Strategy PICK 5 - WHO WOULD YOU PICK NOW? (Its done! Thread closed, pls post on the 'welcome' thread)

A weeks to go. Who would you pick now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t see how they Interview and that can make a Big Difference

Certainly could do. Perhaps Langford and De Goey interview well and Laverde doesn't as one example. Unless you really hear strong rumblings such as, as one example Duggan who interviewed well or someone who really interviews poorly which similarly you sometimes hear, you generally don't hear about it. So that can play a part. I would agree and could be one of a number of things that could separate some of the prospects.

Huh? It's not like we have a game in 2 or 3 weeks. The fact Langford is 10 kilos less than Laverde simply means he has more scope for improvement. If he can perform at such a high level now, imagine what he can do at 190cm/84+kg's....

Not necessarily. What if Langford doesn't develop? At least Laverde has a decent size to fall back on. That's always a possibility.

Yeh i agree, its like they want pick 5 to dominate for us next year.

What we want is a player to dominate for the next 10-12 years

Of course I want him to be able to come in and make an instant impact, and of course I want him to dominate for 10+ years. All I'm saying is that a kid with a body like Laverde's would be more capable of coming in and being able to stand up (look at Bontempelli).

It was really interesting doing a comparison of the TAC Cup stats for Laverde, De Goey & Langford. They are all pretty much even in their averages in all categories. I think we probably need to go with Dekka's choice on this one.

It was really interesting doing a comparison of the TAC Cup stats for Laverde, De Goey & Langford. They are all pretty much even in their averages in all categories. I think we probably need to go with Dekka's choice on this one.

Same stats but Laverade is a game breaker and more damaging

Is it just me or does Langford's kicking lack penetration? From the highlights his kicks look accurate enough and certainly seem to fall to advantage but they hang forever and a day. Looks like he'd be prone to setting up the odd hospital pass here and there, or you know, kicking it on top of the forwards head - like we've always done.

I think Laverde looks a better type. Still keen to get him aboard, hope it works out that way.

To be truthful, I hope this Langford stunt is a bit of a smoke screen. I hope it's just us trying boost his status in the eyes of other clubs.

Laverde and Langford are essentially the same height (189/190 if my mind serves me right), however Laverde has about 10 extra kilos. I think that in itself puts Laverde ahead of Langford. Surely we don't rate Langford's abilities with the ball in hand that far ahead of Laverde, that we would pass him up.

I would personally be ropeable if we based a 10-12 year investment on a 10kg wait difference at the age of 18. Especially when you consider that Langford barely scraped in to this draft class.

Not really that impressed by Langford, doesn't seem to stand out as warranting a Pick 5. Laverde would be the one I take and De Goey is a close second. That's if Pickett is already gone.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Wright did a Grundy
Well, that's what all the media scribes are saying...
Funny thing...we can get him for free next week...where as the Doggies traded their Captain + top 10 draft pick & $$$$$$ to land their young KPF...

Peter Wright is no Tom Boyd. Boyd would be going #1 in this draft so comfortably it wouldn't be a conversation... Pretty much any draft, actually.

If you designed an underage key forward prospect in a lab, he'd come out like Tom Boyd.

I think we need a Pickett type the most to be honest. We lack serious X-Factor and he's definitely got that about him. I doubt we're going to pick him up but if Laverde has been picked by our pick and we're not interested in Pickett then I'd love us to pick Wright. Wright and Moore will set up our forward line for the next 10 years, can't go wrong with that.

Certainly could do. Perhaps Langford and De Goey interview well and Laverde doesn't as one example. Unless you really hear strong rumblings such as, as one example Duggan who interviewed well or someone who really interviews poorly which similarly you sometimes hear, you generally don't hear about it. So that can play a part. I would agree and could be one of a number of things that could separate some of the prospects.

Well, How even the Draft is at the Top would mean that it would not take much for Rating to Change and a Good Interview and make Hine Believe in you could be the Difference.

Don't know anymore, I just want the best player. Don't care if he plays next year or the year after or...
I don't know who the best player is, will just support whoever Dekka selects.
Cant wait for Thursday.
Go Pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back