News Pick trade - future first for 23 and future second

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by pick value, if you said that Fremantle's future second was Pick 36, it's the equivalent of Pick 11 (22 +36).

Not sure why anyone is complaining? It's not like the guys we are targeting are going to make our defence any worse.

Besides it being a gamble as a trade , the timing is just dumb.

Now we have pick 22, that’s the pick geelong and essendon are going to ask for.

Dumb dumb dumb.

If we pay pick 22 for esava everyone at the club needs to be swept out.

And it doesn’t matter if esava turns out to be Alir mark 2 and we win the premiership, because things turning out doesn’t make bad decisions/ risks into good decisions.

Going all in on a bad poker hand and landing a winning hand doesn’t make it a good decision, sometimes things fall your way.

What we have is a bunch of uncontracted player’s request by a trade to us.

We should be getting them for well unders as we have the upper hand for once.

If Essendon want a contracted duursma to unite the brothers we should be fleecing them, as we hold the upper hand.

And there’s just no way we “need” to use our future 1st, so if someone wants it we should have made out with a very very good deal fronts, not a deal that only looks good for us if “all things go to plan perfectly” ie we finish top 4 and freo finish bottom 8.

Relying on everything to fall perfectly for it to be a good deal, is not a good trade decision.

Going by pick value, if you said that Fremantle's future second was Pick 36, it's the equivalent of Pick 11 (22 +36).

Not sure why anyone is complaining? It's not like the guys we are targeting are going to make our defence any worse.
Why do people go on about pick value? It has nothing to do with the reality of the trade.

Drafts have different echelons in them. The top 15 or so picks will be far better prospects then anything 36 will be.

I don’t think we’ll ever do worse than that, even based on the immediate feel of that trade
Nahhh, this is worse. There was potential for Sinn to be Chris Judd, Rat and BZT are never going to be top 5 players in their position in the competition.

And we will trade a second rounder and add Durrsma for these two-three (Sweet)

Besides it being a gamble as a trade , the timing is just dumb.

Now we have pick 22, that’s the pick geelong and essendon are going to ask for.

Dumb dumb dumb.

If we pay pick 22 for esava everyone at the club needs to be swept out.

And it doesn’t matter if esava turns out to be Alir mark 2 and we win the premiership, because things turning out doesn’t make bad decisions/ risks into good decisions.

Going all in on a bad poker hand and landing a winning hand doesn’t make it a good decision, sometimes things fall your way.

What we have is a bunch of uncontracted player’s request by a trade to us.

We should be getting them for well unders as we have the upper hand for once.

If Essendon want a contracted duursma to unite the brothers we should be fleecing them, as we hold the upper hand.

And there’s just no way we “need” to use our future 1st, so if someone wants it we should have made out with a very very good deal fronts, not a deal that only looks good for us if “all things go to plan perfectly” ie we finish top 4 and freo finish bottom 8.

Relying on everything to fall perfectly for it to be a good deal, is not a good trade decision.

Is there any chance at all people can wait a little bit longer than five hours into trade week before completely going off the deep end?

I'll reserve my judgement until all trades are known in their full form, not making assumptions based on no credible source.

Is there any chance at all people can wait a little bit longer than five hours into trade week before completely going off the deep end?

I'll reserve my judgement until all trades are known in their full form, not making assumptions based on no credible source.
Waits until end of trade period
Guys, we can't do anything about it now.

Think i saw somewhere that Richmond refused to deal with us for Soldo as we didnt have capital at the time. What if we used 22 on Soldo and 47 then comboed junk picks for Sweet Ratugolea and BZT

The trade has been confirmed.

And no, we don’t need to wait until the end of trade week, our management team can be judged by the decisions they make.

Where does this idea that they’re a protected species and that we can’t judge them on their decision making come from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh. I don’t mind it.

Worth playing the long game now with all of Esava, Brandon Zerk, and Sweet. Don’t need to actually trade Duursma either now

I'm confused. If we assume the usual Hinkley slide in a non-contract year we've just traded ~pick 8 for pick 23 and pick 30?

Who are we wanting in the draft at 23? Why did we need that pick? Obviously not going to use it on any of the targets that have been spoken about openly. Just a strange one all round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back