How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a bit of luck the AFL will give the Suns a priority pick therefore allowing them to have Pick 1 & 2 & if we can get Cogs to the club, the AFL can give the Giants Pick 3 as FA compensation.
Wouldn’t they give GWS a pick directly after their first pick? I get confused with the makey-uppy formula of AFL Compensation

With a bit of luck the AFL will give the Suns a priority pick therefore allowing them to have Pick 1 & 2 & if we can get Cogs to the club, the AFL can give the Giants Pick 3 as FA compensation.
Complete crazy talk. GWS compo pick I believe would be after their own 1st round pick which is not pick 3 unless there is something I missed about likely compo should Conigs leave?

A priority pick to Gold Coast when they already got pick one is going back on what AFL have indicated on priority picks in recent years and makes a mockery of work we done to trade players out to get extra early picks.

It is one thing to get excited of Crows losing games which increases the value of first round pick we get with Stocker trade but nothing to get excited about us getting screwed over by AFL at same time as other clubs which is what happens if Gold Coast get handed another pointy end pick after we got no help of that nature from AFL in recent tough times. Their list far healthier than ours was 2 to 4 years back. We had to do it tough getting more picks. Hate to see other clubs unfairly favoured over us from similar list situations we went through.

Last edited:
It's hard to overstate how poor the loss to the Demons was in the context of our season.
We would be no further above Melbourne than we are now.
The losses to Dons, Saints and Gold Coast the real coach killers and the unlucky loss to Hawks via so many injuries in game probably has us being 3 or 4 spots lower than we probably should be. If we somehow can win last two games it ends our season on the right note and although lower than I expected I could not forecast Docherty, Pickett, Charlie, Jones, Cuningham and Marchbank playing so few games and will be very content where we at end of season in terms of developing our young players and team. Here is hoping Pies and Dogs win too to increase value of first round pick we getting.
4th last and Crows 9th last would be very good result given our injuries we had to deal with.
But if had to guess for last two rounds most likely we get pick 10 and Crows pick 3. I think Crows will beat Pies with their homeground advantage and Pies not exactly in top notch form. Dogs will probably finish them off in Ballarat.

It's hard to overstate how poor the loss to the Demons was in the context of our season.

We had a lot of injuries for that game.

People forget but Cripps wasn't playing that day.

I wouldn't look too much into last nights match. Melbourne have probably checked out for the year and more than likely have their eyes on Anderson in this years draft.

Complete crazy talk. GWS compo pick I believe would be after their own 1st round pick which is not pick 3 unless there is something I missed about likely compo should Conigs leave?

A priority pick to Gold Coast when they already got pick one is going back on what AFL have indicated on priority picks in recent years and makes a mockery of work we done to trade players out to get extra early picks.

It is one thing to get excited of Crows losing games which increases the value of first round pick we get with Stocker trade but nothing to get excited about us getting screwed over by AFL at same time as other clubs which is what happens if Gold Coast get handed another pointy end pick after we got no help of that nature from AFL in recent tough times. Their list far healthier than ours was 2 to 4 years back. We had to do it tough getting more picks. Hate to see other clubs unfairly favoured over us from similar list situations we went through.
You've got to stop taking life so seriously. I was just proposing a scenario that would piss Crows' fans off. I am eternally grateful I'm not you.

Its 3 or maybe 4 we're handing over.

Depending on today's results, we get something like 10 back.

With a Suns PP likely, you take that deal. Pick 4 is around 2000 points and Pick 11 is around 1330. Pick 19 (Stocker) was 950 odd points.

We're around 250 points ahead, and have an extra year in Stocker to boot.

Conclusion to the pick swap seems likely to be Pick 3 to Cows. Pick 8-10 to Blues.

With Blues being the first ever team to finish 16th on 7 wins (maybe 8 but unlikely) the result is clearly this.

SOS = Genius
Reid = LUCKY
This gif is gonna get a floggin you can mark my words 😈

C7DE0ECB-4B62-4827-ACFB-7F6951FE9839.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t cheer Pies on very often - but today is one of those days.....
It weird week for Pies and Blues fans to almost be united both in celebration for Dale Thomas career on a good note and us openly cheering on Pies and not feel dirty about it... rofl... Maybe first time since before 1910 there is a truce between our clubs for one weekend. Never imagined this would happen at any point. Live trading takes you in weird places.

Its 3 or maybe 4 we're handing over.

Depending on today's results, we get something like 10 back.

With a Suns PP likely, you take that deal. Pick 4 is around 2000 points and Pick 11 is around 1330. Pick 19 (Stocker) was 950 odd points.

We're around 250 points ahead, and have an extra year in Stocker to boot.

And your scenario is probably the worst case. It's not out of the question that it's pick 7 or 8 coming back to us, especially the way the Crows are travelling right now. There are sets of results that see Adelaide finish 12th or even 13th from here, and they're not especially implausible, with only 1.5 rounds to go.

And your scenario is probably the worst case. It's not out of the question that it's pick 7 or 8 coming back to us, especially the way the Crows are travelling right now. There are sets of results that see Adelaide finish 12th or even 13th from here, and they're not especially implausible, with only 1.5 rounds to go.

One of those results is happening right now.

The Pies are smashing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back