Philippines new President - Rodrigo "The Punisher" Duterte

Remove this Banner Ad

well done to him for saying the catholic - pedo stuff

I hope people are starting to join the dots with Duterte and more importantly his political opposition. The church, drugs and illegal mining has kept millions in poverty and in "institutionalised slavery".

We see a similar issue in Indonesia at the moment with the mosque attacking Ahok. In this case islam is being used by Probowo and Sukarnoputri to mobilise the masses.

The church is equally as guilty in the Philippines.

He has just announced free birth control for Filipino women.

Catholic church is pissed. They are also pissed about his war on drugs and his overtures to Communist China.

I suppose that will teach them for molesting him as a kid.

I'm back in the Philippines this month. I'll be keen to hear how the local feel half a year on from the election.

I love this country!

How so? I find these updates from you and VineyIsLORD very informative and helpful.

I truly believe Duterte wanted a better Philippines, with greater opportunity for the people and to step out of a feudal system. This feudal system was supported by the funds of illegal mining and drugs...........thus the war on drugs.

In Mindanao, Duterte was successful with his "blue army" as he could control them and keep abreast of activities. Further he didn't effect the goings on of the families. Unfortunately, that's not the case for his actions at a national level. It has all come to an end with the police killing witnesses against their own corruption and a Korean.

This has brought about threats of impeachment and jailing of Duterte by the Senate. I can't go into detail any further whilst here but its fair to say........checkmate.

I truly believe Duterte wanted a better Philippines, with greater opportunity for the people and to step out of a feudal system. This feudal system was supported by the funds of illegal mining and drugs...........thus the war on drugs.

In Mindanao, Duterte was successful with his "blue army" as he could control them and keep abreast of activities. Further he didn't effect the goings on of the families. Unfortunately, that's not the case for his actions at a national level. It has all come to an end with the police killing witnesses against their own corruption and a Korean.

This has brought about threats of impeachment and jailing of Duterte by the Senate. I can't go into detail any further whilst here but its fair to say........checkmate.
So more or less, the corrupt parties acted to protect themselves against any real changes?

Getting ready for a bush walk

270e44ba0ded54a4ec8f45122a365c92.jpg

Simply a nation with different issues

Phillipenia is a shithole. Who the **** is he to tell people to stop injecting themselves with 1st class world substances. And murder them for doing so. When you run a country not far beyond Ethiopia (that also hasn't evolved out of using "lip discs") it's a big double standard. You can't help but picture him as a wild baboon let loose in a lab ripping out wires and knocking everything over when it comes to his view on drugs. Who knows if they even have aquaducts in the Philippines. Last time I checked it was all cannabalistic tribes and an inability to grasp sapein technology.

Drugs are the only thing that would give people in that country a reason not to despair.

Phillipenia is a shithole. Who the **** is he to tell people to stop injecting themselves with 1st class world substances. And murder them for doing so. When you run a country not far beyond Ethiopia (that also hasn't evolved out of using "lip discs") it's a big double standard. You can't help but picture him as a wild baboon let loose in a lab ripping out wires and knocking everything over when it comes to his view on drugs. Who knows if they even have aquaducts in the Philippines. Last time I checked it was all cannabalistic tribes and an inability to grasp sapein technology.

Drugs are the only thing that would give people in that country a reason not to despair.

1) there is nothing 1st class about the s**t being injected in the philippines. Drugs (esp ice) are cheap as s**t, and the quality is similar

2) whats the difference between an ethiopean women inserting a big arse disc in her lip, and a brunswick st hipster inserting big arse discs in their earlobes?

3) cannibalism was never widespread in the philippines, and it happens there just as much as it does in the west

4) philippines has infrastructure issues, but they are hardly third world.

1) the people I work with a fantastic. they are skilled, multi-lingual, positive and hard working.
2) this begs the question of why are so many so poor? .and the answer is simple......corruption and a lack of investment (due to corruption)
- ie taking 10 years to build the most expensive airport in the world!
3) this raises the question of how can a democracy keep voting in corrupt govt?
- it has a US style election process which is very expensive. Meaning ordinary people can't get elected without funds and the wealthy who get elected expect to be "paid" back
4) how do families raise the money for an election?
- drugs and illegal mining
5) Duterte's war on drugs and illegal mining is just as much about breaking the fuedal system as it is about drugs and the environment
6) The terrorist groups like Abu Sayyaf also fund their agenda through kidnapping and drug running.

Here is a video of the pressures facing Duterte.........now try soft alone policy to resolve this:
https://www.zerocensorship.com/unce...ing-execution-abu-sayyaf-graphic-video-403870

This happened in the area I left yesterday. The soldiers killed one of the guys and detained two associated with this and the kidnapping of an 8 year old.

Hopefully you have an appreciation of the challenges this great nation has. I also hope you appreciate the Duterte has to break things as part of the journey forward and it will be the job of the next president to rebuild and fix the nation. It's just a shame they have a US system rather than a british system.

I well understand that there are and have been some brutally corrupt and horrible people in the Philippines in the past, but this is pretty gruesome (are a few fairly graphic images, fair warning):

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...y&mccr=MC1&ad-keywords=NYTGAustraliaNews&_r=0

If mere addicts (not dealers) are submitting themselves for treatment and then being extrajudicially killed anyway, then there is a real problem. Things are getting out of hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, what a loon. Hope he's speaking figuratively.

Besides which, it's poor strategy to make your enemies fight to the death. Give them a way to surrender or escape without getting killed, and you can win while minimising your own losses.

Wow, what a loon. Hope he's speaking figuratively.

Besides which, it's poor strategy to make your enemies fight to the death. Give them a way to surrender or escape without getting killed, and you can win while minimising your own losses.

this is a civil war. it doesn't get resolved without a carrot and a stick.

Further this civil war is not because of Duterte, rather the corrupt govts over the many decades. Thus the various terrorist groups and separatists have just cause for taking up arms but that doesn't mean allowing the fighting to continue is the right pathway.

watch this and think about this not just terrorism, rather a very profitable business https://www.zerocensorship.com/unce...ing-execution-abu-sayyaf-graphic-video-403870

they simply won't stop by asking them nicely.

Please watch the video

I would think extrajudicial killings of mere drug addicts is not excused by a cover of a civil war.

the measure was to cut the funding of the corrupt political families who use illegal mining and drug money to fund the expensive US style presidential campaigns. It's a question of whether killing people is a valid cost to take the nation away from serfdom. Legally the answer is clear, morally a question mark and in the context of history its completely valid. The reason why I say it is completely valid, is the death rate in the Philippines is lower under Duterte than prior.

The senate has decided not to support any international action or internal action over the killings which is very surprising. However, the "price" of their support will likely render Duterte a mere puppet and we will see a return to corruption by the senate and families.

You haven't travelled much I assume??

Anyone see the interview on RT today with Duterte?.....The bloke just tore the U.S a new rectum, in calling it like it is......Respect.:thumbsu:

Here it is for anyone who is interested.

https://www.rt.com/shows/rt-interview/389163-philippines-duterte-interview/

It is interesting isn't it.

but is the issue politics, media or the global electorate?

Personally I point the blame against the "masses" who don't stop to think about issues or consider 98% of the world simply isn't like Australia.

It is interesting isn't it.

but is the issue politics, media or the global electorate?

Personally I point the blame against the "masses" who don't stop to think about issues or consider 98% of the world simply isn't like Australia.

He pointed the glut of both drugs & terrorists pouring into his country directly at the feet of U.S foreign policy.....And he's right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back