Petracca signs until the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Good deal for both sides I reckon.
Gun player, quality human.
Met him personally a few years ago at our local cricket club (yes cricket). We had a 13-14 year old kid- mad dees supporter- struck down with a brain tumor. First night back at training after surgery and recovery Christian came down and spent the evening with him, watching him train, giving banter and lots of laughs, bowling and batting to him, a kick of the footy after training and staying on for dinner at the club along with calling a few times over the next 12 months to see how things were going.
No doubt every club has player's doing this sort of stuff but we don't hear enough of it.
Ripping bloke and the Dees have a great ambassador.

Due to Franklin's situation?

I see your point but he will most likely end up (injury permitting) our greatest since Flower and if wins a Flag since Barassi, it also sends a statement to other players.
Reminds me of Barassi. Solidly built, goal-kicking midfielder who seems to be a barometer for the Dees. Not at Barassi levels yet, but who knows how good he can be.

We should all call Connors something like a Terminator with his futuristic deals- amirighthguys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, I'd suggest that they are paying him 8 years and hoping for about 6 good ones, and the Dees have probably budgeted on paying for a player not on the field in his last couple of years to get him at he's peak.

I've only seen one exception to a team getting the better end of a long term contract, and that was Alister Lynch.
Worked out pretty well for the Tigers and Dusty - even if Dusty never plays another good game I doubt they’d regret that deal, which was signed before the 2017 finals series

Could certainly argue a 5 year extension would have been enough. But negotiations obviously got us to 7. I’m not complaining. To be honest he’ll play into his last year easily barring some bad luck with injury. Jones is 33 and getting a game. I’d say Petracca will be a handy forward/mid at 33.

Could certainly argue a 5 year extension would have been enough. But negotiations obviously got us to 7. I’m not complaining. To be honest he’ll play into his last year easily barring some bad luck with injury. Jones is 33 and getting a game. I’d say Petracca will be a handy forward/mid at 33.
Handy med substitute too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back