Peter Wright contact with Harry Cunningham: Pleads Guilty and Receives 4 Week Suspension

How long will Peter be in the sin bin?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • 1 week

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 76 31.9%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • 6+ weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't contest with your head (suicide and foolish)
You now cannot contest with your upper body (to protect your own self)
So you now have to contest with your knees if you can't spoil by hand/fist and whatever happens so be it = no punishment

View attachment 1940360View attachment 1940361
That was Peter protecting himself from? Shouldn't he have been reaching to spoil if he was in the contest?

Looks like AFL are going the gutless trial by social media route, always going to get bigger sanctions that way
Would appeal on principle alone. You just know that when a media darling does something like this later in the season they will find a way to weasel them out of it. Bombers lawyers too honest need to recruit some that will lie through their teeth like other teams use

I actually agree, he should have kneed him in the face
Tantrum Crying GIF

So you now have to contest with your knees if you can't spoil by hand/fist and whatever happens so be it = no punishment

Its pretty simple....if you leave the ground and are late/don't make contact with the ball....but then you still impact a player...you are playing with fire....if they get concussed...you are gone.

Except Wright didn't even argue that he was contesting the ball, his lawyers first statement is that he turned away from the ball to protect his dud shoulder.

If he didn't take his eyes off it and turn he'd be playing this week. If his shoulder was any good after the impact anyway

Looks like AFL are going the gutless trial by social media route, always going to get bigger sanctions that way
Would appeal on principle alone. You just know that when a media darling does something like this later in the season they will find a way to weasel them out of it. Bombers lawyers too honest need to recruit some that will lie through their teeth like other teams use
I agree with that. I still think Maynard would have been rubbed any other round of the year.

Is it Cunningham's fault now?

the lesson learned is that wright should not brace, he should have ran through Cunningham and destroyed him in the process, had he he wouldn't have had a case to answer for. basically what FIGJAM said on the couch.

I am not sure how you train for it, nor teach a player how to override human instact, but in reality, that's what he should have done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My view is that players should be allowed to contest the ball but the clear message we are giving to clubs and players is that if you contest the ball and you are late, and you hit the opposition player in the head, you are going to be in trouble,” Scott said.

the lesson learned is that wright should not brace, he should have ran through Cunningham and destroyed him in the process, had he he wouldn't have had a case to answer for.

I am not sure how you train for it, nor teach a player how to do it, but in reality, that's what he should have done.

Plenty of contests every week where two players fly for a ball and neither pull the arm/shoulder in...players tend to do it when they are late to a contest and raise they made the wrong call leaving the ground.

the lesson learned is that wright should not brace, he should have ran through Cunningham and destroyed him in the process, had he he wouldn't have had a case to answer for. basically what FIGJAM said on the couch.

I am not sure how you train for it, nor teach a player how to override human instact, but in reality, that's what he should have done.
The lesson learnt is to at least try to ******* contest the ball. Jesus Christ what's wrong with you guys?

I actually agree, he should have kneed him in the face
What on earth is with your desperation to see Wright knee Cunningham in the face dude?

Even if he had elected to go for the mark, why does he get his knees up to the height of Cunningham's head to chest mark a ball that's BELOW Cunningham's head at the point of impact? Was he gonna do a somersault?

I only lol’ed at your post as it has been trial by Fox and Seven media for some time.

The lesson learnt is to at least try to ******* contest the ball. Jesus Christ what's wrong with you guys?
Exactly.

The problem here is club bias determining Essendon supporters' opinions.

Back