Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Aiden Bonar

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Nathan Murphy

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I must be watching the wrong Murphy video. Someone link me to the droolworthy exciting one?

I keep watching the lead/mark/fallover/get up/kick one but am hearing he’s supposed to be a midfielder. Have I got the name mixed up?

Just need Friday to be over with already and we can get excited over the new acquisition at 6 (whoever it may be).

I started off draft season wanting Stephenson, then Fogarty, then Coffield, then was content with Naughton (due to needs) and am now onto Murphy!

That reply narrows the field down!!

I’m not criticising anybody just pointing out it’s not easy. I’m offering no views myself because I’m no expert.

(Although I am criticising in advance the inevitable harry hindsight’s who in five years time will reinvent history and say what we should have done and how obvious it was at the time) .
So you're criticising something that hasn't happens yet?

Don't you get upset when people critisise the club for something they haven't done yet?

I think it's pretty darn good that with 2 days to go before the draft, none of the media have any idea who we are picking.
Of course neither do we, but I'm good with that. Loose lips sink ships. I think that's how the saying goes.

So you're criticising something that hasn't happens yet?

Don't you get upset when people critisise the club for something they haven't done yet?

Predicting based on past history.

It’s likely to be a more accurate prediction than most people’s draft selections

Last edited:
I think it's pretty darn good that with 2 days to go before the draft, none of the media have any idea who we are picking.
Of course neither do we, but I'm good with that. Loose lips sink ships. I think that's how the saying goes.

Equally we don’t know who’s going to be available.

It’s quite clear we have a couple in mind but if any of the generally accepted top five drop, all bets are off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re talking talent ID here and what has happened to Scharenberg doesn’t suggest bad talent ID which is why I find it really difficult to pot that selection. He’d have 60+ games under his belt if he’d avoided the injury God’s wrath so let’s be fair no recruiter can recruit against bad luck.

Despite that you’ve acknowledged Treloar and JDG as worthy selections then ruled out Moore because he picked himself.

I’m normally partial to a roasting of the club, but in this case I’m not buying it and this couch recruiter stuff is a pretty easy gig, IMO. Especially when the outgoing CEO was cutting costs left right and centre within the FD to help the bottom line dramatically impacting Hine’s department. IMO, it’s no coincidence we went from league best to above average given resources were constrained.

That's the risk Hine took on Scharenberg and unfortunately we can't just say "the talent ID was right but it was just bad luck".
As it stands that selection has not been a good piece of business for our club.

Moore does pick himself.
He was always going top 10.
Hine did not do anything special here.
We had priority access to a player who is the son of a club legend.

This mentality that "it's always someone else's fault because of x,y,z has worn thin with me.
It's time people in their respective positions take some ownership and responsibility for their job roles and actions.
It's constant deflection.

I will praise and give the man credit where it's due however he has been underperforming for some time now and living off the credits he had built from his Pendlebury, Thomas, Sidebottom, Beams etc days.

He needs to start hitting the draft board again and nail what is starting to become some crucial selections for us because if not, we will continue to sit in the middle of nowhere.

If we are to use the excuse of him being "under resourced", go have a look at his understudy at Melbourne- Jason Taylor.
You can't tell me they've been more resourced than us…yet he has found some very good players in his time with Melbourne.

What I find amusing is that no one knows who we are picking in two days yet Hine knows that 17 Clubs are going to bid on our "potential" Father son / Academy player before the second round next year! :drunk:

Yeah and then traded that pick instead of using it ( great rule afl 101)

It was the 1st year of the bidding system and it was done during trade week rather than during the draft itself. Likely would have been a different outcome under the current system. More likely we could have grabbed Lever or Langford or Laverde at pick 9 and then picked up Moore at 30. But even that scenario would mean we would have likely missed on Maynard (doubt he'd have slipped to 48) who we ultimately took at 30 and he is starting to look like he'll be a beauty.

I must be watching the wrong Murphy video. Someone link me to the droolworthy exciting one?

I keep watching the lead/mark/fallover/get up/kick one but am hearing he’s supposed to be a midfielder. Have I got the name mixed up?

I half agree, though that is a little overstated.

I see a player with a couple of really elite traits: marking and kicking. His kicking really looks fantastic, beautiful kicks inside 50 with a high degree of difficulty. His marking looks very good as well, beautiful judgement. I do drool over the marking and kicking. If he was 195 cm I'd have a deadset stiffy.

What the clip doesn't show is whether he gets the ball in any other way? Inside a pack? Outside a pack? Does he provide run and carry? At 188 cm he will need to do these things...

The perils of forming opinions based on 2 minute youtube clips...

It was the 1st year of the bidding system and it was done during trade week rather than during the draft itself. Likely would have been a different outcome under the current system. More likely we could have grabbed Lever or Langford or Laverde at pick 9 and then picked up Moore at 30. But even that scenario would mean we would have likely missed on Maynard (doubt he'd have slipped to 48) who we ultimately took at 30 and he is starting to look like he'll be a beauty.
Yeah think melbourne would have got a woody if they landed Maynard
Doesn't excuse more unprofessional behaviour from the afl
Funny how were always the TEST CASE
Watch Steve I hate my brother hocking do a number on us
ODDS

Back