Wright knee Cunningham in the face dude?

Even if he had elected to go for the mark, why does he get his knees up to the height of Cunningham's head to chest mark a ball that's BELOW Cunningham's head at the point of impact? Was he gonna do a somersault?
What? He jumps up and protects himself with his knees. It'd not that hard. Give it a try right now I bet you

What? He jumps up and protects himself with his knees. It'd not that hard. Give it a try right now I bet you
That doesn't answer my question. How does he mark the ball? Between his legs?

He evidently doesn't have hands in your imagination?
Yeah, but stand up straight for a second and let me know where your hands are in relation to your knees. Are they above or below your knees?

Bro what?

I SPENT 5 WHOLE MINUTES ON THIS ABORTION BECAUSE I CANT FATHOM HOW STUPID PEOPLE ARE

View attachment 1940405
Dude the lines you've drawn show Wright's hands going over the football and his knees going under Cunningham's face 😂

The only way he could knee/kick Cunningham in the face here is if that was what he was trying to do rather than mark the ball.

Dude the lines you've drawn show Wright's hands going over the football and his knees going under Cunningham's face 😂

The only way he could knee/kick Cunningham in the face here is if that was what he was trying to do rather than mark the ball.
So he caves in the chest and doesn't mark the ball and still manages to punish the player running back with the flight?

Or he runs faster with an actual intent to hurt him and does cave I'm his head?

Either way my point still stands

Jason Segel Dancing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he caves in the chest and doesn't mark the ball and still manages to punish the player running back with the flight?

Or he runs faster with an actual intent to hurt him and does cave I'm his head?

Either way my point still stands

Jason Segel Dancing GIF
Yes that would be fine because his primary intent would have been the ball. Your point doesn't stand at all though, and was, frankly, bizarre.

Either way the suspension stands and you can go back to your weird fantasies about Wright dropkicking Cunningham 👍

At the end of the day though, surely fans of ALL clubs can see this result as a win if what Wayne Carey says is true and he's done with the sport.

Sorry Essendon supporters, but it's for the greater good.

Yes that would be fine because his primary intent would have been the ball. Your point doesn't stand at all though, and was, frankly, bizarre.

Either way the suspension stands and you can go back to your weird fantasies about Wright dropkicking Cunningham 👍
Ah. So his mistake was giving in to a human instinct to protect themselves. You've just admitted I'm right by your first sentence and have vindicated everything I've said in this thread. Thank you my love.

GAME.SET.MATCH.

I have exercised the demons.... this house is clear

Dude, he stopped playing the ball. That's literally the basis on which all laws are interpreted in the AFL. 'The player who makes the ball their sole objective will recieve the benefit of the doubt in adjudication'. Wright didn't do that. He stopped and protected himself. If he had gone through with the spoil and KO'd Cunningham, that would have sucked but there wouldn't have been a case to answer for because his sole focus would have been playing the ball. How are people not understanding this fundamental concept?

Precedent set.
I look forward to Sydney supporters opinions when one of their players braces for impact and get a months holiday 😅.
Gulden did it in the same match, against Draper.

In further news, how can a player play over 150 games and no ones ever heard of him until now? I watch nearly every game every round and had never heard of cunningham

In further news, how can a player play over 150 games and no ones ever heard of him until now? I watch nearly every game every round and had never heard of cunningham
As a lockdown small defender it probably means he's good at his role (which he is) if you don't hear his name that often.

Because there is football that happens outside of the Melbourne AFL bubbly?

Don’t worry, I can’t recognise half your team. Problem as they are vanilla.

Back